2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how hard do you think it will be to remove the soft top once the modular ships? like take it off the car?
once folded back in my jeep it takes me 30 seconds to remove the soft top and frame from my wrangler.
Sponsored

RockSkipper

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150 Crew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This 100%. If i cannot get the modular top with pop out windows when I order, I will go aftermarket. I am sure after market will be better anyway.
And cheaper :cool:

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think weā€™re all overthinking it. Itā€™s Webasto that dropped the ball. And it probably cost them a huge penalty by not making their deadline. Ford is probably more furious with them than we are. Maybe these extra funds are whatā€™s allowing ford to give redemptions on Wildtrak and FE holders that basically get a free MIC top in the process. Hopefully that trickles down to other trims by charging us 1900 plus whatever and getting the soft top basically for free.

I bet webasto may be close to losing money on this job.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just got off the phone with my local sales rep, and hereā€™s what I was told (now this was from a sales rep so I know theyā€™re just trying to keep me on the hook, but for what itā€™s worth):

I was assured that when I sit down to order, it will be line item by line item, in a much more detailed format than Build & Price. I wanted to avoid an ordering process where I just went in to click through B&P with some sales rep. I was told that I should know exactly what Iā€™m getting and should have the typical ā€œfree rangeā€ of any custom build like other Ford models. I am hoping this means that I can say, ā€œokay I want badlands, with gloss black rims, gloss black grille and mirror cap package, with dual hardtops (soft top for time being), and body color painted door handles (if Iā€™m lucky)ā€, and they may be able to accommodate. We will see.

I was also told no dealer markups unlike other local dealerships, and that per a meeting this morning, the new deposit should be ā€œmore like $1,000ā€ and not like a percentage of down payment.

Hope this answers some unknowns for you guys.
They are going to hold $1K of your money in a non-escrow account for a vehicle you might not get for a year after ordering? Pass.

Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A white top as add on after sale accessory? What would we do with the old and why not get the one we want from factory? Another top will most likely cost close to $3000 or more.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
lol just realized im getting a 2 door and cant get one

oh well
that's even more ridiculous. Either way then, if I were you Id hold out for Bestop to bring their tops to the market.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless I missed something is there even an option to get the MIC top and soft top combo? Not sure which I want to do yet but would seem like a big oversight as the wrangler offers that even if it isnt a popular option.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
that's even more ridiculous. Either way then, if I were you Id hold out for Bestop to bring their tops to the market.
whats bestop? what is the benefits over OEM?

With jeep apparently the tops leaked but with that be the case with bronco? who knows

StyleGuy

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE, Jaguar F-Pace, GMC Denali XL
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On a Jeep Wrangler you have to order a factory hardtop to get the rear wiper switches up front. They can be retrofitted though. I don't think anyone knows if a soft top bronco will have rear wiper switches factory installed.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

With jeep apparently the tops leaked but with that be the case with bronco? who knows
Bestop is the aftermarket goto brand for Jeep. I have 3 of their different variant tops and they've been great for 6yrs. They're also local to me but they're pretty much the 1 source for wrangler owners for all variations of tops.

OP
OP

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bestop is the aftermarket goto brand for Jeep. I have 3 of their different variant tops and they've been great for 6yrs. They're also local to me but they're pretty much the 1 source for wrangler owners for all variations of tops.
so what makes them so much better?

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bestop is the manufacturer of Jeep's soft tops. They also sell unique after market versions that many Jeep owners prefer over the stock - for example one popular model is in a fastback style instead of the OEM square version.

MrNickNifty

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2 door should be offered with the soft top to make up for this screw up. Iā€™d love to have a soft top and a mid top to swap between the two. Instead if I want the mod top later I have to find a buyer for the MIC (which will be a pain since everyone with a bronco will already have one) or find storage for an extra top which I really donā€™t have room for.

Sure would be nice if they said how late ā€œlate availabilityā€ was so I could determine if it was worth just waiting for. I didnā€™t even see the mod top option on B&P so I donā€™t know how it would work to order it with that option and take later delivery.

Very crappy week to be a Bronco enthusiast. Was pumped to get a FE but after all the bad news this week followed by a very underwhelming B&P (seriously why did that take so long to come out? Hardly any of the ā€œ200 accessoriesā€ and all sorts of discrepancies. I guess when theycalled them rock stars they meant they were high out of their minds). Now Iā€™m debating if itā€™s even worth getting one this year or just holding off and seeing whatā€™s in store for 2022. May need to take up Graingers Oct offer...

pandanoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 250, MBZ, 2500 Dodge
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would THINK that it would. But the email does say late availability in 2021, and white tops in 2022. So if they could have the black top out before 12/31/20, that shouldnt be terrible. Maybe a couple cold months with a soft top, but no snow (at least in my area).
No
Bingo. They discount the MSRP what the COST of the top was - not what the retail of that top is going to be. $3500 I think is being conservative for what it will cost - especially if you want it to be painted.
Badlands, $53,000 dollars and don't get the color combo I want?? Iconic Silver/White Top What's up with that???!!!
Sponsored