First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You say it's "you allocation". But technically it's the dealer's allocation from Ford. Ford give dealers allocations. If you reserved/order a car from a dealer; they are giving you one of their allocations.
The dealer would never have received this allocation if it wasn’t for my early reservation. Period. It would have been one less Raptor for them.
Sponsored

4XMORE

First Edition
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Probably because there’s no indemnification to be had, regardless of I-lawyers beliefs
You’re just not hanging around creative enough attorneys. You don’t have to win… you just have to settle out ahead 👍

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The dealer would never have received this allocation if it wasn’t for my early reservation. Period. It would have been one less Raptor for them.
That isn't necessarily true. We don't know how Ford passed the GT out exactly. It could have been dealers were awarded X number of allocations then those were "pre-selected" to go to hand raisers. That allocation could very well have gone to a different order at the same dealership if you weren't there.

I'm not saying anything is right just let's not throw things out there that can't be confirmed.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hoping to get some advice. I was allocated a 2022 Bronco Raptor from Ford. Went to place order from my dealer and was slapped with a $25k mark up. I know this is the way of the world right now, but I’m not willing to pay that much. Held onto open order, but did not place. I get an email from Ford last week saying “congrats on your Bronco Raptor order”. I did not place order. Nor have I ever set foot in my dealership (Empire Ford of Huntington). I stopped by there on Friday and the GM came clean to me that he placed order with the intent to sell. I’m furious. Waited almost two years for this build with a rez from 7/14/2020. I’ve spoken to Ford countless times and have opened numerous cases. From those in the know, is there anything I can do here or am I screwed? Ford will not let me move order to another dealer. My current dealer willing to let me move, but I think it’s complete lip service.
I may be wrong here, but it was my understanding was that any Raptor allocations that were not converted, were the dealerships to do with what they wanted.

Ford was also explicit that it was up to GT winners to negotiate the final sales price for the Raptor with the dealership. The knew huge markups were in coming.

Ford also made it clear that Raptor allocations/reservations could not be switched to a different dealership.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You’re just not hanging around creative enough attorneys. You don’t have to win… you just have to settle out ahead 👍
Not to point out the obvious. But Settling out ahead means getting your $100 reservation fee back. Not sure any creative lawyer wants that case.
Sponsored