Sponsored

Dealer said I can come place my order. I just have one question if you guys don't mind helping me.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That makes zero logical sense. Why would you probably be modifying the suspension and wheels, again, if you are not off roading? It is not worth getting if you're not going to off road it. PERIOD.
95% of modified Jeep owners would like to have a word with you.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
That makes zero logical sense. Why would you probably be modifying the suspension and wheels, again, if you are not off roading? It is not worth getting if you're not going to off road it. PERIOD. Resale value? It's going to depreciate and you'll be paying more the first trip to get new tires.
That's like saying "why are you hopping up or adding a supercharger to your Corvette/Mustang if you are not tracking it..."
People do shit like that all the time, it's the nature of the game. The Bronco as a vehicle makes zero logical sense, there are more fuel efficient, space efficient better driving vehicles overall yet the Bronco has a huge list of people waiting to buy one. There is no logical sense in this forum and I'm an accountant!

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I'm only interested in getting a base 4dr, 2.7 ecoboost engine, hardtop and aux switches. Would come out to 41k msrp, however with the sasquatch package it would be close to 47k. I don't offroad and this will be my daily but would it be worth the money considering it would be covered in warranty and other Pros like the upgraded suspension, Or am i better off going base non SAS and add a lift, bigger tires for the look?
I have a non-SAS base and have no regrets. I agree with those saying go SAS, but only if you plan on lifting and putting on giant tires anyway. Its going to handle and drive nicer without, and it will save you money in gas and tires down the road. Those huge tires weigh 100 lbs each! I was shopping for old Jeep Cherokees (XJ) before I purchased the Bronco, and if anything original ones sell for more than lifted ones with huge tires. With or without SAS the Base is a great value. You might want to consider the 2.3L as well, its a great engine with plenty of pep.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To me without Squatch , it's just another over priced boring looking vehicle...the squatch adds the fun factor and will most likely get your butt off the couch and go out and explore....hell i cant wait till i get home today to drive it..even if its just to go run down to store to get lotto tickets.the bronco would definitely be at the bottom of the list of new vehicle purchases if no plans to offroad or atleast hit some Fire roads...

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No question Sas all the way if not for the gear ratio bump that comes with it.

Sponsored

Migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a non-SAS base and have no regrets. I agree with those saying go SAS, but only if you plan on lifting and putting on giant tires anyway. Its going to handle and drive nicer without, and it will save you money in gas and tires down the road. Those huge tires weigh 100 lbs each! I was shopping for old Jeep Cherokees (XJ) before I purchased the Bronco, and if anything original ones sell for more than lifted ones with huge tires. With or without SAS the Base is a great value. You might want to consider the 2.3L as well, its a great engine with plenty of pep.
Yea I was gonna put bigger tires on for sure. As far as the engine choice I’ve seen the 2.7 has had issues that would be something that would make me switch to getting the 2.3. I’ll place my order with the 2.7 and can change it before it’s built if I change my mind.

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
To me without Squatch , it's just another over priced boring looking vehicle...the squatch adds the fun factor and will most likely get your butt off the couch and go out and explore....hell i cant wait till i get home today to drive it..even if its just to go run down to store to get lotto tickets.the bronco would definitely be at the bottom of the list of new vehicle purchases if no plans to offroad or atleast hit some Fire roads...
Base with big bend take-offs rides more civilized than the sasquatch. Sasquatch ride is spongy.

Mine is a daily driver, and I'll be lucky to get off road with it 2-3 times a year. The way 2022 turned out, next week will be my first camping trip of 2022.

I'd consider it foolish to have paid the extra for the sasquatch for the honest amount of time I'll spend off pavement.

That time off pavement is going to and from hunting/fishing/camping spots which I've been doing for 40 years. To this day it's never included rock climbing and I have zero interest in it, or following others over obstacles just to say I did it!

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dealer said...
giphy.gif

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been waiting for a Badlands, non-Sasquatch, forever. If it was any *other* trim I'd spec the Sasquatch, no question. There's just a ton of value in that package, IMO, even if you don't intend to seriously off-road and I believe it will be a sought after option for subsequent potential buyers.

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the Jeep guys tell everyone they should buy a Rubicon, no matter what the intended use is?

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do the Jeep guys tell everyone they should buy a Rubicon, no matter what the intended use is?
One of the differences being, of course, that in the Wrangler lineup it's the Rubicon and only the Rubicon where one can get the max offroad drivetrain capability whereas with the Bronco one can essentially option the Rubi equivalent (Sasquatch) across the entire trim line; nobody is suggesting the OP buy a Badlands or Wildtrak, the trim levels most Rubicon-equivalent in the Bronco lineup (or if they are I missed it).

WVBaptist

Wildtrak
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak High - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 1st Bronco was a 21 Big Bend
Non Sas. 2.3
I put 30K miles on it factory tires
Then about 7K road trip with some proper 275LT tires.
got 18.3 MPG on Fuelly tracking it all the while

my 2nd Bronco is a 22 Wildrak
I have 15K miles on it and on Fuelly I’m 16.8MPG

I’m impressed with my Sasquatch with the 2.7 V6

is only getting 1.5 MPG worse than the 2.3 BB

granted I live in a hilly / mountainous area but still.

Both the BB and Wildrak are great riding
But if you can afford it do the Sasquatch

slightly worse mileage, but the cool big tire lifted look and you do have more capability if you are in the snow or off-road.

EddieA

Badlands
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, a point of clarification, do you have an existing order/reservation or will you be a brand new walk-in order?

Reason I ask is the order banks are still closed to new walk-in orders. So one of two things is happening, your dealer is taking your build to place in a file and enter at a later time, or, your dealer is hijacking someone elses (presumably "cancelled") order and converting it to your specs.

Back to the topic on hand.

New wheels and tires are going to cost around 3k so that is half the delta right there. You would need to add a cheap spacer lift for a few hundred more to achieve the same look but it is not the right way to go, imho. Squatch coil-over take-offs would be around $1k, and maybe $500 to install if you can't do it yourself. So now you are in it for $4500, missing other Squatch components and not warrantied. There is value in Squatch and if you want it simply for looks and mall crawling who cares.

And no need to listen to the self appointed gate keepers, there are plenty of reasons for the Sasquatch package if you don't off-road, none of which need to be justified here because it is your money.
I wonder if my dealer did the same. He had me come by last month to build it in their system. On the day I was supposed to out the order in and put my deposit down, he couldn't do it, (the system wouldn't let him do it.) I questioned the whole thing. I even called Ford to see if the dealer put in an order on THIER behalf but they wouldn't release that information. I don't have any proof that anything wrong happened and maybe he was just confused but... BTW - does anyone know the link to the good dealers by state? I can't find it on this site anymore.
Sponsored