BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not saying it didn't, can't or won't happen but this story was told by a salesman who we normally wouldn't believe what they were telling us in any other situation. Bottom line is that this is still just a "my dealer said" thread with zero evidence.
Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just stopped by my dealer as my truck will arrive any day. Sales guy told me to keep close track of it. Another customers bronco arrived and was sold to a walk in the day it arrived. Anyone heard of this happening before?
No, but you need to pull a pre-emptive Tony Soprano on your sales mgr.

OP
OP

Notbostrom

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not saying it didn't, can't or won't happen but this story was told by a salesman who we normally wouldn't believe what they were telling us in any other situation. Bottom line is that this is still just a "my dealer said" thread with zero evidence.
And honestly I hope it ends that way. The fact that there are not other examples is encouraging

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is funny my dealer told me that happened to them as well, he said the customer was on vacation and another salesman sold it. Said they could not reach customer on the phone so after a few days they just sold it, with a $20,000 over MSRP as well.

hotrodtim

Wildtrak
First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EXPEDITION,2009 F150,2003 LINCOLN AVIATOR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah my jaw hit the floor. This whole process is stressful enough and now I have to worry about this crap.....
What town is this dealer located in?

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
3 pages and still don't know what dealer this is These shit ass post like this are just stirring the pot and getting out of hand my 2 cents

CarStory

Big Bend
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW GTI, Subaru STI, Toyota Yaris HB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Did they not see the green window sticker showing it was a custom order? I would be contacting Ford corporate over this.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is funny my dealer told me that happened to them as well, he said the customer was on vacation and another salesman sold it. Said they could not reach customer on the phone so after a few days they just sold it, with a $20,000 over MSRP as well.
that makes sense, my dealer told me right when I ordered that I'll have something like 5 or 6 days to come and buy it, otherwise they'll sell it to someone else. So I made sure to let me dealer know all my vacation times early on and was promised they'd keep it in the back if it should come during those times. It didn't it should be here any day now, but the scenario makes sense, if you can't reach the customer, why sit on it? Up to the customer to make sure they can be reached or arrange for something else. Dealer had to buy it from Ford, they don't want to have it sit around costing them money.

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The bright side is that you will get another hammock now! ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.