First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj and cx-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I converted my order 4/7. I was way way way late to the game for my bronco (seriously have been under a rock for like 2 years and didn't know it was coming back until 3/31/21 when I put in my reservation (officially 4/1/21).

I asked dealer about conversion and they said they would do it. Specifically they said "a new window has opened up for orders." This was on 4/7/21 so I ran up there and built my bronco. I had to put down $1000 for the order, which I had expected. They confirmed it would be the MY22. We went through the 2021 build and price. That should've been my first red flag because why would we go through and "order" if it was going to be the 22? My second red flag was when they gave me a price sheet for a car based on the MY21 when the MY22 doesn't have a firm release date yet...

So salesman said they were going to email me some documents to look over and sign on Wednesday but haven't received them yet. I was hoping the documents would provide some clarification. I reached out to them yesterday (Thursday) and no response. I'm just feeling weird about the whole situation. I'm going to call again today (Friday) but is there any reason for them to take the money for the order if they aren't able to order it? Those that did 99-do not build: I didn't see that everyone put down money beyond the $100 reservation. My reservation was after 3/19/21 so... Weird right?
Sponsored

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, weird. I can't sort out whether actual order conversions were allowed after 3/19 or if you could just mod an existing conversion until today, but I thought you could only mod an existing conversion.

What that means is that your dealer took your $1000 to be applied to a MY22 and just let you tool around with the B&P knowing you would likely change it when the MY22 B&P was released...like many of us who know we're being pushed to 22 would do anyway.

I guess I would've found another dealer who'd just let you do the $100 reservation charge, I can't see why anyone would give them more when you could make that money work for you instead. Most dealers I'm aware of, including mine here in PHX (Bell Ford), didn't ask for anything more than that reservation fee.

OP
OP
C.breakli

C.breakli

Outer Banks
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj and cx-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well damn. I had my reservation with Babbitt Ford in Flagstaff and also one at Bell Ford. Bell Ford said they'd convert to order so when I told the Flagstaff dealership here, they jumped on it and said they would too. Kinda wish I'd have stayed with Bell Ford now. I just didn't want to have to drive back and forth to Phoenix. Thanks for your input. Really confirms my suspicions. I may try to switch to Bell Ford, will probably have to eat that $1000 though.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I may try to switch to Bell Ford, will probably have to eat that $1000 though.
Gosh I hope not. I'd ask for your money back, you've changed your mind. Apparently you can switch dealerships by calling Ford directly, at least you could. I'm not sure how things work after the MY21 conversion process timeline.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The paperwork they're sending is probably the build sheet they did for you, to confirm your options. A great many of us put in MY21 order conversions with the expectation that we'd probably end up with MY22.

MY22 ordering will open up later this year and you'll have the opportunity to change your order at that point to accomodate any new MY22 options.

Likely, your dealer wanted to get you locked in with them now. You've now got $1000 worth of skin in the game with that dealership. Deposits are dealer specific. Some have asked for even more than $1000, others haven't asked for anything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
C.breakli

C.breakli

Outer Banks
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj and cx-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! I just reached out again to see what's up. Glad to know that updates for MY22 are going to happen. Going to make sure they notify me when it's time for that.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So. The order banks for 2021 are actually still open. The dealers are just being lazy. They don't want to put the order in because they know the order is very likely to be pushed to 2022 and they will have to re-do it.

I got mad, called Earnhardt, and threatened to take my business out of state. Magically I had an order conversion within 24 hours.

Nobody knows when the 2022 order bank will open. Probably September.

I know this thread is 3 weeks old. But the OP should lean on his dealer to make the conversion.

OP
OP
C.breakli

C.breakli

Outer Banks
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj and cx-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So. The order banks for 2021 are actually still open. The dealers are just being lazy. They don't want to put the order in because they know the order is very likely to be pushed to 2022 and they will have to re-do it.

I got mad, called Earnhardt, and threatened to take my business out of state. Magically I had an order conversion within 24 hours.

Nobody knows when the 2022 order bank will open. Probably September.

I know this thread is 3 weeks old. But the OP should lean on his dealer to make the conversion.
I actually did exactly that. Got it converted because I called a Phoenix dealership to get better information. Order was confirmed on the website the next day.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gosh I hope not. I'd ask for your money back, you've changed your mind. Apparently you can switch dealerships by calling Ford directly, at least you could. I'm not sure how things work after the MY21 conversion process timeline.
Yeah good question: how can a dealer take a $1000 deposit for an order they didn’t put in the system, and say that deposit isn’t refundable?

@C.breakli, you need to clarify with the dealer: are they putting your order into the system, and what will the priority code be?

The dealer could be doing three things:
1)putting your order in the system for a MY21 with a priority of 10-19. (In this case it may be pulled for 2021, but most likely will not make the 21 MY, and have to be reentered when the MY 22 order banks open.)

2) putting your order in the system for a MY21 with a priority of 99. (In this case it will not be scheduled for 2021, and will have to be reentered when the MY 22 order banks open.)

3) waiting for the MY 22 order banks to open later this year because if they did enter it into the 2021 order bank, they’ll most likely have to reenter it later anyway.

All three are reasonable. Just ask which approach they are taking, and maybe ask for deposit refund until the order is converted into the MY22 order bank.

OP
OP
C.breakli

C.breakli

Outer Banks
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj and cx-5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you so much! I will call tomorrow and ask. First car purchase so I really appreciate the information.
Sponsored