Sponsored

CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF

Merbronc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT viper GTS/Cadillac Escalade/Audi A6
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry OP I feel for you. Iā€™m not discounting your trust in your dealer. However after reading your story- all I can think is the dealer sold it- until proven otherwise.
Best of luck, hope you get it soon!

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would be grateful for any insight the forum can provide. So - my blend date was 8/31 and FINALLY I get my built email on 12/25 with arrival at the dealer between 1/9 and 1/15. On 1/7 my dealer shows a status of "derailed" on their end. The whole week passes with no news so Friday I call the dealer and my salesman is out and I end up speaking with one of the dealer principals. Before I can tell him my story he says he already knows who I am and they have been trying to locate my Bronco for a couple days. They can no longer find it in their system etc. He explains that in 25+ years he's never had a vehicle go missing like this and he's waiting for a call back from the regional Ford rep. Furthermore the fact that they aren't getting back to him means they likely don't know where it is either. So they are going to get back up with me Monday or Tuesday with some kind of an update but they feel the fact that it can't be located means it's likely not coming. He said if it had been damaged, or stolen or anything like that they would normally notify him in short order. But in this case it's radio silent.

Now here is the twist - tonight I logged into my ford account and when you scroll down to the part where it lists recalls, etc - the warranty section says the warranty went into effect 1/4/22?? How is this possible? Now for additional information - the ford tracking links haven't been working for a while. I don't think my dealer is feeding me BS - he really sounded like he was pissed and thoroughly annoyed with Ford.

So - does anyone have any insight into a scenario like this? Did @Ford Motor Company sell my Bronco to someone else? Thanks in advance.
Did you have any additional deposit past the original $100? Railcar number and start from there. When and where was it delivered. Check the United Road site as well and see if they delivered it somewhere. This sucks and good luck tracking it down.
https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt

Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If he promised you that he would personally dig in on Monday (a national holiday) and/or Tuesday, why did you choose to turn it over to this forum before then? Especially when this place is rife with negativity and conspiracy theorists? No one can help you today, but I do hope that this is all just a misunderstanding that goes in your favor in the next couple of days.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My warranties all started on the date sold. There's a good app called orto you can run your vin and it gives as much free info as I could find. It should at least list if it was sold and who sold it. Titles aren't issued right away so there may be a little lag.

Superthornbird

Everglades
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang, 2015 Outback
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

If the railcar it was in was involved in a derailment that damaged the vehicles inside the railroad self insures and buys the damaged vehicles and destroys them. I hope that is not the case for you.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If he promised you that he would personally dig in on Monday (a national holiday) and/or Tuesday, why did you choose to turn it over to this forum before then? Especially when this place is rife with negativity and conspiracy theorists? No one can help you today, but I do hope that this is all just a misunderstanding that goes in your favor in the next couple of days.
Fair question. It was when I logged into the site and saw the warranty listed as being active - that prompted the post. Pushed me over the edge perhaps.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have any additional deposit past the original $100? Railcar number and start from there. When and where was it delivered. Check the United Road site as well and see if they delivered it somewhere. This sucks and good luck tracking it down.
https://www.unitedroad.com/delivery-receipt
I did track it on united and it has a load number and my dealer name but no order ID. Nothing I can click that takes me any further. What would that mean then? It's scheduled?

JimNE

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just curious if the mods are still active? If it was badly damaged Iā€™d think not?

Also, I wouldnā€˜t trust the dealer when he throws ā€˜regional Ford repā€™ out. That ā€˜entityā€™ got blamed for my order being 99ā€™d for 3 months. I asked to speak to him or her even, but never got a name, let alone a number or email.

Last edited:

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Crazy. I think they usually ship with other Broncos if possible. Where are you? Wondering if you could find any other broncos being delivered to your area about this time. One source to look in to this is the build week spreadsheets. Just a thought.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco's warranty went live when it arrived at the dealership, the day before I purchased. I did (test) drive it that day, but we hadn't done any paperwork yet. Not sure if that means anything to the OP, but there you are.
Sponsored