Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bottom line any dealer says.... ford says only 50% of orders will be fulfilled
How the hell would they know...
What 100k what 50k

Bottom line they have no fu$kin clue how many reservations turn into orders ...
So stupid to claim to “know” anything til orders are received and processed
Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

sure I can understand that point of view, but Ford is the one who made the rules to allow people two reservations. It doesn't matter to me what people do with one or even two Broncos. My job is to get as many as we can, just like other dealers on this forum have done. When they told us the % for registration penalties, then of course that would factor into every dealership's strategy what to do with those Broncos. If someone decided they just didn't want to convert those orders, then that would be a bad business decision on their part. Again, all this is just my opinion.
I think the reason you don’t understand why everyone on here disagrees with you or gets angry about the things you say is because you have no morals.
It’s not your fault and I don’t hold that against you in any way. It’s like having a disability. It must suck going through life like that. I really do hope the best for you.

PS.
Karma sucks......

Bronco1951

Badlands
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape / 2 door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got off the phone with a buddy of mine that is the CFO for a local dealership in my area. He is claiming that they just got word today that Ford will only be able to fill 50% of their reservations for 2021. He went on to tell me that they are going to be raising prices to reflect this supply/demand conundrum...

My opinion on this is that it is BS and they are hearing inaccurate or incomplete information. Ford produces close to 1,000,000 F-150s each and every year, it is difficult for me to believe they can't produce 150,000 Broncos, especially considering the financial difficulties Ford has faced over the last decade. It seems to me that the last thing Ford would do is squander the opportunity they have in front of them with this product by not doing everything in their power to retool their manufacturing to meet this demand. Thoughts?
Two plants build F-150's. Ranger and Bronco will be built at the same plant . Therefore, Bronco volume per year can't be anywhere near what F-150's are. Approx 600,000 F-150's are sold each year. If you combine in F-250/350/450/550 it might be close to 1,000,000 per year, but you would have to add in a third plant that makes F250/350.450/550's.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think he's confusing the fact that all reservations can't be filled in the 2021 MY and that orders will run into 2022. Which Ford has already told us...
I'm sure there's at least 1 massive thread covering this issue already and we know a lot orders won't be filled well into 2022. I only new wrinkle I see mentioned is possible price increases. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a value to price paid figure in mind. If Bronco goes much above that figure, no need for me to buy. There are plenty of other vehicles that can be had quickly.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Dealer saying only 50% of reservations will be filled in 2021 1602802509216

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think the reason you don’t understand why everyone on here disagrees with you or gets angry about the things you say is because you have no morals.
It’s not your fault and I don’t hold that against you in any way. It’s like having a disability. It must suck going through life like that. I really do hope the best for you.

PS.
Karma sucks......
I don't take offense to anyone's point of view, especially in an internet forum.

All I can say is dealers are all playing the hand Ford dealt us. From getting reservations, to converting reservations, to insuring that as a business, we can get as many as we can. In no way is any practice we're using wrong. Just like dealers offering great deals on this forum isn't wrong. They are playing the reservation game that Ford dealt them because they changed the allocation rules. More power to them. When we heard Ford allowed everyone two reservations per email, we told everyone to reserve two. Then when we heard the penalty, we made a plan to buy them back if people didn't want them. As a business, you adapt to what is given. I'm sorry thats a foreign concept to many here, but it's far from immoral. Again, just my opinion.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't take offense to anyone's point of view, especially in an internet forum.

All I can say is dealers are all playing the hand Ford dealt us. From getting reservations, to converting reservations, to insuring that as a business, we can get as many as we can. In no way is any practice we're using wrong. Just like dealers offering great deals on this forum isn't wrong. They are playing the reservation game that Ford dealt them because they changed the allocation rules. More power to them. When we heard Ford allowed everyone two reservations per email, we told everyone to reserve two. Then when we heard the penalty, we made a plan to buy them back if people didn't want them. As a business, you adapt to what is given. I'm sorry thats a foreign concept to many here, but it's far from immoral. Again, just my opinion.
@Ford @mrlevine Is this really within the rules?

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Traditionally most new year models arrived in August . Given that they plan on shipping the 1st batches out in June they should just sell them as 2022 year model anyway . We're all waiting a year to get our Broncos and then they will immediately be a year old when we drive them off the lot :(
F-150 job #1 is just starting and Ranger job #1 is in December.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Ford @mrlevine Is this really within the rules?
That's cute. I don't know you, but you should know a dealer our size would never operate outside of the law. Both legally and within our dealer agreement with Ford. We would never jeopardize our standing with Ford.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Ford actually stated that they would only fill 50% of the reservations, do you really think they would STILL be taking reservations? C'mon man! They would have pulled the link a long time ago...and guess what, you can still reserve a Bronco right now.
I think we're splitting hairs with this argument. Of course Ford will build all reservations turned into orders. The question is when? With people adding and dropping reservations and still more than 2 months to go until conversion time, plus nobody knows what percentage turn into orders until that actually happens. After all of that happens, there will still be people canceling their orders. I think it's a waste of time worrying about this now. In 6 months, the picture may be a lot clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.