First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The rear side windows are not removable on the MIC top. The entire rear shell is removable as one piece. The modular top is the only hard top that has removable rear side windows. "modular"

Everyone wouldn't be so upset if the MIC top was also modular.
That's not true about the windows. The mic is the one that can take out the windows there is a video of the Ford rep doing it and saying it is only available on the mic.
Sponsored

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes I bet the grill will be a fairly easy swappable item, at least for any owner who is reasonably handy.

The problem is this is the kind of trash people will make for it:

Ford Bronco Dealer says Modular Painted Top can be ordered as service part aftersales (in future) 1603480513925

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You cannot remove the windows in the MIC top, only available to the mod top.

Then they should stop parading around the unicorns like they have been. No white tops, no mod tops, no donut doors, no 37ā€ tires, none of the interiors (all white or black/brown). People are pissed because Ford has been showing glorified prototypes and passing them off as what you can get and they have right to be miffed about that. Get off your high horse.
About 3 minutes in he calls this one the painted hard top and says you can remove the glass.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's not true about the windows. The mic is the one that can take out the windows there is a video of the Ford rep doing it and saying it is only available on the mic.
100% on the modular top, not MIC top.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About 3 minutes in he calls this one the painted hard top and says you can remove the glass.
POINT OF CLARIFICATION

These are the differences between the MIC and Modular tops.

Construction & Finish:

1. ā€œMICā€ (stands for ā€œMolded in Colorā€). The outer shell is a textured thermoplastic sheet, which is colored grey all the way through so it wont easily show scratches. It weighs the least of the two.

2. ā€œModular.ā€ The outer shell is a thicker SMC sheet which is smooth and painted. Itā€™s heavier. Itā€™s presumed to be quieter. Comes painted black. Also comes in white for MY22. (Also potentially body color matched on certain trims.)

Removable pieces:

Both the MIC and Modular tops have two removable panels over the front seats, and the removable clam shell over the cargo area. The 4-door, because of the extra vehicle length, also has a full width removable panel over the back seats. MIC and Modular are identical in these regards.

The Modular top includes ADDITIONAL removable pieces. Both the 2 and 4-door have removable rear side windows on the clamshell, and the 2-door also gets the ā€œgunner hatchā€ over the rear seats.

Total number of component pieces:

2-Door
MIC: 3
Modular: 6

4-door
MIC: 4
Modular: 6

(Special thanks to @BroncoGuy for the construction and materials info.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's a video taking out the windows on the Outer Banks fishing setup with the black top.

jntaylor1701

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's good to know, would be even better if it came prep'ed for painting custom color.

Its the modular top or bust. The captain wants his removable rear quarter windows.

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
STOP THE MISINFORMATION

There are two tops:

1. MIC (Molded in color). The material it is made out of is colored, so it resists scratching. Itā€™s textured. Itā€™s grey.

2. Modular. It is painted. Itā€™s smooth. Comes in black. Also comes in white for MY22. (Also body color matched for certain trims.)

Both types of tops have two removable panels over the front seats, and the removable clam shell over the cargo area. The 4-door has the additional removable panel over the back seats.

The Modular top ADDS removable rear side windows to both 2 and 4 doors, and the ā€œgunner hatchā€ over the rear seats of the 2-door.

The video you posted is the MODULAR TOP. Not the MIC top.
Ok perfect... Thank you! This is the first time I have seen it explained so well!

Well now count me in as behind annoyed. Lol

The grey one of ugly.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As StyleGuy said, only the yet to be released modular top has the removable rear windows.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think they should give us a voucher to purchase the MOD top at the build price and not the Ford Parts Counter price later on. It is going to be so spendy later. I bet its close to $3500 instead of the $1895.
Deliveries aren't expected to start until at least June. Will it really take Webasto 9 months to have tops available? People seem to feel 21 production will wrap up by end of 21 calendar year, so that doesn't leave a lot of time.

Sponsored

Wolfsburg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford F-150, 1968 Ford Mustang California Special, 1969 Ford Mustang coupe, 1963 Volkswagen Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome news!

SasquashJP

Badlands
First Name
John-Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m all in for this, IF they give us the option for the gloss black grille and side mirror caps that the modular was supposed to come with.

FORD, give us the gloss grille and mirror caps, and we will all roll around with a soft top until the modular top gets here.
But will they tax us because we have to wait. They said the option to keep the soft top was gonna cost us more money which is ridiculous because the delay as long as we place the order we as reservation holders should get that

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

White tops on the new ones just don't look good.
At first I was all "where the heck is the white top?" now...I'm with you. I don't think it translates well to the modern Bronco and think that, on some colours, the MIC actually looks better than white or black would.

I bet Ford likely knows that the "regular" foik won't buy as many white tops.

It's too bad the white top isn't available. I'd be curious to see how many Broncos would be sold with body colour vs black vs white.

Gooner

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the modular top, but lately I've been leaning towards the idea of having a MIC color matched with Line-x :unsure:
Sponsored