Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline RTL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did you pay a deposit?
yeah a deposit seems to help dial it in. I had one as well but maybe it do
I have the same thing, look closely in the bottom right corner and it says this is not an invoice. I can't understand how dealerships justify adding on ADM when all they did was basically broker the deal that you already chose. It's total garbage, but I doubt you have an actual contract. Did you put money down or are you talking about the original $100 reservation fee?
The dealers who aren't marking it up mass amounts like them are still marking up with clever gimmicks like $1-$2,000 "protection packages" Complete scams where they sell you "VIN # glass etchings. Fabric protection, cup guards, its all b.s. My dealer said "No new Bronco's leave the lot without it. You can negotiate it but it's a common scam here in Florida.
Sponsored

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

All,

I'm fuming mad and just got back from Lindsay Ford (Wheaton, MD) where they tried to get me to pay 10k ADM over what we agreed to back in March. I have an order summary with MSRP and my signature and date but they are not honoring it. I happen to be a licensed attorney so I'm exploring my options in the legal arena and am likely to file a complaint against the dealership.

Folks who have been through this shakedown, I welcome your advice and recommendation. I am not paying a cent over MSRP - what we agreed to.

@Ford Motor Company

Update:
I’ve tweeted Mike Levine and Ford Motor Company.
I’ve emailed the general manager to elevate it.
I’ve researched the Maryland Uniform Commercial Code and my situation looks favorable.
I’ve reached out to several attorneys who specialize in breach of contract.
I've reached out to the local news station with a news tip.

As I was leaving the dealership today with steam coming out of my ears, they said they would hold the vehicle for a day to see if I changed my mind. They also said they would drop it to $5000 markup. I told them I wouldn’t pay a cent over what we agreed to.
13 one star reviews on Google in 24hrs lol. Hammer time Lindsay Ford- The wrath of the Bronco Family is UPON YOU-

RivianNowPlz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You answered your own question and then arrived at the wrong conclusion. Damages here are the difference between the market value and contract price - which according to them is $5000. So they will need to pay me that difference to make me whole because that's how much more it will cost in the free market for me to acquire the same vehicle given the increase in market demand since we brokered the deal.
This is not how damages work, and even on a case like this it wouldn't be either.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This dealer will probably do something to your vehicle trust me WALK AWAY🤬
In my life something happens for a reason and this car is JINXED!!

Sponsored

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yeah a deposit seems to help dial it in. I had one as well but maybe it do

The dealers who aren't marking it up mass amounts like them are still marking up with clever gimmicks like $1-$2,000 "protection packages" Complete scams where they sell you "VIN # glass etchings. Fabric protection, cup guards, its all b.s. My dealer said "No new Bronco's leave the lot without it. You can negotiate it but it's a common scam here in Florida.
Covert Ford in Texas tried that bs and I said no; they removed it and I paid sticker.

Aerie79

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If everyone will wait one year, they'll be caught up in reservations and orders. 2023 will be at msrp or below. Vote with your wallets people. You need something now you're going to pay if you didn't go through an honest dealer. Any ADM isn't worth it on a bronco, you're just paying to get it sooner. Market will be flooded in year 3
The $100 got us a reservation to be sure.....and that really doesn't buy us much......BUT, when you sit down with a salesman and spec out an ORDER for a new vehicle and you settle on a price (which is written down on something....used to be a Purchase and Sales Order), then you give the dealer $500 (or more) to consummate that transaction and then you shake hands and smile and walk away, you have consummated a business deal, period. I don't care how many other ways you want to describe this situation, but that's the bottom line. To make it even more binding, the dealer transmitted that order to Ford where it resulted in the construction of a new Bronco built to those specs. The vehicle rolled off the assembly line with a GREEN sticker in the window with a price on that sticker. THe sticker says that the vehicle is a SOLD unit Special Order.

Why in the hell are we even discussing the rights of a dealership to break this express contract with a buyer in this exchange? In the old west somebody would be tar and feathered if this was tried.

