Sponsored

CORRECTION - Damaged in transit. Was: Dealer says my Bronco may be "missing"? WTF

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) they wouldn’t have titled a wrecked vehicle. I’d love to know who it was titled to!

There’s no reason to convert the MSO to a title, afaik.
Once it’s damaged past a certain amount it can’t be sold as new. bmw got hammered for it iirc, but who knows

2) I don’t believe it.

but that’s based on some weird things in the past and things I’ve read
Sponsored

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
PLEASE!!!!!!!!! Update your first post with this information so we don't get the pitchfork natives in an uproar over nothing.
Done. Thanks for the heads up.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here is the quick update - just hung up with the dealer. It was damaged badly enough (B pillar damage) that Ford isn't confident they should sell it. I'm paraphrasing there. Dealer has given me a few options including trying to dig deeper and see if it's salvageable and can be repaired or place a new order for a 2022 that will be moved up int he production cycle and be here in the next 60-90 days. I believe I'll be going that route. Taking delivery of a 2021 in 2022 already rubbed me the wrong way. Plus now I can make some changes to the build too.

Thanks everyone for all your help and feedback. In hindsight I should have given the dealer some more time to get me answers before posting.
If you go the new order route (I would) make sure that you confirm your priority code. It should be in the 1-9 range. Anything 10-higher will be at the back of the line.

Sponsored

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You don't want a damaged vehicle without a significant discount.

We considered a new MINI JCW at the dealer that was damaged in an accident during a road test and repaired. Front end parts, bumper only repaint, and all the plastic bits. $6,000 discount.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is not against the OP, but I am finding lots of posts that are just going straight to blaming the dealers... not to say dealers are perfect, and a lot of time it is at the fault of the dealer... but Ford Motor cannot just sell your vehicle to someone else, plus mistakes happen and vehicles to end up at the wrong dealership, but they couldn't sell it if they wanted to - it wouldn't be on their floor-plan nor have the MSO(title certificate), depending on the state. So, if your vehicle has disappeared from transit look-up, vehicle locator, vehicle visibility, or whichever platform you use to track updates - it has either arrived at the dealership or unfortunately was stopped by the assembly plant from being sent out. Which at that point it is a process only those who are involved in know about... structural bureaucracy

So, if anyone sees this, please please please give your dealership time to explain what is going on. Once you know your dealer is on BS, sure do what you please to get your Bronco.

My opinion on taking your "damaged" Bronco, do not take it. Move on, and order another. I also have never known Ford to send out structurally damaged vehicles either, I don't think they can. For safety compliance. Sadly, let that one go to the crusher.

EDIT: I noticed someone mention something about priority, you want a 01 or 02 - which is done by a Regional Rep(which this should be done because of the OPs situation.) Anything higher, is basically useless...

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is not against the OP, but I am finding lots of posts that are just going straight to blaming the dealers... not to say dealers are perfect, and a lot of time it is at the fault of the dealer... but Ford Motor cannot just sell your vehicle to someone else, plus mistakes happen and vehicles to end up at the wrong dealership, but they couldn't sell it if they wanted to - it wouldn't be on their floor-plan nor have the MSO(title certificate), depending on the state. So, if your vehicle has disappeared from transit look-up, vehicle locator, vehicle visibility, or whichever platform you use to track updates - it has either arrived at the dealership or unfortunately was stopped by the assembly plant from being sent out. Which at that point it is a process only those who are involved in know about... structural bureaucracy

So, if anyone sees this, please please please give your dealership time to explain what is going on. Once you know your dealer is on BS, sure do what you please to get your Bronco.

My opinion on taking your "damaged" Bronco, do not take it. Move on, and order another. I also have never known Ford to send out structurally damaged vehicles either, I don't think they can. For safety compliance. Sadly, let that one go to the crusher
Thanks and thanks for checking out the VIN for me. For the record (and I'm not saying you were referring to me) I was never blaming the dealer. The lack of info they had from Ford and their general annoyance at the lack of info is what prompted me to start wondering. And when I saw the warranty part being active that's what caused my post. Wondering if those parts were familiar to anyone. Perhaps I should have waited longer to ask - but frankly I've seen a lot of people post much less valid questions on here. All that being said - my dealer has been good to me throughout so I have no complaints there. We're all just on the same Bronco roller coaster.

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks and thanks for checking out the VIN for me. For the record (and I'm not saying you were referring to me) I was never blaming the dealer. The lack of info they had from Ford and their general annoyance at the lack of info is what prompted me to start wondering. And when I saw the warranty part being active that's what caused my post. Wondering if those parts were familiar to anyone. Perhaps I should have waited longer to ask - but frankly I've seen a lot of people post much less valid questions on here. All that being said - my dealer has been good to me throughout so I have no complaints there. We're all just on the same Bronco roller coaster.
I never got the VIN :unsure: lol... I do wish Ford was quicker on telling dealers and customers when these things happen. It is sad, but honestly would you have rather had your Bronco pop up out of nowhere(and never knowing what actually happened) :oops:. Hopefully you get your next Bronco quickly

Sponsored

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Here is the quick update - just hung up with the dealer. It was damaged badly enough (B pillar damage) that Ford isn't confident they should sell it. I'm paraphrasing there. Dealer has given me a few options including trying to dig deeper and see if it's salvageable and can be repaired or place a new order for a 2022 that will be moved up int he production cycle and be here in the next 60-90 days. I believe I'll be going that route. Taking delivery of a 2021 in 2022 already rubbed me the wrong way. Plus now I can make some changes to the build too.

Thanks everyone for all your help and feedback. In hindsight I should have given the dealer some more time to get me answers before posting.
Just curios - Any idea on why the vehicle has a title registered or the warranty active if Ford isnt confident enough to sell that vehicle?

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i wouldn't touch that vehicle unless it was a big discount. If it was my idea i'd try and get a higher trim(unless it already was) for equal price and tell them priority 1 or 2. If do a high priority i would try and get options even if they are a constraint(MIC, Tow etc) as you'll get priority regardless

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you were built as a 2021, the reservation is gone, push for them to get the price protection as the new order won't be linked to a certificate, you shouldn't have to pay the 2022 prices.

OP
OP
blogue

blogue

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since you were built as a 2021, the reservation is gone, push for them to get the price protection as the new order won't be linked to a certificate, you shouldn't have to pay the 2022 prices.
Yes it will be priority and they have confirmed I will still get 2021 pricing.
Sponsored