Sponsored

Dealer told me that Ford doesn’t allow dealerships to advertise below invoice pricing.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As @DealerInsider noted, the insinuation is not true. That said, it is a totally different thing to "advertise" than to sell. I have worked for three of the largest tech firms in my past, and they had marketing funds that were available to pay for advertising, with the caveat that those ads could only feature "Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) - usually "list" price. It is entirely legal in this country to sell the product to customers at whatever price you want - and if it means you are losing money on it, so be it. That cannot last forever and will self-correct. (just make sure you get all the parts you were supposed to).

Interesting side-note on items that are inexpensive to ship: For high value items like some electronics, it is often currency disparities or foreign market pricing that the old "gray-marketers" used to sell you a product that they acquired from overseas for a lower price. Often you could tell by the packaging or the manuals and they would not be covered under regional warranties. I have seen this with even detergent in small stores. This is all aside from the products that "fell off a truck", so to speak.. ;)
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wasn’t certain. That blows my mind. I have a hard time getting money off poor sellers, nevermind the new IT car. Why would any dealer budge when they can’t even fill all reservations?
Simple solution, for the most part dealers in MA are....... Short sighted. There are many traveling New England folks either going South or going West. "C'mon man!"

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wasn’t certain. That blows my mind. I have a hard time getting money off poor sellers, nevermind the new IT car. Why would any dealer budge when they can’t even fill all reservations?
I think it's that, there's a small pie. And the only way for a dealership to get more of that pie, is to offer these incentives.

Fully knowing many people will cancel, change their mind, etc. But if you have enough customers transfer over then it can offset the cancels

It's kinda like a squirrel stashing away nuts for the winter. He's gonna forget where half those nuts are. But due to that, its in his best interest to grab as many nuts as he can

In this example, we are the nuts 🥴

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesus

Sponsored
OP
OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, I reached out to Zach. We’ll see how this goes... Thanks for the replies!

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll tell you how it's gonna go. 1k under invoice. 1300 under if you have x plan. Invoice pricing on all accessories. Smooth and straightforward process with no runaround. Simple savings.

Auto Paint

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Platinum 2020 Volvo XC60 T6R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Simple solution, for the most part dealers in MA are....... Short sighted. There are many traveling New England folks either going South or going West. "C'mon man!"
Interesting, because one of the best places in the country East of the Mississippi to buy a new BMW or Volvo is MA through a certain broker who lives there. My wife's Volvo was shipped from MA to GA because of such deals.

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To the original dealer who told you that, one of my favorite vines (RIP)

tenor (5).gif

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are selling under invoice to get volume. Not only will they get a volume bonus for selling the most amount of Broncos in 2021, but Ford will increase their allocation for future Broncos and other vehicles like F-150's, Expeditions, etc. This will basically allow them to stock more vehicles and harder to get vehicles, which in turn increase the overall dealer margins per vehicle as well as moving them to a different tier for future bonuses.

Any dealer who is doing under invoice deals is basically leveraging the hype of a vehicle to make their dealership bigger. It's a long-term move, but frankly a really smart one.

Sponsored

3track

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460 | Former Broncos: '73, '91
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you decide to transfer, might want to checkout the Granger Colorado Group Buy thread. Lots of good info. Post in there when you’re ready and @ColoradoGuy can get you added to the private message group where we‘re coordinating shipping, etc.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a neighbor that is above a district sales manager for Hyundai. He has a say in sales strategy for Hyundai and Genesis. I was telling him about the Bronco buyers group I'm in and the deal that was worked out for us. He almost started taking notes. Giving the power to the customer was starting to really make his sales brain churn. He thought it was amazing. I asked about what his large dealers would think if they didn't have protection from a group of buyers moving to a smaller dealership. His response "they need to change"...He's going to bring up buyers group at national sales call, so no; Ford probably isn't upset about below invoice... probably not upset about the possibility of increased sales and excitement either.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switching to Granger is ALWAYS the correct answer.
NO! Unless your order is after August 17th, otherwise it is the wrong answer and I’m going to have to ask you to stop. 😂

Edit: I should probably add Granger is great and using them is a good idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you decide to transfer, might want to checkout the Granger Colorado Group Buy thread. Lots of good info. Post in there when you’re ready and @ColoradoGuy can get you added to the private message group where we‘re coordinating shipping, etc.
Thanks for that tip. In scatting with Zach, I’ll create a second reservation this weekend.
Sponsored