First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I respectfully disagree. These are low-production high end specialty units like other examples e.g. GT 500. I don't believe Ford is pricing them correctly if the middle man is making 50% on markup.
I was referring to the MY21 Broncos with this comment, not to the Raptor Broncos. I agree with your disagreement in that case. Check the note I made one above the one you quoted. They will have a higher markup already built in which is standard industry practice for low-volume vehicles. What the dealer does after that is driven by the market.
Sponsored

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So, for every complaining about the price of something that hasnā€™t been determined yet. How would you suggest they sell low production vehicles?
lottery system? Something else? Do you think auctions are unfair because you canā€™t afford it? The market is what sets the price, and nobody should be regulating a free market economy. Donā€™t like the price, donā€™t buy it, if people are not buying it, they will lower the prices.
Lol yes because dealer mark ups are a good thing right? Itā€™s this kind of mentality that lets dealerships act the way they do.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Lol yes because dealer mark ups are a good thing right? Itā€™s this kind of mentality that lets dealerships act the way they do.
The amount of anti-consumer stuff you see in these forums in sort of mind boggling. Dealer ADM is more akin to scalpers than anything. I can't buy directly from the dealership, I'm forced to go through a dealership. I've accepted driving my Bronco nearly 2,000 miles home from Granger just to ensure I avoid all of that... but that is still anti-consumer. I shouldn't have to fly half way around the country to receive MSRP.

There is a reason carvana and carmax are extremely popular these days.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The prices for the 2021 Corvettes are crazy high. They are generally going for $35K or more over invoice for a used one, lol, and it's been this way for a year.

Ford Bronco Dealer says they are getting Bronco Raptor allocations, 30K over MSRP Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 7.36.00 PM
Ford Bronco Dealer says they are getting Bronco Raptor allocations, 30K over MSRP Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 7.35.50 PM

ttboy

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my dealer who did not charge any ADM on the Bronco (MSRP for all) just told me they are getting a few allocations for the Bronco Raptor and will charge all of them 30K over. Also said will be a different reservation system.
Could be true or not, just sharing what they told me.
at that cost just swap the motor tires and suspension on a lower trim. Get the wider squared fender flares and wellah...its a Raptor.

Sponsored

rivasrubicon

Raptor
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis G70, 2018 Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The prices for the 2021 Corvettes are crazy high. They are generally going for $35K or more over invoice for a used one, lol, and it's been this way for a year.

Ford Bronco Dealer says they are getting Bronco Raptor allocations, 30K over MSRP Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 7.35.50 PM
I understand. It doesnā€™t make it right, but you canā€™t control stupid consumers. At this point the Tesla direct looks way more appealing if a model than this. Like someone said before, the actions are comparable to a scalper.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
at that cost just swap the motor tires and suspension on a lower trim. Get the wider squared fender flares and wellah...its a Raptor.
Yeah but you wonā€™t have that really cool grill that says FORD. Deal killerā€¦

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a call today from a dealer in Fresno trying to sell me three potential Broncos, 2 first edition. All 3 were $30K ADM. If anyone is looking to get ripped off, send me a message and Iā€™ll shoot you the phone number.

Oh, best part is they arenā€™t even built. The dealer is trying to sell me orders!

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All, Ford found out with the 120k reservation people are willing to pay for uplevel equipment and trim, just that fact alone points to a 70k starting price and I can promise Ford will build less than 2000 raptors in 22 running up the price even more and sadly there plenty of stupid people willing to overpay. I donā€™t anticipate bronco prices coming down for the next year plus as it will take sometime for supply and demand to catch up. Also letā€™s remember this. Most new cars have very little markup from what the dealer pays to retail. Even at msrp and hold back Broncos will only bet a couple grand. On the flip side Ford is making a ton of money. They donā€™t have to deal with the overhead of floor plans, paying people and maintaining a physical location. There are plenty of honest dealers out there and honestly considering most of the time they have shit product they should be able to make money. The difference is in doing what is fair. You can be a pig. Being a hog pisses me off.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The trend will be exactly the same as the Raptor trucks. The first year of the new generation will have stupid high AMD's. The second year will be mostly MSRP with a few deals under MSRP and a few holdouts adding ADM. By the third year you are foolish if you pay MSRP. By year 4 the deals are deep as rumors of the next generation gather steam.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not really putting the fault on individual stealerships, but rather the business model itself.
It's not a business model that causes this. It is basic economics of supply and demand. A dealer can price the vehicle at whatever they. We, the consumer, justify the price they are selling at.

Bradyrufenacht

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So my dealer who did not charge any ADM on the Bronco (MSRP for all) just told me they are getting a few allocations for the Bronco Raptor and will charge all of them 30K over. Also said will be a different reservation system.
Could be true or not, just sharing what they told me.
We are a Capitalist economy. As long as people are willing to pay, the dealerships have the right to do price them where they want. Im just glad Ford did its best to lock in Bronco prices.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All, Ford found out with the 120k reservation people are willing to pay for uplevel equipment and trim, just that fact alone points to a 70k starting price and I can promise Ford will build less than 2000 raptors in 22 running up the price even more and sadly there plenty of stupid people willing to overpay. I donā€™t anticipate bronco prices coming down for the next year plus as it will take sometime for supply and demand to catch up. Also letā€™s remember this. Most new cars have very little markup from what the dealer pays to retail. Even at msrp and hold back Broncos will only bet a couple grand. On the flip side Ford is making a ton of money. They donā€™t have to deal with the overhead of floor plans, paying people and maintaining a physical location. There are plenty of honest dealers out there and honestly considering most of the time they have shit product they should be able to make money. The difference is in doing what is fair. You can be a pig. Being a hog pisses me off.
That would put the Bronco price squarely in the range of the Defender. Thatā€™s more than I, and many others are willing to pay. Donā€™t discount the reasonable pricing a a big driver of sales. Price comes into play with buyers of all means, people willing to overpay are an anomaly to the real market.
Sponsored