Sponsored

Dealer told me low number of reservations...

AMK610

Big Bend
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RAM 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Talked to my dealer yesterday, salesman said that I’m the only customer that has been asking them questions about the bronco. He also then said that they only have 4 reservations total.
This made me think.... should I transfer my reservation to a bigger dealer in hopes to be allocated my bronco sooner? I know the algorithm is quite confusing, but just curious what you guys and gals think. The dealer is located in PA, north of a suburban area. Less than 2 hours from philly
Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What kind of deal are they offering?? MSRP?

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If a dealer has 1000 reservations and your dealer has 1 , you might actually get it a lot sooner . It's going to be interesting to see how some of this plays out .

Sponsored

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would suggest trying to work a deal with them. they want to sell a Bronco, they need to get to invoice on the the pricing at the very least.
Get it in writing from the manager.
If they stay on MSRP, find a dealer that will get the price right.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If a dealer has 1000 reservations and your dealer has 1 , you might actually get it a lot sooner . It's going to be interesting to see how some of this plays out .
This is what I'm thinking and hoping. My dealer has four as well. Two of those are, at the earliest, August reservations. I feel confident I'll get my late-July-reservation Bronco in a timely manner.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Talked to my dealer yesterday, salesman said that I’m the only customer that has been asking them questions about the bronco. He also then said that they only have 4 reservations total.
This made me think.... should I transfer my reservation to a bigger dealer in hopes to be allocated my bronco sooner? I know the algorithm is quite confusing, but just curious what you guys and gals think. The dealer is located in PA, north of a suburban area. Less than 2 hours from philly
Ask them where your timestamp is relative to the other 3 reservation holders. If you're first or second..you're probably good...3rd or 4th, might want to switch dealers to one who gets allocations on the back half of the formula (sales and competitve registrations) to hedge a little bit unless you're getting a smoking deal.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@AMK610 IF you switch, make sure that you understand what the term "allocation" means as well as where it plays into "reservation" and "order conversion". I would almost not recommend a search of this forum for those definitions due to the plethora of information/misinformation. Rather, I would suggest reaching out directly to the dealer representatives on this site via DM to get their definition of those terms.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone is obsessed with going to giant dealers, yea they get bigger allocation but if they have 1,000 reservations do you really think you will get it sooner? A small dealer like that may have less allocation but they defiantly will be allocated the 4 reservations they have. I would stay there. I have mine reserved at a small local dealer. I am number 11 on there reservation list so i think I have the best shot at getting it sooner from them. Also these smaller dealers often can push their reps to get allocation on orders where a bigger dealer wont care and not bother to get your order placed as soon as possible since they have so many. Especially if you play the "im local and would like to keep it local card" I dunno just my opinion

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is similar to sitting in stop and go traffic and you jump in the other lane because it seems like it’s going faster, and then you end up a quarter mile behind the people you were once in front of.
Just turn on the radio and relax :)

I would say there are too many unknowns. If you are happy with your dealership, then stick with them.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't know what the algorithm actually is, how it processes the inputs, what the output will be, or even what the inputs are for any specific dealer.

All the discussions around it, and what it means for a large dealer vs small dealer, is speculation.

I'm operating under the presumption that every reservation holder will get their Bronco eventually.... why on earth would Ford not sell a Bronco to someone who already wants one in favor of sending one to sit on a lot somewhere just in case someone will want one?

Chose your dealer based on what price they're giving you and how you feel about giving them your money (and what type of service they are giving you in return).

If you have an early reservation, you'll get your bronco earlier than if you have a late reservation.... irrespective of what dealer you purchase through.

$0.02

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bergey's in Lansdale or Ambler Pa is offering $500 off of MSRP to Bronco 6g members!

Or if you are willing to drive to NY, Brewster is at invoice. Leonardtown in Md is another offering discounts.