Sponsored

Dealer said they can't change my order until 2023 banks open?

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E90 M3 6spd Sedan; EG Base Scheduled 3/27
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Placed my order February 2022 with a 2.3l and recently decided to upgrade to the 2.7l seeing as those are coming out nearly as fast anyways. I called my salesperson and they're saying I can't make any changes until the 2023 banks open.

I mentioned my concern that on the very slim chance mine gets scheduled for a 2022 I would want the 2.7l. I know cutoff supposedly already happened, but there's a lot of misinformation out there and I'm not certain that's a fact. Regardless, she said there is no chance of that happening and I'll 100% be a 2023. She can't change my 2022 order and will have to wait for 2023 banks to upgrade my engine choice. Is this correct? No more changes to 2022 orders, even if it doesn't have a VIN and isn't scheduled?

UPDATE: Salesperson called me back with their order manager and say they'll change my order to have the 2.7l. Not sure if this is just lined up for 2023 or if they somehow pulled it off before banks officially open, but that's what I've been told.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
dealers can't make changes or order a 2023 as their ordering system is not yet open.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last day to make changes was several weeks ago. And according to this, scheduling is complete and WBDO is currently "closed."
  • Sept 8 22MY Order scheduling complete
  • Sept 8-18 WBDO closed for 22MY to 23MY order conversion
Although, kudos to your for trying (albeit, to late) it blows my mind on how many posts we have had lately on people wanting to know if they can make changes now that they have a VIN.

EgreenBadSquatch

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last day to make changes was several weeks ago. And according to this, scheduling is complete and WBDO is currently "closed."
Although, kudos to your for trying (albeit, to late) it blows my mind on how many posts we have had lately on people wanting to know if they can make changes now that they have a VIN.
I wonder how many of those were from people trying to skip the line with a low build then change the order to preferred options and not have to wait as long.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's funny, I'm pretty addicted to this forum and yet missed the last day to CHANGE 2022 orders. I kept seeing 2023 order banks being delayed and figured that was the last day to make changes.

Thanks for letting me know!

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder how many of those were from people trying to skip the line with a low build then change the order to preferred options and not have to wait as long.
sure a lot and thats why I think in a few years there be lots of used Broncos for sale .

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm sure people try to do that. I did see a post about someone who *claims* to have successfully added SAS after a VIN was given, but that seems out of the ordinary or outright false

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did see a post about someone who *claims* to have successfully added SAS after a VIN was given, but that seems out of the ordinary or outright false
I and several others are curious to see if that particular change goes through. The posters original order was a non-Squatch BL so only shocks, wheels and flares are needed to complete Squatch. Of course, wheels are the Squatch component that is allegedly constrained, so we will see what happens.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I and several others are curious to see if that particular change goes through. The posters original order was a non-Squatch BL so only shocks, wheels and flares are needed to complete Squatch. Of course, wheels are the Squatch component that is allegedly constrained, so we will see what happens.
I just can't imagine it happening because the VIN is tied to the package being there. He might be able to get Ford to throw those parts on, but to retroactively alter the VIN seems farfetched.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where on my Vin would I find shocks, front axles, and Goat modes?

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm sure people try to do that. I did see a post about someone who *claims* to have successfully added SAS after a VIN was given, but that seems out of the ordinary or outright false
I changed it
I have the screen shots before and after
I guess we can bet some $$ on it

and I hate betting.

OP
OP
ThisGuy611

ThisGuy611

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I changed it
I have the screen shots before and after
I guess we can bet some $$ on it

and I hate betting.
Haha there he is. I'm not saying you're lying, it's just surprising given all the evidence that it shouldn't be possible/allowed. But hey, if it happens good for you, I'd love to be able to order my bronco without constraints and then put them on when the VIN comes in, but the risk is too high.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha there he is. I'm not saying you're lying, it's just surprising given all the evidence that it shouldn't be possible/allowed. But hey, if it happens good for you, I'd love to be able to order my bronco without constraints and then put them on when the VIN comes in, but the risk is too high.
It worked for me.
Window sticker popped today
Build week 10/10
Blend 10/7….. ❤❤❤
Sponsored