First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hola All! I've been waiting for the delivery of my Bronco for a couple months.
Recently, my dealer said California has placed an ' EMBARGO' on delivery of
new vehicles from the manufacturer - by RAIL.
I've been told they are being diverted at Salt Lake City/Provo area and routed to Arizona
(they weren't sure whether Tuscon or Phoenix) then offloaded there for truck transport to Mira Loma, CA,
then to my dealership in San Diego County.

I've read what I can find on the interwebs and seems like there was an embargo from June 27th to the end of July.

Has anyone else, south of Los Angeles, specifically in the San Diego County area experienced this?

There is a port in San Diego just sough of the convention center near the Dole receiving center where
I have seen railcars that carry vehicles and Ford vehicles, including Broncos, in the parking lot getting loaded
on car carriers bound for dealerships.

Just curious if anyone has any better details. To this point, all I'm able to do is call the 1-800 number, put in the
letters/numbers of the container and get it's location.
The information is always the location where and when it last Departed, but no Destination mentioned.
Not sure if it's headed down the Hwy 15 corridor towards Vegas or other to Phoenix/Tuscon.
Thanks - SEAHUND
Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, I am in this same situation and was about to post this same issue before I saw your post. My Bronco is held up in Ohio due to the embargo. Had a call with Eric at Kearney Mesa today about it. What I've read is the embargo was extended into August.

OP
OP
Seahund

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, I am in this same situation and was about to post this same issue before I saw your post. My Bronco is held up in Ohio due to the embargo. Had a call with Eric at Kearney Mesa today about it. What I've read is the embargo was extended into August.
Interesting... i just checked the railcar teacher again a couple hours ago and says it departed Body, NV @ 6PM today. Maybe that means it's coming down the Hwy 15 corridor to San Diego. Should know more by this time tomorrow. I think they're beginning to open some auto transport to CA...

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got an emai from Eric today stating that the shipment has "arrived Rail". When i checked on the location it toldme it was in Mira Loma. I am guessing it is sent by convoy from there. I think we are getting close.

OP
OP
Seahund

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got an emai from Eric today stating that the shipment has "arrived Rail". When i checked on the location it toldme it was in Mira Loma. I am guessing it is sent by convoy from there. I think we are getting close.
Stopped in to my dealership and spoke to one of the Sales Managers. I asked if they could speak to the 'embargo' and the fact that I tracked the railcar w/my Bronco in it, into California, and - that last status said "Constructive Placement" on Saturday in Mira Loma. She basically said logistics has been a nightmare and cluster*uck. She also said now the dealership contacts one of their vehicle transport companies to pick it up. What's funny is she said the truck could bypass my dealership in CArlsbad on Hwy 5 and take it another 35 miles south to the "Port' parking lot in San Diego. Or - they could bring it to a parking lot just up the street from the dealership. kwepowqjlajn=q984qpoajsn - what???!!! Anywho - we agreed, conservatively the truck should be at the dealership for a 'same-day PDI' by the end of next week - latest. I hope yours gets to you quicker than mine LOLOL!!!

Sponsored

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like some of you are getting great news! Congrats! I just got a rail update that mine has been "returned to rail" in Illinois and now on UP which is the rail transfer and next stage for shipping west so that is promising that it at least it is moving closer to its final destination.

OP
OP
Seahund

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like some of you are getting great news! Congrats! I just got a rail update that mine has been "returned to rail" in Illinois and now on UP which is the rail transfer and next stage for shipping west so that is promising that it at least it is moving closer to its final destination.
Yep, 8-10 days yours should be pulling in. 👍

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found this little tid-bit when searching on-line.

The Mira Loma facility receives new vehicles from Ford, Chrysler, General Motors, Nissan, and Toyota. And, two types of rail cars transport vehicles to the facility: tri-level, for vehicles 60 inches or lower in height (passenger cars); and bi-level, for vehicles 90 inches or lower (trucks, SUVs, and minivans).

The following steps are what it takes to get a car ready for transport to a dealership.

Step 1: Rail cars containing new vehicles shipped directly from manufacturers arrive at the Mira Loma location.

Step 2: Rail cars are unlocked and opened.

Step 3: Each vehicle is inspected for exterior damage prior to unloading, and VIN number tags are scanned to ensure all of the rail car's vehicles are present. An estimated 99.8 percent of transported vehicles arrive damage free.

Step 4: Bridge plates connecting bi-level railcars are set prior to unloading of vehicles. Each bi-level rail car holds 8-10 trucks, SUVs, and minivans, while each tri-level railcar holds 14-15 passenger cars.

Step 5: Wheel chocks are removed to prepare vehicles for unloading. The chocks clamp onto the wheels so that vehicles remain steady during transport.

Step 6: Vehicles are unloaded from rail cars via rail ramps. With a crew 0f 15, unloading each 90-foot-long rail car can take up to a half-hour.

Step 7: Spotters from both Union Pacific and Alliance Inspection Management (AiM) inspect recently unloaded vehicles for exterior damage. If damage is detected, the tag for the corresponding damaged area is scanned, and the information is sent to the main Union Pacific office.

Step 8: After the vehicles have been inspected, they are loaded onto vehicle transport trucks, which deliver the vehicles to dealerships through California.
Sponsored