Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Banned
My salesman texted me last night about two Broncos the dealership got in. One is what I am assuming is a Velocity Blue 4dr and the other is a Carbonized Grey 2dr MIC Top. He said I could come look at them today but am stuck at work. When I asked him if they would be there tomorrow he was unsure about the 4dr but said the 2dr might be available to rent.

I immediately jumped on that and asked him to keep me posted if more details come up about the rental. Though I do find it odd that with so many people waiting on orders they have one possibly to rent. But if I get a chance to rent it I ain't gonna be mad that's for sure.

Anyways I just thought y'all would find that interesting.

10138[1685].jpeg
Sponsored

Tom Ryan

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford: Hereā€™s some free units, just you canā€™t sell these for 6 months, that way it doesnā€™t look like weā€™re putting fully loaded stock units at dealerships ahead of retail orders when in fact thatā€™s exactly what weā€™re doing.

Dealers: Roger that, and weā€™ll rent these out to the folks with retail orders waiting behind these.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Courtesy Transportation Program, aka, loaner/rental vehicle. We can use as a service loaner, sales can allow customers to demo. or can be used for rental income under the program. We have another loaner program but they came out with this several years ago to let sales have a short term demo vehicle that would stay in the program for a certain time or miles, then allow them to sell with rebates and incentives like a new vehicle. Second, is it allowed Ford to report more sales that really weren't, retail sales but looked good on paper anyway. Like with any new program a handful of dealers figured out how to game the program and got caught so now it's a lot more use restrictive than in the beginning.

OP
OP
TX_Bronco77

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Banned
Ford: Hereā€™s some free units, just you canā€™t sell these for 6 months, that way it doesnā€™t look like weā€™re putting fully loaded stock units at dealerships ahead of retail orders when in fact thatā€™s exactly what weā€™re doing.

Dealers: Roger that, and weā€™ll rent these out to the folks with retail orders waiting behind these.
Makes sense. I guess I'll be one of those suckers with a late order renting one for a day or two just to tide me over until 2022-2023 or whenever mine finally gets built.

XxGearheadxX

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah... not shocked here.... Dealers are crafty and if the program allows it... it's going to happen... puts money in their pocket now... and still allows them to sell it down the line.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My salesman texted me last night about two Broncos the dealership got in. One is what I am assuming is a Velocity Blue 4dr and the other is a Carbonized Grey 2dr MIC Top. He said I could come look at them today but am stuck at work. When I asked him if they would be there tomorrow he was unsure about the 4dr but said the 2dr might be available to rent.

I immediately jumped on that and asked him to keep me posted if more details come up about the rental. Though I do find it odd that with so many people waiting on orders they have one possibly to rent. But if I get a chance to rent it I ain't gonna be mad that's for sure.

Anyways I just thought y'all would find that interesting.

10138[1685].jpeg
Thanks for the heads-up, Travis. I just called them up and signed a long-term rental agreement for this particular vehicle for the next 6 months. This is gonna come in handy for a movie Iā€™m producing for Vin Diesel. Iā€™m flying down to pick it up tomorrow morning. I canā€™t thank you enough for the helpful information. Cheers! šŸŽ„ šŸŽ¬ šŸ˜Ž

j/k, obviously! LOL - Donā€™t advertise stuff like this, if you donā€™t want what I facetiously typed to actually happen.

OP
OP
TX_Bronco77

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

• Banned
Thanks for the heads-up, Travis. I just called them up and signed a long-term rental agreement for this particular vehicle for the next 6 months. This is gonna come in handy for a movie Iā€™m producing for Vin Diesel. Iā€™m flying down to pick it up tomorrow morning. I canā€™t thank you enough for the helpful information. Cheers! šŸŽ„ šŸŽ¬ šŸ˜Ž

j/k, obviously! LOL - Donā€™t advertise stuff like this, if you donā€™t want what I facetiously typed to actually happen.
Glad I could help out and I wish you the best on FF10. :p

BoiseBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Makes sense. I guess I'll be one of those suckers with a late order renting one for a day or two just to tide me over until 2022-2023 or whenever mine finally gets built.
I'd do it in a heartbeat. Have fun with it if it works out!

OP
OP
TX_Bronco77

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'd do it in a heartbeat. Have fun with it if it works out!
Thanks! I was actually supposed to drop my Mustang off up there for new tires and an alignment but can't leave work because of a shelter in place order. Still might try and make it if we get the all clear soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TX_Bronco77

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't they sell it after X amount of miles on it or something? Maybe that's their strategy
Seems like the case based on some of the replies here.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't they sell it after X amount of miles on it or something? Maybe that's their strategy
This was the policy for FCTP sales about 6 months agoā€¦

Ford Bronco Dealer says he has Bronco for rent? 0E8066C9-B423-4A33-9DD8-63D3D5919A46

I heard rumors that the policy terms might change after the Webasto situation unfolded further. I know that Granger is now expecting to receive 1 more demo unit than they initially expected, so maybe some of the terms like the time limit for the required hold before sale were updated?

Maybe @flip can opine?

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm trying to find the info I posted before, but dealers can't sell the vehicle for 7 months ( unlimited miles ) or they face penalties from Ford.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ford Bronco Dealer says he has Bronco for rent? 0E8066C9-B423-4A33-9DD8-63D3D5919A46

I heard rumors that the policy terms might change after the Webasto situation unfolded further. I know that Granger is now expecting to receive 1 more demo unit than they initially expected, so maybe some of the terms like the time limit for the required hold before sale were changed?

Maybe @flip can opine?
Thanks for that. Exactly what I was trying to find and post.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I heard rumors that the policy terms might change after the Webasto situation unfolded further. I know that Granger is now expecting to receive 1 more demo unit than they initially expected, so maybe some of the terms like the time limit for the required hold before sale were updated?

Maybe @flip can opine?
Not heard this. They eased up on Sport since the chip thing hit but I expect them to hold the line on the big Bronco. They are going to allow us to sell any stock we get but have to cancel any open order in WBDO. This is going to be rife for abuse. Buy a stock, keep your order, flip the stock for profit, doesn't relieve Ford of the production load. We haven't decided how to handle "stock" at this point due to the unknowns surrounding production of our retail orders. We aren't going to have them on dealer locator, dealer trade and may not have them on our website. Might not sell them to anyone other than a current reservation holder so we don't cut our own throats.
Sponsored