Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster.

Little late to the Bronco game, but have been waiting since April of this year to place an order. Far cry from how long some members on here have been waiting for theirs. With order dates being pushed and pushed to facilitate prior orders my dealer finally called last week and asked if I'd like to put a $100 deposit down to "pre-order" and to get in line to actually order my 2023 Bronco with a tentative November 14 retail order date. I did this and spoke to them again today and they informed me it would likely take one year from date of order and the November 14 date is subject to change. Apparently Nov 14 is the latest update from Ford to dealers. For those interested in the PEHV - there's absolutely no update on that. I may switch to a Wrangler 4xe as a result.

Wondering if any other tentative buyers have heard information similar to this? They also offered me a 2022 Badlands they have on their lot, but for $20k over MSRP (apparently this is a "good deal" compared to what other dealerships are charging). Have also been considering the two hour drive across the border into Mexico to purchase a Bronco with similar specs, but not sure about any lease/financing options for Americans.

Excited to be a part of this community and hopefully will be able to have a Bronco at some point!
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just my opinion. If your dealer has a BL and wants $20K over sticker, then I highly recommend you find another dealer to place any future order. Also, as far as buying a vehicle across the border, I am under the belief one needs to pay import taxes in order to bring the vehicle into the states.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are enough Broncos on the market that unless you absolutely had to have a particular build I'd consider shopping. Not all of them are way over MSRP.

OP
OP

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just my opinion. If your dealer has a BL and wants $20K over sticker, then I highly recommend you find another dealer to place any future order. Also, as far as buying a vehicle across the border, I am under the belief one needs to pay import taxes in order to bring the vehicle into the states.
This crossed my mind too. They have quite a few Bronco's on their lot that are canceled orders, but they told me they're being sent to auction. They claim to be a dealership that doesn't charge dealer fees - for what ever reason this BL is on their lot they said they claim to be charging 'market value' and to avoid the fees ordering is the only way to go.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ve watched local prices start to drop or stuff isn’t moving. Broncos, F150 Lightnings, etc.

Don’t assume you have to pay what they re asking…. Times are a starting to change ….

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, basically , that dealer is running a scam.
The $100 is just to make you think you are locked into "something", but currently nothing exists as far as Ford corporate and "pre-orders" is concerned.
The best info out there right now is to the effect of ..... Ford will look at the situation in Q4 and decide if/when they will open the order banks to the general population.
As it sits right now, REAL reservation holders have until Nov. 21st (?) to have their order updated/reservation converted to a buildable order, not 99'd, after which they are going to wipe the slate clean of all other (non- updated/converted) reservations/orders.

...and good luck trying to get your $100 back after you realize that dealer is scammy as fcuk and you want to change to a reputable dealer.

OP
OP

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wow, basically , that dealer is running a scam.
The $100 is just to make you think you are locked into "something", but currently nothing exists as far as Ford corporate and "pre-orders" is concerned.
The best info out there right now is to the effect of ..... Ford will look at the situation in Q4 and decide if/when they will open the order banks to the general population.
As it sits right now, REAL reservation holders have until Nov. 21st (?) to have their order updated/reservation converted to a buildable order, not 99'd, after which they are going to wipe the slate clean of all other (non- updated/converted) reservations/orders.

...and good luck trying to get your $100 back after you realize that dealer is scammy as fcuk and you want to change to a reputable dealer.
I had a deposit with them a few months ago and canceled it and it was back on my card the same day. The document I signed said it was refundable at any time and it would not accrue interest while they held it. If the November 14 date doesn't materialize I will be asking for the $100 back.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They also offered me a 2022 Badlands they have on their lot, but for $20k over MSRP (apparently this is a "good deal" compared to what other dealerships are charging).
Holy Fuck!!!!
This is quite possibly the King of all "My dealer said..." statements!

"Apparently this is a good deal" ....
gott damm!!
they are hoping to have their way with you!!!

OP
OP

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Holy Fuck!!!!
This is quite possibly the King of all "My dealer said..." statements!
Exactly why I quoted that particular comment. I declined the offer. So far this dealership has been the most honest and reputable from what I've found in the LA area so far. Various other dealerships I've looked at had much higher markups and refused to lease or finance the Bronco they had available.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@thisisliam
Ahhh, I should have looked at your area.

L.A., if you don't wanna pay up, they have 4 million others to try and bamboozle.

I find it interesting that your dealers comments sound scammy as hell to a guy from middle of nowhere Indiana, but for you , they are a pretty decent dealer.

Funny how perspective changes. I'd hate to see what the bad ones do!!!

Regarding finding a better dealer/ better pricing.
I always look at it this way.... how far would you drive (round trip) if somebody paid you at least a couple grand?

I've saved literally 2 to 4 thousand driving to different dealers two to four hours away.

Of course, what's 2 or 4 hours in LA traffic? 6 miles? LOL

Sponsored
OP
OP

thisisliam

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Brono Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@HoosierDaddy

I'm talking to another dealership in Nevada as well. I would fly out there to make the purchase if they had a build and price point that I liked.

Yes the traffic is awful! That's why I want a build I like and would enjoy sitting on a freeway parking lot in :)

Definitely still shopping around... and very interested in this November 14th rumored order date, which I wouldn't be surprised if it changed, in which case I'll be requesting my deposit back.

Ironically, the dealership that refused any sort of financing marked the car up $35K and it sold the day after I looked at it.

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To import a Bronco from Mexico or Canada, you would have to pay a 3% customs duty, along with other paperwork fees.

Your warranty would not be valid in the United States, only in the country of purchase.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi all. Long time reader, first time poster.

Little late to the Bronco game, but have been waiting since April of this year to place an order. Far cry from how long some members on here have been waiting for theirs. With order dates being pushed and pushed to facilitate prior orders my dealer finally called last week and asked if I'd like to put a $100 deposit down to "pre-order" and to get in line to actually order my 2023 Bronco with a tentative November 14 retail order date. I did this and spoke to them again today and they informed me it would likely take one year from date of order and the November 14 date is subject to change. Apparently Nov 14 is the latest update from Ford to dealers. For those interested in the PEHV - there's absolutely no update on that. I may switch to a Wrangler 4xe as a result.

Wondering if any other tentative buyers have heard information similar to this? They also offered me a 2022 Badlands they have on their lot, but for $20k over MSRP (apparently this is a "good deal" compared to what other dealerships are charging). Have also been considering the two hour drive across the border into Mexico to purchase a Bronco with similar specs, but not sure about any lease/financing options for Americans.

Excited to be a part of this community and hopefully will be able to have a Bronco at some point!
My local dealer has also said the tentative plan is for new retail orders starting “mid November” and they took my pre-order, which was just me sending them the build & price link for what I wanted. The salesman said he would enter it as soon as the banks open and take a deposit at that time.

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
In SoCal, dealers are offering about $7-10k over sticker on lightly used Broncos. If you want one now, not sure you’ll be able to find one in this market region for MSRP. Not to say it won’t be entirely different in 6-12 months.
Sponsored