jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think its going to be more than $3k for a modular black painted hard top.

1603471148502.png

Molded hard top in carbonized grey and fabric soft top was a $3.7K option in the survey. So far, all the prices in B&P that I have seen have been spot on with the survey. The Fabric top is already in the price of the 4-Door so what it really means is that the Molded Hard Top in carbonized grey is a $3,700 option.

If we really want to get fancy in the math department, Molded Hard Top was $700, Painted Modular Hard Top was $1,900. Thats a $1.2K difference so I would expect the Painted Hard Top is going to cost $4.9K from the dealer.

On the positive side, if you're going Lux, the sound dampening should be in the High Package. I just think the B&P tool doesn't recognize that if you select it as an option.

1603471631670.png
I was simply going off the email saying the Wildtrak and FE were deducted 1895 for the lack of mod top. That’s consistent with the survey.

the OBX base price includes the cost of a soft top. But I hear you, if we ordered an OBX with a hard top it would be 1895 and we wouldn’t get a soft top. So it’s as if we are getting the soft top for free. One could argue the whole sale price of the mod top is the cost of the soft top PLUS 1895.

but given what they are doing to the Wildtrak and FE guys I would hope the same would go for the other trims. And ford would charge us 1895 plus freight fees. Due to the debacle you get the standard top free then pay the 1895....so 1895 plus shipping and sound deadening is how I arrived at 3k
Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does that mean MIC cannot be stored in the back when removed?
In a 4-door, you can store the front two pieces, just not the end cap. For me, I'm thinking about forgoing the soft top for now, knowing I can bring along the pieces that will protect the passengers from rain and just let it rain in the back since it's washout anyway. Any cargo can just be moved up to the back seat if I don't want it getting wet.

Chris

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Exactly why some of us want it delivered with a soft top while we wait for later delivery of the modular top.
Generally speaking - you want to buy with the hardtop. Aftermarket hardtops are rarely as good as OEM. And buying an OEM hardtop can be costly later. Also soft tops are typically offered aftermarket, and in some cases better than OEM designs. For those reasons, I was happy to find the hardtop as standard on the 2 door, instead of having to pay extra. Betting some 2 door soft tops will be available in a reasonable time after vehicles begin sales.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they should give us a voucher to purchase the MOD top at the build price and not the Ford Parts Counter price later on. It is going to be so spendy later. I bet its close to $3500 instead of the $1895.
Bingo. They discount the MSRP what the COST of the top was - not what the retail of that top is going to be. $3500 I think is being conservative for what it will cost - especially if you want it to be painted.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don’t get it. Soft top all day until mods come out.

THEY CANT MAKE ALL US GET THIS GREY MIC TOP!

I wish they would kick in the soft top and just charge the upgrade option price for people willing to wait, but based on the survey, I estimate they price the soft top at $3k so thats too big of a hit.

Meanwhile aftermarket jeep soft tops from bestop are $2k.

Sponsored

BreakingBadlands

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish they would kick in the soft top and just charge the upgrade option price for people willing to wait, but based on the survey, I estimate they price the soft top at $3k so thats too big of a hit.

Meanwhile aftermarket jeep soft tops from bestop are $2k.
Agreed. I mean think about it... they told us we can have dual tops for a certain amount. Just charge us that amount at the time of buying and let us take the mod top when available according to time stamp. Maybe waive the freight and shipping of the top since it was their promise that wasn’t kept.

Seems simple to me, but that’s none of my business...

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Just got word back from my dealer on honoring the $1,895 price.

Received the exact same text as in the OP. This seems to be a canned Ford response given to dealers.

Nice that they anticipated this question being a hot one to supply a uniform answer to customers. And I'm fortunate enough to not need delivery before the end of 2021 so it's reasonable to make the order in January knowing there will be a delay, then change roof/body colors to whatever I want at the time after seeing Cactus Gray in person.

Not a terrible plan!

Simon629

Badlands
First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is music to my ears because I was really hoping I could just buy the colored top from the parts department so I don’t have to spend money wrapping the top that I do get.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how hard do you think it will be to remove the soft top once the modular ships? like take it off the car?

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The aftermarket industry has GOT to be hungry for new Bronco buyers and their cash.
I would assume tops (hard, soft and bikini), grills, bumpers are in RnD NOW in alot of big name companies and products to follow shortly after deliveries start...keep your panties on peeps.

"Great trucks are built, not bought"...

1603471205725.png

This 100%. If i cannot get the modular top with pop out windows when I order, I will go aftermarket. I am sure after market will be better anyway.

Sponsored

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So my question is how late is late? I mean are we talking a couple months or a year or what? That makes a difference.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This sort of info was posted in one of the mega threads last night.....be nice if it plays out that modular and white happen as 'planned'........but given what we've seen, not sure I can count on Ford making that happen for me to hold off and order a late availability top or wait longer for a white one

Can't imagine them cutting anyone a deal to ship 1,000s of 3 and 4 piece hardtops across the country either

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ford is doing nothing wrong here. They had no fucking clue that the white top would have as much demand as it did.
If they didn't then the are completely stupid. A white top IS Bronco. The most defining parts on an early bronco are the front fender peak lines and a white top. For them not to have a white top day one even over the MIC was a huge mistake. White painted top should have been absolute standard and everything else an option. I don't mind other choices but they should have been just that, options.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they didn't then the are completely stupid. A white top IS Bronco. The most defining parts on an early bronco are the front fender peak lines and a white top. For them not to have a white top day one even over the MIC was a huge mistake. White painted top should have been absolute standard and everything else an option. I don't mind other choices but they should have been just that, options.
I agree that its stupid but they were competing with jeep. They are bean counters. Jeep has never offered a white top

like i said. From our perspective it makes sense. From a corporate research perspective it doesnt and is a huge risk

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. People have been clamoring for a white top since before the reveal. And Ford says they "are listening"? Also, one of the first rigs they showed was the CG 4 door with white roof and other bits. So I don't buy the argument they had no effing clue. But based on the fustercluck so far, perhaps they are clueless after all.
Sponsored