Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey y’all so my Ford dealer states that he has 40 allocations or so...I’m number 70. He said that he is working with the first 40 to convert their orders and they have till March 19 to do so. Only then will he start “moving down the list.”

Shouldn’t he be converting everyone’s order including my own? Even if it’s past the 40 allocations? That way he can submit them all by March 19 and Ford will determine exactly which 40 get built and sent to the dealership (based on time stamp, configuration, late availability items etc)?

I’m concerned that if he doesn’t convert my order by March 19 then it won’t get converted at all and I won’t know if I get a MY21 or MY22.

Or am I thinking about this wrong?
Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A dealers final, ultimate allocation number is based on his reservations-to-order conversion rate. The more reservations he converts, the higher his allocation. So instead of getting 40, he may get more. If he stops at 40 then chances are he wont even get the 40 when all the math plays out.

If he doesn't convert your reservation by March 19th, then you will definitely not be getting a MY21. Whatever happens, just make sure you know what happens to unconverted reservations. Not sure if anyone knows for sure though a dealer told me today they roll over to MY22.

May be time to switch dealers.

Last edited:

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bad move by the dealer.
Yup, very sad. These clueless small dealers are going to allow the big dealers to steal their MY21 allocations. But maybe good news to those at savvy or large dealerships.

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey y’all so my Ford dealer states that he has 40 allocations or so...I’m number 70. He said that he is working with the first 40 to convert their orders and they have till March 19 to do so. Only then will he start “moving down the list.”

Shouldn’t he be converting everyone’s order including my own? Even if it’s past the 40 allocations? That way he can submit them all by March 19 and Ford will determine exactly which 40 get built and sent to the dealership (based on time stamp, configuration, late availability items etc)?

I’m concerned that if he doesn’t convert my order by March 19 then it won’t get converted at all and I won’t know if I get a MY21 or MY22.

Or am I thinking about this wrong?
Can you change dealers? If so then I wouldn't be giving those guys my money if it were me.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This video speaks volumes about clueless dealers and somewhat puts fault in the Corporate Ford dealers reps. ??‍♀

Jorge specifically stated here in his recent video that other Ford sales people are relying on him for their information.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This video speaks volumes about clueless dealers and somewhat puts fault in the Corporate Ford dealers reps. ??‍♀

Jorge specifically stated here in his recent video that other Ford sales people are relying on him for their information.

That could also be a self inflated ego now.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Used2jeep
What!? lol ?
This is so true. Probably a LEO ♌

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealer email FAQ thread.
Ford Bronco Dealer says he stops converting? B030A3D0-65E6-43DA-9FDF-D77EAF8EC6B2

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't forget that it may finally be time to get out the Sept 19th reservation timestamp date for the 2021 allocation formula. Is the percentage converted out of the allocation numbers initially given (so they just go down the list until they get about 30% converted and then stop) is it a percentage converted of reservations up to that timestamp date? Is it a percentage of all of the reservations by March 19th (with the rest out put on hold until next MY)? From the descriptions of some of the dealers proposed actions, I could make the case that there are dealers operating under each of those separate understandings. I'm not at all sure there is a common understanding between them on what Ford is looking for them to do.

Edit below; from the FAQ posted above while I was typing, it still seems that dealers are acting in what they think it's best for their conversation ratio per their understanding of the formula than in getting orders converted, maybe they think there is no penalty if they let them slide until after March 19th and there is a penalty if they show as cancelled before then? Who knows?

More editing below; assuming the posted FAQs above and below are accurate (and I have no reason to believe otherwise), it seems that the the (now in bold option in my post) is the correct one, thanks Jessica JessD05! It now appears that the OP's dealer is not really concerned about the reservations beyond maxing out their own allocations at this time, they will be concentrating on getting all of those pre 9/19 ones on board before worrying about the ones after.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another thread from a dealer rep
Ford Bronco Dealer says he stops converting? 05F9EEAC-315C-43A8-85F9-0911C509F696

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry your so called dealer is clueless and frankly not very good at his job. How come a bunch of us on this forum who don’t work in the car businesss understand conversion rates determine FINAL allocation numbers. It’s simple- the more conversions the better the allocation number...

Run... find a new dealer...

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tell your dealer to hop onto this forum.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Below- is why everyone looking for MY21 should get their order converted. At this time allocations are NOT assigned to orders.

Trying to understand the process- ( answered by XCR440 below )
1. Is it correct that dealers can enter into WBDO all converted orders that want stay in MY21 ?
2. At conversion, do dealers assign which orders are part of their allocations?
3. If number 2 is correct and in April it's found a build can't done in MY21, does the dealer then pick a replacement build?
Thanks

1. Yes all 21 orders will go into WBDO (hopefully starting tomorrow night)
2. No allocation won't be assigned until scheduling. The estimates are just to give dealers info to start warning customers that they won't be getting 21's.
3. When scheduling starts, it will start with "previews". Allocation for that month is released to the dealer. The following morning a report that says what orders are going to schedule. If they skipped reservations, it will list what options weren't available that caused them to skip. The dealer can then verify with the customer if they want to remove that option. This will happen for roughly 2 weeks, then Ford will assign VINS and then no more changing, the order will be the one that gets the allocation. If its the earliest that made changes or if that one gets skipped and its a later buildable one.

This is where I can see some first day Sasquatches not being built in 21 (if customer won't drop the option), and some August 2.3L Big Bend Softtops getting built despite having many orders ahead of them, but all with options that Ford has ran out of for the month.
Sponsored