Sponsored

Dealer says changing engine choice drops you to the back of the line? True?

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys, I asked my dealer to change my engine choice (from 2.3 to 2.7) and I was told that this change would drop me to the back of the line. Seems like bs to me but thought I’d see if anyone in the know could verify. Thanks
Sponsored

NonfatWombat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands 4-Door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Correct. Changing the engine changes the body code and resets the date of receipt.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Changing to a 2.7 might delay your build simply due to the availability of the 2.7. I changed from the 2.7 to the 2.3 while my Bronco was in preview status. Four days later my dealer informed me my Bronco was scheduled and with a VIN. A few days later Ford sent an email with the VIN and a new build schedule date that was moved up three weeks. Built on time and delivered seven days later. My experience, order changes do not make you go to the end of the line.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
get the 2.7. It is a beast.

Hey guys, I asked my dealer to change my engine choice (from 2.3 to 2.7) and I was told that this change would drop me to the back of the line. Seems like bs to me but thought I’d see if anyone in the know could verify. Thanks

TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Also would put you in the mid-year price increase.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Correct. Changing the engine changes the body code and resets the date of receipt.
I only see four body codes (two for the 2 door, and two for the 4 door). Is there more? I’m not changing transfer cases so shouldn’t I have the same body code (mine is a base 2 door Sasquatch so its E5C). Maybe I’m missing something?

choppersean

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Sasquatch, 2-door, EG, 2.7, Auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was told that until you had a build date you had all flexibility to change any option .....which I do believe to be true. NOW, moving to a 2.7 may be a more high-demand and constrained option......so moving BACK in line may be a reality. With the bullshit and unclear process of reservation position, dealer allocation, supply chain constraints, etc. who knows what that really means. At this point I am not changing a single thing on my build because who knows what it means and I don't want to create any problems to throw a wrench into the phantom formula that gets our orders built. I am a day 3 reservation holder and have seen friends change components......tow package, soft top, etc. and NOT see any acceleration in their production dates. I want what I want and am going to stick with it. Now, I have a 2.7 ordered.........so if I had selected a 2.3 originally I might be questioning that now. Roll of the dice, man.........roll of the dice!

OP
OP
rsmag9

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was told that until you had a build date you had all flexibility to change any option .....which I do believe to be true. NOW, moving to a 2.7 may be a more high-demand and constrained option......so moving BACK in line may be a reality. With the bullshit and unclear process of reservation position, dealer allocation, supply chain constraints, etc. who knows what that really means. At this point I am not changing a single thing on my build because who knows what it means and I don't want to create any problems to throw a wrench into the phantom formula that gets our orders built. I am a day 3 reservation holder and have seen friends change components......tow package, soft top, etc. and NOT see any acceleration in their production dates. I want what I want and am going to stick with it. Now, I have a 2.7 ordered.........so if I had selected a 2.3 originally I might be questioning that now. Roll of the dice, man.........roll of the dice!
makes sense, I guess we’ll see. This is actually my son’s order (I had a first day reservation and got mine back in October). I have the 2.7 but he was trying to keep his build as budget friendly as possible.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changing the engine won't put you to the back of the line.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Only a body code change will officially reset everything. But the 2.7 is a far more difficult commodity to fulfill right now than the 2.3. That alone will be a delay….

Sponsored

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I changed 2.7 to 2.3 so I could go to 7speed, it did NOT reset my place in line at all, in fact I got my build date a few days after the change

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have the 2.7 but he was trying to keep his build as budget friendly as possible.
Clearly not, as if he is contemplating the 2.7 he also spent a bunch of unnecessary money on the silly automatic transmission. ;)
Sponsored