jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer has been great through all of this and really transparent. I have a Day 1 reservation and know my place in line, and made the cut for 2021. He shared all the numbers with me.

I am hearing other dealers pushing for conversions, some asking for deposits.

My dealer is doing the opposite - just playing it cool and said we should talk about converting later on and there's really no rush. Which I get. Nor am I hounding him to convert me. It just feels like an anomaly since this is the exact opposite way other dealers are operating. I havent seen any emails go from the dealer to me (or others) about converting. However, he has been quick to answer one-off emails from me (once a month since July), and has always been transparent.

It would be reassuring to hear if anyone else has a dealer that's operating in the same fashion? Maybe he's just a reasonable and chill guy, and not a bulldog like the rest...IDK...
Sponsored

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer has been great through all of this and really transparent. I have a Day 1 reservation and know my place in line, and made the cut for 2021. He shared all the numbers with me.

My dealer is doing the opposite - just playing it cool and said we should talk about converting later on and there's really no rush. Which I get. Nor am I hounding him to convert me. It just feels like an anomaly since this is the exact opposite way other dealers are operating. I havent seen any emails go from the dealer to me (or others) about converting. However, he has been quick to answer one-off emails from me (once a month since July), and has always been transparent.

Anyone else have a dealer thats operating in the same fashion?
My dealer, Ted Britt in Chantilly is doing the same but they are also trying to figure out how much of a deal they can get me based on my two builds (FE and Badlands). He also said he called the first three in front of me (I am number 4 and 10 at my dealer) and said they either were going to cancel, haven't called him back or are trying to decide whether they even want to order one.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm so far down the list at my dealer of choice I don't look to convert for awhile. But, that does seem strange since Ford has ask the dealers to convert reservations as soon as possible. You being a day one reservation probably don't have anything to worry about though. Your date, and time stamp will be there whenever you do convert.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah - I am at the #10 spot, and we already agreed to a pricing structure, so there's really nothing else to sort out. I said maybe it doesnt hurt to wait to see what Ford comes back with over the next week (but that was me reaching out to him yesterday, not the other way around). Maybe I am so used to pushy dealers that I am questioning why 1. He didnt reach out to me first to get in my order, and 2. Why he didnt try to convince me yesterday to order...probably him being a nice guy, and me overthinking it...

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer, Ted Britt in Chantilly is doing the same but they are also trying to figure out how much of a deal they can get me based on my two builds (FE and Badlands). He also said he called the first three in front of me (I am number 4 and 10 at my dealer) and said they either were going to cancel, haven't called him back or are trying to decide whether they even want to order one.
Please post what they offered when you hear back from them. They are super close to me....but the other dealers around weren't offering much off MSRP. I don't think I checked with Britt.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm so far down the list at my dealer of choice I don't look to convert for awhile. But, that does seem strange since Ford has ask the dealers to convert reservations as soon as possible. You being a day one reservation probably don't have anything to worry about though. Your date, and time stamp will be there whenever you do convert.
My dealer is pretty big and I am high up on the list but they are taking the same attitude and going pretty slow.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer is pretty big and I am high up on the list but they are taking the same attitude and going pretty slow.
I can't say that I blame them Josh. I'm sure they are just as confused about some of Ford's communications as we are. :)

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Please post what they offered when you hear back from them. They are super close to me....but the other dealers around weren't offering much off MSRP. I don't think I checked with Britt.

Yeah I have been dealing with Gardner Britt the GM since launch day. He admittedly is not as versed as we all are on the forums but he said that now he has pricing and holdback he should have an more general offer that I can share here. I can tell you it will not be $1000 off invoice but maybe close to invoice. I will ping him now and see if he has come up with something solid.

I will also say, before you change dealers call them and ask where you would fall in-line if you are intent on getting one as soon as possible. Dealers can vary widely in where you may fall in order based on that.

RandyStewart

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

It would be reassuring to hear if anyone else has a dealer that's operating in the same fashion? Maybe he's just a reasonable and chill guy, and not a bulldog like the rest...IDK...
I was actually the first person to convert an order at my dealer, and that is just because I called and asked to come by. He said they hadn't been contacting people yet because they were trying to figure out the ordering system and that "half the time it was down." He told me to come on down and that I could help them learn. I actually taught them several things from my reading here. It was pretty clear they didn't have much instruction from Ford, but overall they were great.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't say that I blame them Josh. I'm sure they are just as confused about some of Ford's communications as we are. :)
Ya, not saying it was a negative just that everyone is kinda in the same boat. I talked with my dealer twice right when the banks opened an haven't heard boo since but I know I will.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer reached out to me last week that the order banks would be opening, and to let him know when I wanted to come in and convert my resy. I let him know that I wanted to let the dust settle and that I was still noodling on a few different accessories. He said no worries, whenever I'm ready. He get's it.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wouldn't worry too much. I too have a night one reservation and I'm ready to order also. My Dealer is playing it slow too. Mainly because of the large number of reservations and the fact that the Ordering system is wrong/inaccurate or down a lot from what I understand.

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ya, not saying it was a negative just that everyone is kinda in the same boat. I talked with my dealer twice right when the banks opened an haven't heard boo since but I know I will.
You have a VERY Rare reservation number. I only know because I'm the one who put together the the sequential info for this site. You should be #1 at just about at any dealer. PM me for your space on this entire website. I know the reservation numbers don't exactly match but yours is different-in a good way.

Last edited:

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer is pretty big and I am high up on the list but they are taking the same attitude and going pretty slow.action
Mine doesn’t have a lot of reservations but they had a lot of issues with the Sport so they wanted to wait a few days for that to get worked out

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You have a VERY Rare reservation number. I only know because I'm the one who put together the the sequential info for this site. You should be #1 at just about at any dealer. PM me for your space on this entire website. I know the reservation numbers don't exactly match but yours is different-in a good way.
Reservation numbers don’t go in order with time stamp , and time stamp is what matters
Sponsored