First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KTM 690
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who who who who who - as a child I stuttered, it's a tick, not a disability and you need not attack someone for accurately portraying the tableau of this specific call/interaction. I am offended at your public and inappropriate scorning of a wholly reasonable discourse. I said good day, sir!
See
I agree. But I also just assumed that the OP meant more of a hesitation in his voice than a persistent speech impediment, implying a sign of dishonesty, but who knows
this is exactly what I meant. He is not disabled nor am I trying to make any disabled people feel bad. Lost in interpretation, but damn the internet didn’t hesitate to get fired up haha

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What if he wasn't lying?

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I’m an October 2020 reservation, with a March 2021 Order. 2.3 Black Diamond 2 door ManSasquatch Tow standard package.
Today my dealer called me (stuttering I might add) to say that Ford Motor Company wouldn’t build my car as it was and I needed to upgrade to a new higher trim level. I asked him to send me where it says this, and the communication went quiet.

What kind of s*** is this? This is a hustle, a bait and switch right ? Is ford motor company changing their ordering guide all of a sudden?
I'm surprised with an Oct 2020 reservation they are even talking to you about a 2022 build.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

🥃

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As someone who who who who who - as a child I stuttered, it's a tick, not a disability and you need not attack someone for accurately portraying the tableau of this specific call/interaction. I am offended at your public and inappropriate scorning of a wholly reasonable discourse. I said good day, sir!
LMMMMMMAO

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My take away with this thread is that the OP hates the disabled and doesn't think they should be employed.

:D:D:D

I am willing to bet that I am closer to the truth than the answer the dealer gave the OP about his trim level being unbuildable.

kylesredapple

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
77 F150 4x4 SB, 16 f150, 15 powerstroke,94 Honda A
Your Bronco Model
Base
WHY even MENTION a stutter?
Some people are saddled with disabilities in life and succeed in their chosen fields.
I would give the OP the benefit of the doubt that the OP was implying that the stuttering dealer was because the dealer was trying hard to make up a story to tell him, not that he has a disability and the OP is a prick for mentioning it...

Sponsored

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would ask the dealer to make sure your order code is 19 or lower, and if they don't, time for a dealer switcheroo

Phil James

Base
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For whatever it's worth, I changed my order yesterday specifically because I was taking a look at my order preview and noticed I had picked a automatic base sasquatch instead of the manual. I sent my updated order to Granger, Hunter gave me a quick call to confirm and then submitted the amended order without issue.

I'm also so far down the line there that it doesn't really matter what build I choose for MY22.
That happened to me also. I ordered a 2 dr Sas Base Manual, the dealer ordered it, Ford verified it as an automatic, and we had to change it.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just my guess. They are trying to get yours built but your tow package is a major constraint.

I don't think it's the model.
If that’s the case why wouldn’t the dealer just say that. Dead silence is a warning sign.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm 401 days in, and I requested a dealer change exactly 8 weeks ago today. I was told it would take 3-5 days. Here I am 2 months later and still waiting.
I'm in a similar boat as you are, and may actually have a pretty significant auto publication interested in picking up this story since so many aren't. DM me if you'd potentially want to go on record/ share your experiences if this goes forward.
Sponsored