Stand your ground....and if you need any help standing that ground with the dealer, I believe there are MANY of us who will help support you.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
The $100 got us a reservation to be sure.....and that really doesn't buy us much......BUT, when you sit down with a salesman and spec out an ORDER for a new vehicle and you settle on a price (which is written down on something....used to be a Purchase and Sales Order), then you give the dealer $500 (or more) to consummate that transaction and then you shake hands and smile and walk away, you have consummated a business deal, period. I don't care how many other ways you want to describe this situation, but that's the bottom line. To make it even more binding, the dealer transmitted that order to Ford where it resulted in the construction of a new Bronco built to those specs. The vehicle rolled off the assembly line with a GREEN sticker in the window with a price on that sticker. THe sticker says that the vehicle is a SOLD unit Special Order.

Why in the hell are we even discussing the rights of a dealership to break this express contract with a buyer in this exchange? In the old west somebody would be tar and feathered if this was tried.

Stand your ground....and if you need any help standing that ground with the dealer, I believe there are MANY of us who will help support you.
I agree with you. It's a shitty dealer. Total bait and switch. I just think FORD needs to back up their customers and stand their ground. We shouldn't have to do anything. Does Ford want us to buy their cars? They need to show us they do. They want us to buy their product, but don't stand with us when we try to do that. They need to step up and get involved. A company either cares about their customers or they don't, every customer.

This continues because Ford allows it, period. Price is what it is when ordered, not increased at delivery. That's bait and switch

There's no point in having a customer put in a res, wait a couple years for an order, then screw them out of the sale. That's not good for anyone, especially Ford in the long run. I guarantee you they would lose me as a customer if this happened to me.

And it's a minority of dealers who are giving Ford a bad name. As I've said before, vote with your wallet

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ALL THE ELEMENTS OF A LEGAL BINDING AGREEMENT HAVE BEEN MET.
(The basic elements required for the agreement to be a legally enforceable contract are: mutual assent, expressed by a valid offer and acceptance; adequate consideration; capacity; and legality. In some states, element of consideration can be satisfied by a valid substitute.)
Mutual assent: Agreement by both parties to a contract. Mutual assent must be proven objectively, and is often established by showing an offer and acceptance (e.g., an offer to do X in exchange for Y, followed by an acceptance of that offer).
That's the rub with this, the DORA has no terms of what is supposed to happen (i.e. X) for an exchange for Y. It possibly makes it an Agreement on price, but not a contract.

Last edited:

Aerie79

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's the rub with this, the DORA has no terms of what is supposed to happen (i.e. X) for an exchange for Y. It makes it an Agreement but not a contract.
[/QUOTE
Not buying that crap.....a dealer is willing to play games and blow off a consummated contract -- the results of that action will damage them permenantly? I don't believe any court in the land would take the dealer's side against the poor consumer because "technically" the DORA is not a nformal contract? A CONTRACT has been made money changed hands to consummate it -- by any definition it is just that -- a CONTRACT!

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
IMHO, Ford should contact the person that ordered the vehicle and confirm that the purchase will be made and if not why.

Use the negative answers with regard to the dealer to reduce the dealers allocations.

Ideally I'd like to see Ford match the refused vehicle due to dealer shenanigans to pending orders and deliver that vehicle to a waiting order holder.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I say fuck that dealer, find that man another bronco somewhere else

I don't understand fighting to give your money to shitty people
I’ve ordered it exact as I want. I can get one close to exact what I’ve built other than the colour and floor mats, which I didn’t order. So I wouldn’t be too upset but I prefer A51 to carbgrey.

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it ever got in front of a judge, all a judge would have to ask dealer representative “ If buyer offered $5k or $10k under msrp based on signed order sheet would you sell it for $5k or $10k under msrp?

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From glancing over their inventory website I see MSRP listed with incentives on a lot of their new vehicles with a “Love it” final price. Even their Bronco Sports are listed with a final Love it price that are lower than MSRP.

Lindsay Ford looks like a huge dealership and has plenty of inventory. So from the outside looking in, it seems they are being up front on their vehicles.

My guess is the sales manager is trying to make a few extra bucks before Xmas. I would think after the OP talks with owner or general manager this will be resolved Monday.

However Bronco6g members going onto google reviews and posting bad reviews before this is not final, I would think that is jumping the gun too early and not giving the company a fair share before things are settled. Bronco6g members doing that please pump those breaks a little.

Just my 2 cents.
Sponsored