First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hoping to get some advice. I was allocated a 2022 Bronco Raptor from Ford. Went to place order from my dealer and was slapped with a $25k mark up. I know this is the way of the world right now, but I’m not willing to pay that much. Held onto open order, but did not place. I get an email from Ford last week saying “congrats on your Bronco Raptor order”. I did not place order. Nor have I ever set foot in my dealership (Empire Ford of Huntington). I stopped by there on Friday and the GM came clean to me that he placed order with the intent to sell. I’m furious. Waited almost two years for this build with a rez from 7/14/2020. I’ve spoken to Ford countless times and have opened numerous cases. From those in the know, is there anything I can do here or am I screwed? Ford will not let me move order to another dealer. My current dealer willing to let me move, but I think it’s complete lip service.
Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is my nightmare. Sorry man. I think you nailed it when you said "way of the world right now"

These dealers are being scum bags, yet they are moving these things at that crazy mark up.

I'm still waiting for my original order (badlands loaded)

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you just 99 your order and sit on it at least so it doesn't get scheduled in the meantime? It will probably cost you your Raptor but at least you could get a regular Bronco ordered. Folks really need to do their due diligence when selecting a dealer and get things in writing.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There was deadlines etc to place place orders. You can't hold onto reservations forever. It will be Bronco year 3 soon.

OP
OP

Duff631

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can you just 99 your order and sit on it at least so it doesn't get scheduled in the meantime? Folks really need to do their due diligence when selecting a dealer and get things in writing.
My dealer has placed my order in 99 status. However, based on every interaction I’ve ever had with him, I have zero faith he won’t place the order without my consent. Ford HQ unwilling to help me out or communicate a resolve.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Do you/ Did you have a RSVP for a regular Bronco?

The dealer will not sit on a Raptor because you don't want to pay the ADM. Eventually they will spec and order without your input.

OP
OP

Duff631

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But @Ford Motor Company is against markups right?
Again. Lip service. They’re siding with their independent dealers and not with their customers. I expected a mark up, but not $25k over (after initially being told $40k over). Cool truck, but it isn’t worth that.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Again. Lip service. They’re siding with their independent dealers and not with their customers. I expected a mark up, but not $25k over (after initially being told $40k over). Cool truck, but it isn’t worth that.
Problem is, some of your fellow Bronco buyers ARE willing to pay that much. Unfortunately that's the Bronco scene right now, those people and their impact on your situation.

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Won't help in this particular situation but Insane inflation, quickly rising rates and a settling of home values will be bringing this sh!t to an end. The dealer's days of stealing from potential buyers is coming to an end.

Ford Bronco Dealer Taking My Raptor Allocation After Asking $25k ADM Markup c867744b-d815-4be3-892f-dc67db9e7fc8_text

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But @Ford Motor Company is against markups right?
Ford is against it, but ultimately can't do anything about it. Dealers are independent businesses, so Ford cannot dictate what dealers ultimately charge for their vehicles.

What they can do is try to protect us as the consumer against bad business practices. As in, you can't sign a pricing agreement with a customer for a $60,000 vehicle, the vehicle gets built, and then the dealer turns around and charges $85,000 once the vehicle arrives. That is explicitly against the dealer agreement.

In this situation, it sounds like the dealer was up-front about the cost from the beginning. In addition, the Raptor allocation is awarded to the dealer, not the customer. Ford was just giving long-time reservation holders "first-dibs" at placing an order. But if the customer does not place an order (or switches to a different dealer) the dealer will still receive that Raptor allocation and they are going to submit an order for that allocation before the deadline regardless.

Sucks, but that's the world we live in.

Last edited:

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Were you a golden ticket winner? The deadline to convert to a Raptor was months ago. Unfortunately refused or unclaimed allocations were turned over to the dealer to do what they wanted to with. It sucks but you should have acted sooner

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Were you a golden ticket winner? The deadline to convert to a Raptor was months ago. Unfortunately refused or unclaimed allocations were turned over to the dealer to do what they wanted to with. It sucks but you should have acted sooner
I was going to say this, there was no option to 99 a Raptor conversion or a new order, the only way you could do it was keep your current order at 99 if you had one that was set by Ford for the conversion period. Ford spelled this process out, if the customer did not order it, it went back to the dealer to do whatever they wanted with it.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hoping to get some advice. I was allocated a 2022 Bronco Raptor from Ford. Went to place order from my dealer and was slapped with a $25k mark up. I know this is the way of the world right now, but I’m not willing to pay that much. Held onto open order, but did not place. I get an email from Ford last week saying “congrats on your Bronco Raptor order”. I did not place order. Nor have I ever set foot in my dealership (Empire Ford of Huntington). I stopped by there on Friday and the GM came clean to me that he placed order with the intent to sell. I’m furious. Waited almost two years for this build with a rez from 7/14/2020. I’ve spoken to Ford countless times and have opened numerous cases. From those in the know, is there anything I can do here or am I screwed? Ford will not let me move order to another dealer. My current dealer willing to let me move, but I think it’s complete lip service.
So were you a GT holder? This is a problem and you need to escalate to Ford. If the dealer takes delivery and sells your Raptor allocation, they have also taken your early reservation.

Oh - you didn’t convert your order before March 28th? You may have vacated your Raptor allocation.

Ford Bronco Dealer Taking My Raptor Allocation After Asking $25k ADM Markup 6E6AE0F4-60A3-477F-969D-0849B291E95B

In which case the communication to the dealer is they still get the allocation and should try to prioritize getting it to an unfulfilled early reservation. (Which we all know means they can do whatever they want.)
Sponsored