Sponsored

CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just spoke with ford customer service. The agent I spoke with said that they show the truck as awaiting shipment with a target arrival date of Feb 2nd. She couldn't answer as to why the warranty shows active or why I found a record of it being titled in Michigan. At this point I'm going to give my dealer some time to do their research but still seems a bit fishy...
Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I just spoke with ford customer service. The agent I spoke with said that they show the truck as awaiting shipment with a target arrival date of Feb 2nd. She couldn't answer as to why the warranty shows active or why I found a record of it being titled in Michigan. At this point I'm going to give my dealer some time to do their research but still seems a bit fishy...
Sounds like some HR dept bullish!t response

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Would be grateful for any insight the forum can provide. So - my blend date was 8/31 and FINALLY I get my built email on 12/25 with arrival at the dealer between 1/9 and 1/15. On 1/7 my dealer shows a status of "derailed" on their end. The whole week passes with no news so Friday I call the dealer and my salesman is out and I end up speaking with one of the dealer principals. Before I can tell him my story he says he already knows who I am and they have been trying to locate my Bronco for a couple days. They can no longer find it in their system etc. He explains that in 25+ years he's never had a vehicle go missing like this and he's waiting for a call back from the regional Ford rep. Furthermore the fact that they aren't getting back to him means they likely don't know where it is either. So they are going to get back up with me Monday or Tuesday with some kind of an update but they feel the fact that it can't be located means it's likely not coming. He said if it had been damaged, or stolen or anything like that they would normally notify him in short order. But in this case it's radio silent.

Now here is the twist - tonight I logged into my ford account and when you scroll down to the part where it lists recalls, etc - the warranty section says the warranty went into effect 1/4/22?? How is this possible? Now for additional information - the ford tracking links haven't been working for a while. I don't think my dealer is feeding me BS - he really sounded like he was pissed and thoroughly annoyed with Ford.

So - does anyone have any insight into a scenario like this? Did @Ford Motor Company sell my Bronco to someone else? Thanks in advance.
umm, they sold it to someone else.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Would be grateful for any insight the forum can provide. So - my blend date was 8/31 and FINALLY I get my built email on 12/25 with arrival at the dealer between 1/9 and 1/15. On 1/7 my dealer shows a status of "derailed" on their end. The whole week passes with no news so Friday I call the dealer and my salesman is out and I end up speaking with one of the dealer principals. Before I can tell him my story he says he already knows who I am and they have been trying to locate my Bronco for a couple days. They can no longer find it in their system etc. He explains that in 25+ years he's never had a vehicle go missing like this and he's waiting for a call back from the regional Ford rep. Furthermore the fact that they aren't getting back to him means they likely don't know where it is either. So they are going to get back up with me Monday or Tuesday with some kind of an update but they feel the fact that it can't be located means it's likely not coming. He said if it had been damaged, or stolen or anything like that they would normally notify him in short order. But in this case it's radio silent.

Now here is the twist - tonight I logged into my ford account and when you scroll down to the part where it lists recalls, etc - the warranty section says the warranty went into effect 1/4/22?? How is this possible? Now for additional information - the ford tracking links haven't been working for a while. I don't think my dealer is feeding me BS - he really sounded like he was pissed and thoroughly annoyed with Ford.

So - does anyone have any insight into a scenario like this? Did @Ford Motor Company sell my Bronco to someone else? Thanks in advance.

I haven't read all the comments, so sorry if already fixed/answered - please send me your VIN, I can do my best to help out

Sponsored

DGREENW

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry to hear of the fiasco. I'm here in central NJ and I am expecting my Bronco today or tomorrow 🤞. Dealer said shipping involves a train from Michigan to PA then a truck from PA to his NJ dealership (Larson Ford, Lakewood NJ). As of Sat, mine was in PA awaiting delivery to dealer.

I hope your situation gets resolved soon.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well now you have us all wondering if they sold your rig or not based on the warranty activation and vin registration. So what is the updated scoop?

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford sends vehicles to Dealers with an MSO (Manufacturer's Statement of Origin), not a Title. This is so the original BUYER gets a new title issued by their State. Depending on the State, (so not always) the Dealer may have to buy the vehicle from Ford and title it in that State after a specific number of miles are driven, or if it is designated as a demo/mannequin from the get-go.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is the quick update - just hung up with the dealer. It was damaged badly enough (B pillar damage) that Ford isn't confident they should sell it. I'm paraphrasing there. Dealer has given me a few options including trying to dig deeper and see if it's salvageable and can be repaired or place a new order for a 2022 that will be moved up int he production cycle and be here in the next 60-90 days. I believe I'll be going that route. Taking delivery of a 2021 in 2022 already rubbed me the wrong way. Plus now I can make some changes to the build too.

Thanks everyone for all your help and feedback. In hindsight I should have given the dealer some more time to get me answers before posting.

Sponsored

Tmurder1776

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is the quick update - just hung up with the dealer. It was damaged badly enough (B pillar damage) that Ford isn't confident they should sell it. I'm paraphrasing there. Dealer has given me a few options including trying to dig deeper and see if it's salvageable and can be repaired or place a new order for a 2022 that will be moved up int he production cycle and be here in the next 60-90 days. I believe I'll be going that route. Taking delivery of a 2021 in 2022 already rubbed me the wrong way. Plus now I can make some changes to the build too.

Thanks everyone for all your help and feedback. In hindsight I should have given the dealer some more time to get me answers before posting.
That sucks. Hope you get your new one quickly. I wonder if you refuse if someone will still try to repair and sell?

Aerie79

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I hope you get your replacement Bronco post haste! You did the right thing posting here for advice (which is all you asked for).....this was a weird one and someone in the forum might have been able to come up with a nugget to help with the search. Good Luck to you.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In hindsight I should have given the dealer some more time to get me answers before posting.
Meh. You were in a weird situation with no answers, and were wondering if anyone else knew what it could be.

I don't really understand why anyone would have a problem with your post.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Update your first post with this information so we don't get the pitchfork natives in an uproar over nothing.

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They did it...

Ford Bronco CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF thelma-and-louise-vintage
Sponsored