Sponsored

Dealer takes my order with no Deposit. What kind of sorcery is this!?

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My dealer initially told me 500$ deposit but last week when we re-confirmed 2022, he said he didn’t need it anymore (we both signed my order & pricing sheet) but he said if I flake out, which he can usually tell when a customer is wishy-washy about an order… he will just mark up my truck and make 10k on it anyways so he isn’t worried About securing the deposit. He was very up front about retail orders being MSRP but any that end up on the lot WILL be marked up.
Sponsored

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...snip

Lots of people ordered Broncos with no deposit.
I am one of those "lots of people" I offered the hundo to my sales guy, he said there's no point and that I didn't need to. Confirmed I have an order not a reservation. I wouldn't sweat the $100 deposit.

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just walked in the dealer yesterday to put in a MY22 order, no deposit needed. I asked if doing it this way covers both the reservation along with the order we put in and they said yes but in a way that seemed like they were only 50% sure of their answer to my question. @JimmyG You said you got an order but no reservation did you do something similar and isn't a reservation needed?

Edit: Just got off the phone with the dealer, they said I have to provide a $100 refundable deposit (I guess they forgot to ask when I was there?), they say Ford requires dealers to collect a minimum of $100.

Last edited:

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good point. The $100 is refunded after the order is placed.
Is this accurate? I do not believe I was refunded that and I have a production date.

Sponsored

donspillman

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I initially put down the $100 reservation back last August but received a refund when I switched dealers last October. However, I was asked and did put

down $2000 late last November, when first orders were supposed to go in, so my dealer has had my money for almost a year :(

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just walked in the dealer yesterday to put in a MY22 order, no deposit needed. I asked if doing it this way covers both the reservation along with the order we put in and they said yes but in a way that seemed like they were only 50% sure of their answer to my question. @JimmyG You said you got an order but no reservation did you do something similar and isn't a reservation needed?
Yeah I'm SUPER LATE to the game. I never had a reservation for a MY21. Fell in love with the Bronco and couldn't put in a reservation/order via Ford's website because they took it down. Thanks to the brilliant people on this forum (me not included), I was alerted to the MY22 orders being accepted as of 10/13/21. So I took my happy ass to my local dealer, talked to my salesman who has been in our family for 25+ years. He took the order and submitted it. That's all I did. I did nothing online, because I personally couldn't. Hope that's clear and not convoluted, I can be clear as mud sometimes. :)

EDIT: add > Reservations are converted to orders as far as I know. So an order supersedes a reservation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah I'm SUPER LATE to the game. I never had a reservation for a MY21. Fell in love with the Bronco and couldn't put in a reservation/order via Ford's website because they took it down. Thanks to the brilliant people on this forum (me not included), I was alerted to the MY22 orders being accepted as of 10/13/21. So I took my happy ass to my local dealer, talked to my salesman who has been in our family for 25+ years. He took the order and submitted it. That's all I did. I did nothing online, because I personally couldn't. Hope that's clear and not convoluted, I can be clear as mud sometimes. :)

EDIT: add > Reservations are converted to orders as far as I know. So an order supersedes a reservation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Same exact situation I went through and I can confirm the "order supersedes a reservation" statement, I just got off the phone with my dealer that just explained that to me. TY

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same exact situation I went through and I can confirm the "order supersedes a reservation" statement, I just got off the phone with my dealer that just explained that to me. TY
Good luck with your order! See you at the end of the line. :)

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good point. The $100 is refunded after the order is placed. But has anyone heard of ordering a bronco with a zero dollar deposit!?

A homeless man can order a bronco with this sales guy.
Most dealers don't require any deposit to order. I wouldn't put a single dime down to order myself.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Edit: Just got off the phone with the dealer, they said I have to provide a $100 refundable deposit (I guess they forgot to ask when I was there?), they say Ford requires dealers to collect a minimum of $100.
That is BS. There was a $100 reservation fee. But the reservation program doesn't exist anymore. It's just go in and order. I, and many many other have not put a penny down to order.

SimpleMan

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That is BS. There was a $100 reservation fee. But the reservation program doesn't exist anymore. It's just go in and order. I, and many many other have not put a penny down to order.
Thanks for letting me know, I'm supposed to get put in contact with a sales rep anytime now (They had me do everything with an inventory/order guy when I put in my order) so I'll ask the sales guy about that. Either way I'm not worried about it since it will be refunded.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good point. The $100 is refunded after the order is placed. But has anyone heard of ordering a bronco with a zero dollar deposit!?

A homeless man can order a bronco with this sales guy.
Yes.

OP
OP
Sweetooth710

Sweetooth710

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting how these deposits range from 0-2000 dollars. Appreciate the feedback from everyone.

I’m switching dealers because my initial dealer seemed shady in a multitude of ways and also wants a $500 non-refundable deposit.

I now have two orders and will take either an A51 or eruption green badlands and let the dealer markup whichever one is delivered 2nd. Now the waiting game… :rolleyes:
Sponsored