Sponsored

Dealer told me low number of reservations...

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am staying local and supporting my local dealer. I have it in writing no Dealer markup. Great communication with Sales Staff. I would rather be 1 of 60 reservations than 1 of thousands/hundreds. I forsee some issues with the latter but we all make our choices.
Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Covid, Layoffs, Delays and just the after effects of 2020 .. all combined I can see alot of people cancelling if not already canceled ..

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going with a very small dealership. Their entire inventory right now is just 27 vehicles. :)

I reserved on 15 July, so it will be interesting to see when I actually get it.
Your profile says CO Springs, I can't even recall the last time I drove past a dealership in any state that only had 27 vehicles in inventory lol.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My first dealership had over 600 reservations. I changed from them. Not because the number but the guy didn't sound like he cared too much about anything. It just gave me the vibe of "nothing but a number." Recently found out they have some really nice mustangs on the lot.....marked +30k or more over MSRP. Makes me think they would do the same with Broncos.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The question I would ask, is if they have gotten any of the premium vehicles in the past? Raptors, GT350, GT500, etc

my town is not large, but my local dealer is a premium dealer and also sells Roush tuned Mustangs. If your dealer has good relations with Ford, you may be ok, as they would not have any problems with allocation.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Talked to my dealer yesterday, salesman said that Iā€™m the only customer that has been asking them questions about the bronco. He also then said that they only have 4 reservations total.
This made me think.... should I transfer my reservation to a bigger dealer in hopes to be allocated my bronco sooner? I know the algorithm is quite confusing, but just curious what you guys and gals think. The dealer is located in PA, north of a suburban area. Less than 2 hours from philly
The number of orders a dealer will have should not affect when you get your Bronco. They will be delivered in roughly time stamp order adjusted for batching similar trims and other production efficiencies.

If you have a later reservation, you may get a 22 MY Bronco in which case production will be split between orders and dealer stock. It is this dealer stock that is affected by allocation algorithms. You should still get your Bronco in time stamp order relative to other order holders, but order deliveries may slow a bit and there may be stock available at dealers.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The number of orders a dealer will have should not affect when you get your Bronco. They will be delivered in roughly time stamp order adjusted for batching similar trims and other production efficiencies.

If you have a later reservation, you may get a 22 MY Bronco in which case production will be split between orders and dealer stock. It is this dealer stock that is affected by allocation algorithms. You should still get your Bronco in time stamp order relative to other order holders, but order deliveries may slow a bit and there may be stock available at dealers.
That is not true anymore; none of it. Ford changed it. There is a formula that will decide how may allocations a dealer gets to fill reservations. The formula favors bigger dealers. (50% orders converted from reservations / 50% prior SUV sales and competitive registrations in their local market). Some people donā€™t want to believe it...but the dealer memo lays it out. Dealers will get an estimate of their allocation (how many of their reservations they will be able to fill) prior to the order banks opening, and will get their actual allocation number for MY21 (all are reservation orders) when reservation ordering closes.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always take the tag off and keep it when you sell a vehicle.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your profile says CO Springs, I can't even recall the last time I drove past a dealership in any state that only had 27 vehicles in inventory lol.
I'd say my local dealer has about 30 or less new Ford vehicles on their lot. Small county of 13,000 total population with one Ford dealership in the County. I'm sure the dealer has just a few Bronco reservations. I got an email from the Bronco salesman about 15 minutes after I reserved. LOL

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is not true anymore; none of it. Ford changed it. There is a formula that will decide how may allocations a dealer gets to fill reservations. The formula favors bigger dealers. (50% orders converted from reservations / 50% prior SUV sales and competitive registrations in their local market). Some people donā€™t want to believe it...but the dealer memo lays it out. Dealers will get an estimate of their allocation (how many of their reservations they will be able to fill) prior to the order banks opening, and will get their actual allocation number for MY21 (all are reservation orders) when reservation ordering closes.
What you say makes no sense and is not true. If it were true, a lot of early reservation holders that convert to orders might not get a Bronco. There is no way in hell that's going to happen.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What you say makes no sense and is not true. If it were true, a lot of early reservation holders that convert to orders might not get a Bronco. There is no way in hell that's going to happen.
Believe what you want to believe. If you want to live in la-la land, and say ā€œno way in hell itā€™s going to happenā€, just because you believe it to be true, then have at it. But donā€™t spew your opinion as fact. The facts are in black and white to the dealers. Written. Clear. RESERVATION ORDERS WILL BE ALLOCATED to all dealers based on a proportional formula, one element of which is the number of reservations converted to orders.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like we got another reservation/allocation thread brewing.

Ford Bronco Dealer told me low number of reservations... 1606490515069

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like we got another reservation/allocation thread brewing.

Ford Bronco Dealer told me low number of reservations... 1606490515069
I wonder if there is a "Definitions" page somewhere.

1b23baabe4682f8939e9a55cb9057375c178dc2a&rid=giphy.gif
Sponsored