Sponsored

CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF

jd-ford-hd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Explorer, ā€˜13 F150, ā€˜99 F350, '74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The warranty going active is definitely a HUGE red flag.!
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hopefully it's just a clerical error although I wouldn't be surprised if it was delivered to the wrong dealer and they sold it. Might have thought they got a nice bonus. Something like that happened to a person buying a Corvette. Purchased it through a dealership and had it drop shipped it to another dealership for pickup. Receiving dealership got it and sold it. By the time they found it someone had been driving it thinking they had bought it and the real owner had already paid for it. Probably kept some lawyers busy.
I know thereā€™s a scenario in business law where a customerā€™s vehicle was in service, but accidentally sold, and I believe the amount of the vehicle + any additional money gained from the sale was awarded to the owner.

I imagine something similar would occur here, at least if an additional down payment to the $100 reservation was applied.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If he promised you that he would personally dig in on Monday (a national holiday) and/or Tuesday, why did you choose to turn it over to this forum before then? Especially when this place is rife with negativity and conspiracy theorists? No one can help you today, but I do hope that this is all just a misunderstanding that goes in your favor in the next couple of days.
This. The dealership seems to be acting in good faith, working to find the vehicle. I'm not sure how the forum is going to help Scooby Doo this mystery, but it will get people riled up on a Sunday night.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This. The dealership seems to be acting in good faith, working to find the vehicle. I'm not sure how the forum is going to help Scooby Doo this mystery, but it will get people riled up on a Sunday night.
I agree. Dealer is doing what they can. Just was hoping someone here may have some insights as to what it could mean.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
all the 'insights"/speculation is going to be bad, just confirming to you that your instincts aren't crazy. Pay no attention to those that want to bust your baggie over it. It is a very human to look for validation in unfamiliar territory.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last time I checked the statistic was that a train derails or is involved in an accident every 20 minutes in the US. If the dealer specifically said "derailed" my bet would be on some train incident leading to total loss of the vehicles...

I do hope you hear good news though.

That stat is misleading. Often the derailments in those stats occur within rail yards or industry locations and consist of one car putting one wheel on the ground. Major derailments are much less frequent.

Also, the OPā€™s profile says Indiana. My guess is his vehicle went exclusively by truck.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Call Ford Customer Service, inform them of your (valid) concerns, give VIN and let THEM tell you were it is and what happened. If it was sold by the dealer as an inventory unit you will never hear the truth.

As a side comment, I was a day 1 reservationist, ordered promptly on January 21 of last year and finally received my Bronco December 1st. However, the window sticker was always blue and never green (special order green!) and when it arrived I asked the dealer why my sticker did not show it was a special order. Well, it appeared to me that they knew why it was blue, but did not want to tell me. Point is, yes, dealers will order "your" vehicle but not show that as a customer special order in the Ford system. This gives them great flexibility when it arrives and can easily market-sell. Was your window sticker blue or green?

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call Ford Customer Service, inform them of your (valid) concerns, give VIN and let THEM tell you were it is and what happened. If it was sold by the dealer as an inventory unit you will never hear the truth.

As a side comment, I was a day 1 reservationist, ordered promptly on January 21 of last year and finally received my Bronco December 1st. However, the window sticker was always blue and never green (special order green!) and when it arrived I asked the dealer why my sticker did not show it was a special order. Well, it appeared to me that they knew why it was blue, but did not want to tell me. Point is, yes, dealers will order "your" vehicle but not show that as a customer special order in the Ford system. This gives them great flexibility when it arrives and can easily market-sell. Was your window sticker blue or green?
Window sticker is green but that's a good point. What ford phone number do you suggest using?

Sponsored

Scopebit

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the recurring nightmare of everyone who hasn't taken delivery of their Bronco. šŸ˜±

I really hope this works out for you - soon.

... and if someone did sell it out from underneath you... I hope to see it on youtube when the karma bus rolls up.
If someone (another dealership) did sell something (a vehicle) that wasn't theirs (not allocated to them), i believe that's a crime. Haven't finished this thread but I'm interested to the outcome...sorry this is happening to you, GL!

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Window sticker is green but that's a good point. What ford phone number do you suggest using?
If VIN look up is showing Michigan registration and you donā€™t hear from your dealer by tomorrow. I would start looking into legal advice so you donā€™t waste to much time fishing for it. You might find out (unfortunately) you donā€™t have any standing to do anything other then to wait for a new order or build. Iā€™m sorry it is frustrating and I totally feel for you šŸ˜–šŸ˜£šŸ˜”

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My wife purchased a new 2017 Ford Edge in 2019, warranty starts at time of purchase. I asked about that. So that is a huge red flag as stated previously. she had to use warranty for something, canā€™t remember what it was. Service tech even said something about the purchase date vs year model, he commented about it being a 2017 and purchased in 2019, said you donā€™t see that often.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Window sticker color for the bronco is a giant mystery. My retail order sticker was blue with the corresponding ā€œretailā€ sticker on the window while the bronco that arrived on the same truck is mine. There was a thread on here discussing that. The fact of the matter is there isnā€™t rhyme nor reason to sticker colors right now because aside from base big bend dealers arenā€™t able to order stock orders.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe the mystery of special orders being produced with blue window stickers (stock orders) happened in the October/November period, when Ford was under pressure to allow a certain portion of special orders (green) to be sold with ADM, so by having the "ghost" change these to blue stickers relieved some pressure and definitely was an attempt by Ford to get off the hook. Remember the % limit of sales with different names (compared with the reservation).....
Sponsored