First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get out and picket, preferably with others...that will get their attention! For 5k and the the hassle, I would suspect they are bound to cave. Seriously...that IS what I would do.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For what itā€™s worth, I just posted a 1 star google review for the dealership
Didn't we just go through this a couple of months ago? Things have changed drastically for the worse in the past few months. Most dealers are charging some markup on most of their best sellers. This isn't just about Bronco anymore, although most are only marking up under $5k. The chances of winning this are slim IMO. This Bronco will likely have an owner within the week if op doesn't take it.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow just sad to say the least but yet you have a confirmed special order ticket displayed on the window sticker.
D1B92169-EEAC-4E30-AEFD-79EF8DCF8EA7.png
all that mean isā€¦. Is that it was ordered by someone with a reservationā€¦..
The Vin is assigned months ago to the reservation number aka the OPā€¦.

the window sticker proves it is his VIN that Ford assigned to himā€¦.The reservation holder ā€¦. Not the dealer!!

also the reservation number is on the DORA.

Last edited:

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's the rub with this, the DORA has no terms of what is supposed to happen (i.e. X) for an exchange for Y. It possibly makes it an Agreement on price, but not a contract.
Yea well a deposit of $1000.00 does!!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
all that mean isā€¦. Is that it was ordered by someone with a reservationā€¦..
The Vin is assigned months ago to the reservation number aka the OPā€¦.

the window sticker proves it is his VIN that Ford assigned to himā€¦.The reservation holder ā€¦. Not the dealer!!
Ford still has to sell it to the dealer and the dealer sells it to the customer. That's where Ford loses control.

Sponsored

AMBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜91 F250, ā€˜19 530e
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So hereā€™s the deal where I feel like anyone would have room to argue infront of a judge.

When we all placed our reservations, it said ā€œthe pricing and configuration of your vehicle will be finalized at the time of order.ā€ And in emails since ā€œthe dealer will be reaching outā€¦when you will place your order and finalize your purchase priceā€

If he placed his order and was given a cost, then they finalized the purchase price in that exact sequence.

I would also argue that until he gives the dealer the right to sell his vehicle to someone else, itā€™s still his to claim. Ford doesnā€™t send emails that say ā€œcongratulations, the vehicle that the dealer ordered that exactly matches your build specifications has been scheduled for productionā€¦ā€ it says, ā€œYour Broncoā€. If direct communication from Ford Corporate implies that it is his bronco, what argument is there against that.
Ford Bronco RESOLVED! Dealer screwed me - 10k over msrp - Lindsay Ford - Wheaton, MD C3358225-9C0F-4EA2-B254-28711348CAAD

CORick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Diesel, Audi S4 Cabrio, Buick Enclave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some dealers are real scum. I feel terrible for you. After all this time, and they pull this garbage, I probably would've gone off on multiple people, mainly the GM. Then there are Dealers like mine, who actually told me I should think about selling mine for a profit, while I was signing the final paperwork! Hell no! I waited 18 long , uncertain months, this steed is staying in my stable.

Which Dealer did you use? Mine is on rail now to Denver...I have a signed price form as well...hoping they don't try to add ADM...but...they're a car dealer...we'll see.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford still has to sell it to the dealer and the dealer sells it to the customer. That's where Ford loses control.
Ford is supposedly penalizing dealerships that donā€™t sell reservation order conversions to their rightful clientsā€¦ I think it affects their future allocations. What that is exactly I donā€™t know ā€¦. But Ford best interest is to not have their customers screwed over by crooked dealerships.

Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Has the dealership kept the OP's money?

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which Dealer did you use? Mine is on rail now to Denver...I have a signed price form as well...hoping they don't try to add ADM...but...they're a car dealer...we'll see.
I actually went with a small dealer in Northern AZ. I was referred to them by one of my customers who had bought a number of vehicles from them in the past. I spoke to the GM often throughout the process, as well as the sales rep dealing with my order. Seems like small dealers have a lot more to lose, any allocation loss is a heavier hit than it is to larger dealers. Sorry I canā€™t help much with local CO dealers. Who did you go with out here?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What happens if you don't like the Bronco and do not want to buy it? Did you obligate yourself to buy your ordered Bronco if the Dealership met all of the agreed-to conditions? Just curious.
Typically you are not committed and should get your deposit back. Right now many dealers would be happy if you backed out so they could sell it off the lot for more $$$.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is supposedly penalizing dealerships that donā€™t sell reservation order conversions to their rightful clientsā€¦ I think it affects their future allocations. What that is exactly I donā€™t know ā€¦. But Ford best interest is to not have their customers screwed over by crooked dealerships.
That much is true, I believe they need to hit 60% match. Ford can't tell the dealer what price to sell a vehicle for though. That's why the window sticker price says MSRP. Ford has stepped in on a few situations and has gotten positive results. I'm guessing those instances are few and far between though.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
That much is true, I believe they need to hit 60% match. Ford can't tell the dealer what price to sell a vehicle for though. That's why the window sticker price says MSRP. Ford has stepped in on a few situations and has gotten positive results. I'm guessing those instances are few and far between though.
I think that having your voice amplified here is more likely to produce a positive outcome than those who are not here. Not right in any case, but there is strength in numbers especially in a forum of enthusiasts...
Sponsored