Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have zero doubt that they'll eventually be offered at the Ford parts counter. The big question is when? If they have a backlog of those willing to wait plus new orders coming in how long will it take for them to get ahead enough to offer them aftermarket? And how much more will they tack on for freight to get it to your dealer plus possibly an additional charge for paint?

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just got off the phone with my local sales rep, and here’s what I was told (now this was from a sales rep so I know they’re just trying to keep me on the hook, but for what it’s worth):

I was assured that when I sit down to order, it will be line item by line item, in a much more detailed format than Build & Price. I wanted to avoid an ordering process where I just went in to click through B&P with some sales rep. I was told that I should know exactly what I’m getting and should have the typical “free range” of any custom build like other Ford models. I am hoping this means that I can say, “okay I want badlands, with gloss black rims, gloss black grille and mirror cap package, with dual hardtops (soft top for time being), and body color painted door handles (if I’m lucky)”, and they may be able to accommodate. We will see.

I was also told no dealer markups unlike other local dealerships, and that per a meeting this morning, the new deposit should be “more like $1,000” and not like a percentage of down payment.

Hope this answers some unknowns for you guys.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe we are all overthinking this. Or at least I am. This doesnt sound TERRIBLE...

Lux 2.7L OBX w leather = $50.625 after destination. Day 1 ressie. Get the soft top included in the price, and forego cost of $695+$495 for sound deadending MIC top. Use the soft top from August through the Fall. Get the black mod top towards the end of 2020 when the winter starts kicking in... Even if it's $3k w sound deadening and shipping, I think im okay with that. $53.6K after destination for a dual top. Not bad, given the content im getting. I dont really care for a dual top, but who knows, maybe ill like it. I just hope it will fit throgh a door when folded. I dont have a garage, so it would need to go in the basement or attic.

I dont like the idea of being vunerable with a soft top only and at Ford's mercy to not only start producing mod tops, but to produce enough that they could start selling extras to guys like myself. If there were a way to pre-order during purchase I think i would actually prefer that, since im more concerned about the delays and lack of control of the situation.

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe we are all overthinking this. Or at least I am. This doesnt sound TERRIBLE...

Lux 2.7L OBX w leather = $50.625 after destination. Day 1 ressie. Get the soft top included in the price, and forego cost of $695+$495 for sound deadending MIC top. Use the soft top from August through the Fall. Get the black mod top towards the end of 2020. Even if it's $3k w sound deadening and shipping, I think im okay with that. $53.6K after destination for a dual top. Not bad, given the content im getting. I dont really care for a dual top, but who knows, maybe ill like it. I just hope it will fit throgh a door when folded. I dont have a garage, so it would need to go in the basement or attic.
wait, am I using the term dual tops wrong? I meant dual tops as in they give me a soft top and a modular top.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
wait, am I using the term dual tops wrong? I meant dual tops as in they give me a soft top and a modular top.
No that's right. I am saying "a dual top" which could be misleading. I should have said "dual tops"

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No that's right. I am saying, in the end, i would have a dual top. Just not a dual top at initial delivery.
okay, gotcha. Yea, I agree like you said that I’d like Ford to know at the time of buying (with my reservation time stamp) that I want the mod top as they come out.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty sure the modular hard top will be backordered as a service part for a while.
I would THINK that it would. But the email does say late availability in 2021, and white tops in 2022. So if they could have the black top out before 12/31/20, that shouldnt be terrible. Maybe a couple cold months with a soft top, but no snow (at least in my area).

Krane

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the difference between the MIC and modular besides color. Not sure how i don't know this by now but i don't for some reason.

Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ford absolutely should sell, ship, install and warranty the Modular painted top for $1895 but they won't and have already said that the cost will be more when available.

Getting more and more F'd by Ford on the First Edition everyday. This shouldn't be so hard but maybe that's their plan so reservation holders cancel giving it to the dealers for lot stock at mark ups.

15DC26D8-39BA-45E1-9CCD-93DFAB718C48.jpeg

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is my biggest concern with the painted tops and why I think people are completely underestimating the MIC top. The black painted tops will scratch easily. If you're going to be like me you'll be removing your tops almost on a weekly basis and they will be tossed around, placed in the rear, etc. Anyone who's pulled a black painted modular roof off a jeep can attest to that. The molded in color should be gray all the way through so repeated abuse will be far less noticeable, at least in my opinion anyway. I don't hate the gray color and it will match the grill on the Badlands series so I think it will all look good.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is the difference between the MIC and modular besides color. Not sure how i don't know this by now but i don't for some reason.
Like you, I'm totally confused and I've read all the top threads and looked at all the pics. I THINK that the MIC top still has removable roof panels, but the front is one piece instead of two for the Mod. The only other diff seems to be the rear quarter windows don't open....that's a bummer to me.

Krane

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like you, I'm totally confused and I've read all the top threads and looked at all the pics. I THINK that the MIC top still has removable roof panels, but the front is one piece instead of two for the Mod. The only other diff seems to be the rear quarter windows don't open....that's a bummer to me.
Ok so the difference is grey is 3 pieces vs black and like 5-6? Ok that's kinda what i thought but never really got a confirmation.

Last edited: