OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the difference between the MIC and modular besides color. Not sure how i don't know this by now but i don't for some reason.
modular in the 2 door has a "machinegunner hatch" and pop out windows

not sure about the 4 door

also its heavier
Sponsored

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford absolutely should sell, ship, install and warranty the Modular painted top for $1895 but they won't and have already said that the cost will be more when available.

Getting more and more F'd by Ford on the First Edition everyday. This shouldn't be so hard but maybe that's their plan so reservation holders cancel giving it to the dealers for lot stock at mark ups.

15DC26D8-39BA-45E1-9CCD-93DFAB718C48.jpeg
ford is doing nothing wrong here. They had no fucking clue that the white top would have as much demand as it did.

Shipping a giant top is going to be way more expensive than putting it on a car

dont be mad at stuff that is just normal

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully they will allow soft top on the 4-door Wildtrak (not an option in B&P now). That would be just about perfect for me because I planned to get the dual top option anyway.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

we will all roll around with a soft top until the modular top gets here.

THIS! Please let us purchase dual tops and deliver with soft top. I’ll wait for the modular top to be delivered at my dealer later.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly if you are worried about one thing , the grill , dont be

out of ALL the parts on the bronco that are absolutely going to be switched out. Its going to be the grill

One of the interviews said that its a single piece pop out grill which means that its absolutely going to be one of the most aftermarket parts

Im absolutely going to wait for a chrome grill and i WILL have it
Yes I bet the grill will be a fairly easy swappable item, at least for any owner who is reasonably handy.

Also I'd encourage people to play around with vinyl wraps. My teen son for fun, bought a $10 roll of carbon fiber style wrap, and applied to some dash pieces on our BRZ. His first attempt using wrap but turned out decent.

Seems better than paint for some uses, and you can fairly easily go back to stock, or switch to some other color/pattern.

Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) DashWrap_01

Sponsored

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

THIS! Please let us purchase dual tops and deliver with soft top. I’ll wait for the modular top to be delivered at my dealer later.
In my head, anyone who wants to be able to easily cruise around without the top and doors, will need a soft top to go with their modular top. You can’t store the entire modular top on board like you can the doors, so if I’m unsure of how I want to cruise that day, I’ll throw the soft top on so that I can store the doors in the bed and stow away the soft top with it. Or if I’m going topless and doorless and it starts raining, I can throw on the soft top.

Also, loving that mesh Bimini top and will for sure be getting that to keep on board somewhere.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wait, am I using the term dual tops wrong? I meant dual tops as in they give me a soft top and a modular top.
I think of it would have come out as planned, the soft top is standard on the 4 door, but if you order the MIC or could have ordered the Modular painted top, then you're not getting the soft top. Therefore the hard tops should be a little less than buying later on since you forgo the soft top... Just my interpretation. Like when you add different tires, bumper, engine, etc...

rlwoody

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Suburban, Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ok so the difference is grey is 3 pieces vs black and like 5-6? Ok that's kinda what i thought but never really got a confirmation.
Does that mean MIC cannot be stored in the back when removed?

Sponsored

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The aftermarket industry has GOT to be hungry for new Bronco buyers and their cash.
I would assume tops (hard, soft and bikini), grills, bumpers are in RnD NOW in alot of big name companies and products to follow shortly after deliveries start...keep your panties on peeps.

"Great trucks are built, not bought"...

Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) 1603471205725

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe we are all overthinking this. Or at least I am. This doesnt sound TERRIBLE...

Lux 2.7L OBX w leather = $50.625 after destination. Day 1 ressie. Get the soft top included in the price, and forego cost of $695+$495 for sound deadending MIC top. Use the soft top from August through the Fall. Get the black mod top towards the end of 2020 when the winter starts kicking in... Even if it's $3k w sound deadening and shipping, I think im okay with that. $53.6K after destination for a dual top. Not bad, given the content im getting. I dont really care for a dual top, but who knows, maybe ill like it. I just hope it will fit throgh a door when folded. I dont have a garage, so it would need to go in the basement or attic.

I dont like the idea of being vunerable with a soft top only and at Ford's mercy to not only start producing mod tops, but to produce enough that they could start selling extras to guys like myself. If there were a way to pre-order during purchase I think i would actually prefer that, since im more concerned about the delays and lack of control of the situation.

I think its going to be more than $3k for a modular black painted hard top.

Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) 1603471148502

Molded hard top in carbonized grey and fabric soft top was a $3.7K option in the survey. So far, all the prices in B&P that I have seen have been spot on with the survey. The Fabric top is already in the price of the 4-Door so what it really means is that the Molded Hard Top in carbonized grey is a $3,700 option.

If we really want to get fancy in the math department, Molded Hard Top was $700, Painted Modular Hard Top was $1,900. Thats a $1.2K difference so I would expect the Painted Hard Top is going to cost $4.9K from the dealer.

On the positive side, if you're going Lux, the sound dampening should be in the High Package. I just think the B&P tool doesn't recognize that if you select it as an option.

Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) 1603471631670

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is great news as I am timing a new car since my current one is on it's last wheel.

However, from that email, how can your Sales Manager for the Bronco take the day off B&P is released for the very vehicle you're overseeing lol ...