Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that is the CFO for a local dealership in my area. He is claiming that they just got word today that Ford will only be able to fill 50% of their reservations for 2021. He went on to tell me that they are going to be raising prices to reflect this supply/demand conundrum...

My opinion on this is that it is BS and they are hearing inaccurate or incomplete information. Ford produces close to 1,000,000 F-150s each and every year, it is difficult for me to believe they can't produce 150,000 Broncos, especially considering the financial difficulties Ford has faced over the last decade. It seems to me that the last thing Ford would do is squander the opportunity they have in front of them with this product by not doing everything in their power to retool their manufacturing to meet this demand. Thoughts?
Sponsored

ThatOne911Dude

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s inevitable that there will be delays in the manufacturing due to supply chain issues, specifically in 2020/2021 (Thanks a lot Corona). Though it is hard to believe that the number is 50%.
I’m expecting delays, but that many people being pushed into 2022 is a stretch imo.

Sponsored

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think it would be hard for them to raise the MSRP they already put for each trim package, but they can certainly go above and beyond the prices everyone is expecting they'll charge for options and packages.

Regarding delivery they've already stated deliveries will go into 2022...

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t listen to him just yet. I’d wait to hear officially from Ford. In the mean time...

Ford Bronco Dealer saying only 50% of reservations will be filled in 2021 1602791624347

OP
OP
Goodwater33

Goodwater33

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh. Another "my friend" "my dealership" said thread.

Is there an option in this forum to not allow a new thread without providing actual sources??
Gateway Ford in Louisiana -- Does that satisfy your condescending response?

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Gateway Ford in Louisiana -- Does that satisfy your condescending response?
I don't mean to be [too] condescending but there are a ton of posts here of all the things dealers say. Most of them contradict others. I'm not looking for your source (the dealer) I'm looking for the dealer's source. Then the source's source. Basically....I want to hear it from Ford. The big Ford.

I'm not even saying this is a lie, wrong, made up, whatever. I just don't believe much. Same as if a dealer came and posted all Broncos will be delivered in 2021. 75% will be delivered in 2021. Whatever.

You yourself said it's BS.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it would be hard for them to raise the MSRP they already put for each trim package, but they can certainly go above and beyond the prices everyone is expecting they'll charge for options and packages.

Regarding delivery they've already stated deliveries will go into 2022...
Exactly what GM did with C8s. Due to strike, high demand, pandemic informed folks who ordered but hadnt received their vehicle that they would have late delivery and a price hike on options/packages.
https://carbuzz.com/news/2020-chevrolet-corvette-buyers-wont-be-happy-about-this

ScoobyDrew

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Funny. I just put in a reservation earlier today. I immediately got a voicemail from the local Ford dealer and the dipwad saleschild left a message thanking me for my request for information about a Ford Bronco sport and asking me to return the call. I doubt he could have got more wrong if he tried. Given that sort of ineptitude and mixing in Corona (which is causing backlogs/delays in manufacturing everything, even something as simple to make as toilet paper), delays are fully expected on my end. As for pricing increases, I'll take those off-hand comments with a bucket load of salt. If true, Ford is definitely working diligently to lower the demand side of the equation, which doesn't make sense before B&P comes out. This vehicle, while intriguing enough to get me to open my wallet for $100 refundable, will not be better than sliced bread (sorry if that is forum blasphemy) and significant price increases will just make me move on to something else shiny and new.

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think he's confusing the fact that all reservations can't be filled in the 2021 MY and that orders will run into 2022. Which Ford has already told us...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.