Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Find a Jeep owner with a new rubicon and offer to swap tires.
This right here!!!

Trade your Goodyear Territory 35"s for 33" BFG KM3s.

Make him pay for all mount/ dismount and balanceing fees.
+ some cash or trade on the side from his way.
Because 35" GY tires are very expensive.

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like the sasquatch package for the upgraded suspension and front/rear lockers. But I do not want the tires. I am wondering if the dealer would buy the stock 35 tires from me and replace with a smaller size like 32 or 33? I am also not sure how much of a hassle that would be since I would want that stopper taken out of the suspension to keep the 35's from rubbing and I would think the speedometer would need to be recalibrated right away. Not sure if anyone has had any experience with something similar in the past?
You won’t have any trouble selling the 35s and some tire shops will pay you for good take offs. Recalabrating the speeometer should be easily done by your dealer (speedo will be off about 3-4mph going from a true 35 to a 33inch tire). One thing you may want to consider is the gearing, it won’t be a huge change but you will hit your top gears sooner. If you mostly drive around town around 55 and under you won’t be affected much. But if you drive on the interstate much it will be at a higher rpm than with the 35s.
I have this problem on my Jeep Tj and my f250 I geared my Tj 4.88 for 40s, now it’s only 4” lift with 35s and runs about 55 comfortably and first gear is useless. My f250 I geared 4.56 for 38s and now run 35s. It hits overdrive before 45mph, I don’t like running it over 65mph.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Take the stopper out?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sasquatch has 1/2" larger bump stops than standard.

Other than B6G, has that been confirmed by Ford or anyone who has actually seen the two? How about pictures from the rolling frame? Any bump stops on it to compare?

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
Other than B6G, has that been confirmed by Ford? How about pictures from the rolling frame? Any bump stops on it to compare?
You mean other than Ford engineers and a meet-and-greet telling people openly that the Sasquatch bump stops are 1/2" taller???

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You mean other than Ford engineers and a meet-and-greet telling people openly that the Sasquatch bump stops are 1/2" taller???

That's cool if they actually said it. Of course those engineers have given conflicting information about the BL and squatch suspension being the same and different. I'd just like to see a picture of the bump stop myself to know if it really exists.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm with Grangers. If I can't arrange for Albert to swap/buy them, then I will have to look to the marketplace to swap them out. I like the guts of Squatch, but don't care for the 35's.
I'm with you. Still not sure if I want to do a mansquatch or not but if I do I'm ditching the 35s for 33s. Also a grainger buyer!

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's cool if they actually said it. Of course those engineers have given conflicting information about the BL and squatch suspension being the same and different. I'd just like to see a picture of the bump stop myself to know if it really exists.
I'm sure it does.

The BL vs SQ suspension is officially listed as +1.5".
That .5" to clear 2" taller tires has to come from somewhere.

Further, Ford has to comply with Federal CAFE standards.
The easiest way to "cheat" into them with 35" tires, would be to lower the vehicle ride hight to less than optimum. ;)

Sponsored

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure it does.

The easiest way to "cheat" into them with 35" tires, would be to lower the vehicle ride hight to less than optimum. ;)
2inch taller tires only take up 1 more inch in the wheel well... Just sayin'.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure it does.

Yeah, but relying on what we've been told about the suspension by Ford reps hasn't been real helpful.

These were from the same event on the same day:
The rep I talked to about the Sasquatch suspension answered some of this. The springs are stiffer and the shocks are longer, AND there is a small spacer on the front shocks for Sasquatch.
So my question to the Rep was " What is the difference between the BL suspension and the Sasquatch. Its been said that there is a 9mm spacer. Answer No spacer -Stiffer springs and longer shocks accounts for the added height. I followed up by asking if that change accounts for some of the $2500 upcharge-Yes. Take it for what its worth.
Bumpstops aren't the only way to limit upward travel. I'd just like to see a picture of those bumpstops on the BL and the squatch to see if it really is that simple. Lots of rolling frame and chassis pictures but I don't remember any of the bumpstops.

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
2inch taller tires only take up 1 more inch in the wheel well... Just sayin'.
You forgot that the suspension flexes on a pivot.
Specifically, the A-arms.
So the rise needed to gain a linear horizontal measurement, is non-linear. ;)

OP
OP
Phosvitin

Phosvitin

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota matrix and honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You won’t have any trouble selling the 35s and some tire shops will pay you for good take offs. Recalabrating the speeometer should be easily done by your dealer (speedo will be off about 3-4mph going from a true 35 to a 33inch tire). One thing you may want to consider is the gearing, it won’t be a huge change but you will hit your top gears sooner. If you mostly drive around town around 55 and under you won’t be affected much. But if you drive on the interstate much it will be at a higher rpm than with the 35s.
I have this problem on my Jeep Tj and my f250 I geared my Tj 4.88 for 40s, now it’s only 4” lift with 35s and runs about 55 comfortably and first gear is useless. My f250 I geared 4.56 for 38s and now run 35s. It hits overdrive before 45mph, I don’t like running it over 65mph.
Do I have to worry about gearing if I'm getting the manual? For some reason I thought the manual compensated for some of this.
Sponsored