First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree that they should definitely be converting as many as possible.
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can a mod please create a "my dealer did/said something weird" master thread please?

Tangent27

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Passat 2013 Road King 1987 BMW e30
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is my conversation with my dealer today. Sigh.

E60C3BED-725D-4C40-A634-5F7353F3AE5F.jpeg

245C4D69-B8C8-4D3C-A0B6-0D606F525DB5.jpeg

3BC1B8C4-94D2-40F6-8FA3-7614A8B6FE70.jpeg

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to stake a beer on the following:

If a dealer has 120 reservations with a timestamp before 9/19/20 and has been told they are estimating 40 allocations for MY21 and only enters 40, then they might only get 12 allocations.

Also, if a dealer enters enough to receive 40 allocations and in May Ford decides one cannot be built due to parts/commodities, then the next converted reservation at that dealership that CAN be built will be built for MY21.

As far as dealers assuming they can game the system like normal and move their employees' dealer stock orders into the allocations ahead of others... well, I'd like to believe Ford and that won't be under their control, but today's the day, right?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey y’all so my Ford dealer states that he has 40 allocations or so...I’m number 70. He said that he is working with the first 40 to convert their orders and they have till March 19 to do so. Only then will he start “moving down the list.”

Shouldn’t he be converting everyone’s order including my own? Even if it’s past the 40 allocations? That way he can submit them all by March 19 and Ford will determine exactly which 40 get built and sent to the dealership (based on time stamp, configuration, late availability items etc)?

I’m concerned that if he doesn’t convert my order by March 19 then it won’t get converted at all and I won’t know if I get a MY21 or MY22.

Or am I thinking about this wrong?
I have spoken to about ten dealers in the last week and to a Ford rep. My wife and I have 3 reservations at 3 different dealers.

FIRST: If your dealer does not convert your reservation to an order by March 19, you will NOT get a MY21. If they convert within the 1/19 - 3/19 window, you may get a MY21 depending on final allocation and commodities. Tell your dealer you ABSOLUTELY want your order entered UNLESS you prefer a MY22, in which case you should not convert yet.

SECOND: Every dealer's allocations WILL change based upon how many pre Sept 18 reservations convert. Allocations for most probably won't change much, but will change.

THIRD: Dealers that don't want to convert ALL their pre Sept 18 reservations for customers who want MY21 are not understanding something. If they refuse to convert, that is a problem and I recommend you call Ford customer service directly and ask them what to do. Good dealers will definitely convert.

FOURTH: Some dealers are saying they will not accept new reservations or accept a reservation moved from another dealer. The dealer actually has no control over this process according to a few good dealers I spoke with.

Everything you wrote seems true and your concerns are justified.
Sponsored