Sponsored

CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
**UPDATE - just hung up with the dealer. It was damaged badly enough (B pillar damage) that Ford isn't confident they should sell it. I'm paraphrasing there. Dealer has given me a few options including trying to dig deeper and see if it's salvageable and can be repaired or place a new order for a 2022 that will be moved up int he production cycle and be here in the next 60-90 days. I believe I'll be going that route. Taking delivery of a 2021 in 2022 already rubbed me the wrong way. Plus now I can make some changes to the build too.

Thanks everyone for all your help and feedback. In hindsight I should have given the dealer some more time to get me answers before posting.**

--

Would be grateful for any insight the forum can provide. So - my blend date was 8/31 and FINALLY I get my built email on 12/25 with arrival at the dealer between 1/9 and 1/15. On 1/7 my dealer shows a status of "derailed" on their end. The whole week passes with no news so Friday I call the dealer and my salesman is out and I end up speaking with one of the dealer principals. Before I can tell him my story he says he already knows who I am and they have been trying to locate my Bronco for a couple days. They can no longer find it in their system etc. He explains that in 25+ years he's never had a vehicle go missing like this and he's waiting for a call back from the regional Ford rep. Furthermore the fact that they aren't getting back to him means they likely don't know where it is either. So they are going to get back up with me Monday or Tuesday with some kind of an update but they feel the fact that it can't be located means it's likely not coming. He said if it had been damaged, or stolen or anything like that they would normally notify him in short order. But in this case it's radio silent.

Now here is the twist - tonight I logged into my ford account and when you scroll down to the part where it lists recalls, etc - the warranty section says the warranty went into effect 1/4/22?? How is this possible? Now for additional information - the ford tracking links haven't been working for a while. I don't think my dealer is feeding me BS - he really sounded like he was pissed and thoroughly annoyed with Ford.

So - does anyone have any insight into a scenario like this? Did @Ford Motor Company sell my Bronco to someone else? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you thinking destroyed in transit or something like that?

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you thinking destroyed in transit or something like that?
That's what I asked the dealer and he said if that had happened he likely would have heard fairly quick. But that's also why he wanted to follow up on Monday / Tuesday. This was roughly 4:00 on Friday and my guess is he wasn't expecting much more in terms of answers till Monday.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Seems a VIN search would turn it up if sold at another dealership.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems a VIN search would turn it up if sold at another dealership.
One would think. That's a conversation I'll have with the dealer tomorrow as well.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
One would think. That's a conversation I'll have with the dealer tomorrow as well.
Your dealer should be able to find the rail car info if it was loaded on one. Then they can call the rail service and get information. The warranty being active would concern me. I’m pretty sure that only happens once the vehicle is sold and the dealer has to register it. If you want to throw $40 away run a carfax and see if it was reported sold. Unless a very kind dealer on here with an unlimited plan would run it for you.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sucks. Sorry to hear about that. What a fiasco.

Did they at least give you options? A demo? Something…

3843d1445555e73441bfe24980bb3dd2e97745e7&rid=giphy.gif

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol ive never owned a Ford. I thought OnStar was in every vehicle
No worries - Each company seems to have their own system. I typically refer to them all as OnStar too :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sucks. Sorry to hear about that. What a fiasco.

Did they at least give you options? A demo? Something…

Ford Bronco CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF 3843d1445555e73441bfe24980bb3dd2e97745e7&rid=giphy
TBD - I don't think we're that far along yet.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be grateful for any insight the forum can provide. So - my blend date was 8/31 and FINALLY I get my built email on 12/25 with arrival at the dealer between 1/9 and 1/15. On 1/7 my dealer shows a status of "derailed" on their end. The whole week passes with no news so Friday I call the dealer and my salesman is out and I end up speaking with one of the dealer principals. Before I can tell him my story he says he already knows who I am and they have been trying to locate my Bronco for a couple days. They can no longer find it in their system etc. He explains that in 25+ years he's never had a vehicle go missing like this and he's waiting for a call back from the regional Ford rep. Furthermore the fact that they aren't getting back to him means they likely don't know where it is either. So they are going to get back up with me Monday or Tuesday with some kind of an update but they feel the fact that it can't be located means it's likely not coming. He said if it had been damaged, or stolen or anything like that they would normally notify him in short order. But in this case it's radio silent.

Now here is the twist - tonight I logged into my ford account and when you scroll down to the part where it lists recalls, etc - the warranty section says the warranty went into effect 1/4/22?? How is this possible? Now for additional information - the ford tracking links haven't been working for a while. I don't think my dealer is feeding me BS - he really sounded like he was pissed and thoroughly annoyed with Ford.

So - does anyone have any insight into a scenario like this? Did @Ford Motor Company sell my Bronco to someone else? Thanks in advance.
This is the recurring nightmare of everyone who hasn't taken delivery of their Bronco. 😱

I really hope this works out for you - soon.

... and if someone did sell it out from underneath you... I hope to see it on youtube when the karma bus rolls up.

Last edited:

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This really sucks and I am in your group time for me delivery as well. Keep us updated.
Sponsored