Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Right?!

I wouldn’t walk away. It’s yours. Draw this out. They can’t sell it until you walk away.

make them sell at msrp.

take days, weeks, months. Don’t let them get away with it. Eventually they will want to close it out and get it out of inventory.
You should really explore this option. Does anyone have an idea how long he can draw this out?
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not flipping mine so I didn’t want to over pay
Honestly, I can't imagine not flipping an FE. It's an artificial limited edition. There's nothing on an FE you can't get on a Sas Badlands 2.7 lux except one color. It's not like it's a GT350 where it has a special engine. It's all the same bits in a slightly different package. Is that really worth 40k to you? Having a different badge?

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think if you decline they really dont have any reason to hold on to it. If a dealer receives one without a customer attached to it, by all means let the market dictate what it can be sold for. If its a customers they should honor the MSRP, but they are not held to this expectation if it is not in writing.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Right? I’m not sure we’ve heard anyone try it yet?
I’m sure Ford would like to hear about a dealer selling an FE out from under a reservation holder during “negotiations “ ;)
I like this idea they want to add ADM then string out the negotiations but who knows what they will do with your order in the meantime probably give test drives and let the lot lizards make lunch runs lol

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like this idea they want to add ADM then string out the negotiations but who knows what they will do with your order in the meantime probably give test drives and let the lot lizards make lunch runs lol
Lot lizard lol!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kingexporter

Kingexporter

First Edition
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think if you decline they really dont have any reason to hold on to it. If a dealer receives one without a customer attached to it, by all means let the market dictate what it can be sold for. If its a customers they should honor the MSRP, but they are not held to this expectation if it is not in writing.
Exactly my thought. For us that ordered them they should thank us not act like they’re doing us a favor.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yeah they wanted to tack on $10K I said F off. They owe me money for giving them the biz so we’re now at $5K but nothing signed yet by me. My delivery date is 10/17 so I’m looking to see what anyone has done to get around it. I’m not flipping mine so I didn’t want to over pay and a year later they have changed reps like three times so the chain of communication is broken and now they want to play games.
$5K? Take the deal and be happy. They hope you turn it down so they can mark it up $30K. Haven't you seen the prices actually being paid for FEs?

OP
OP
Kingexporter

Kingexporter

First Edition
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
$5K? Take the deal and be happy. They hope you turn it down so they can mark it up $30K. Haven't you seen the prices actually being paid for FEs?
Oh for sure I’ve seen the resell pricing but for me it was the principal that those of us who ordered the vehicles shouldn’t be hit after the fact right before we take delivery with a surprise premium. I’ll fight it until the end lol. I appreciate your feedback!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone had to deal with a dealer wanting to upcharge any amount over sticker on their order? My first edition is finally built and arriving in a couple weeks (so they say) and dealer wants me to pay over sticker.. this wasn’t ever in the discussions last year so I called Ford and they say it’s up to dealer what they charge. I negotiated them down by 50% of the amount as of now but I think it’s bullshit.

We chose our dealerships and gave them the business for any of us who ordered so long ago.
Let me know how you got around it if so.

Thanks in advance!
It is wrong, most dealers have more honor than that with regard to customer special orders. On refused orders that become part of dealer stock, like yours will be if you refuse it, any price that people will pay is fair game. Why not publish their name and fraud in your town if you end up paying over your agreed invoice. Did you see and approve a DORA or similar price sheet, when you were asked to approve the order? File a complaint with BBB and state consumer fraud department.

Prairie Boy

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-450 King Ranch, 2017 F-350 waiting on 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been waiting for a 4 door Black Badlands with a 7 speed Manual since the beginning of August.
Today I drove buy one of our local dealers and they had a 4 door Grey Badlands with the 7 speed manual and the same package as I've been waiting from from Calgary.
My wife and I go in and talk to the sales department they bring us in there office and proceed to tell us the all Broncos are $5000.00 over stock price.
I stood up and said I'm not paying a penny over sticker price.
They had me wait 5 minutes then told me they could sell it to me for MSRP.
I said no thank you, if you're greasy now you likely be greasy if I have issues with my Bronco.

The dealership trying to charge $5000.00 over sticker is Cam Clark Ford In Red Deer Alberta Canada.

I'll wait for the original deal with the first stand up dealer ship I talked to.
Once I have a Bronco in my driveway and everything is as it should be I'll definitely name the dealership who has been slow but honest through this whole ordeal.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Danny you're not in that boat alone brother. Quite a few here that didn't have their pricing in writing, and signed have been gouged by their dealer. They also got the same reply for Ford. Sadly your dealer seems to be ones of those crooks that know if you don't take the Bronco someone else will buy it at full blown dealer ADM. I wish I had better news for you, but there just isn't any. Good luck, and keep negotiating. You may be able to get them down some more. If not, start asking for little things for free like floor mats, oils changes, extended warranty, etc. to help lower you actual costs over time
Let the Dealership know that you filing complaints with and are sending letters to the State Attorney General, the BBB and Chamber of Commerce along with all the emails and text messages stating that you would be paying MSRP, unless they honor the agreed pricing that you have documentation of in your correspondence. It does not have to be signed as their correspondence thru your emails and text messages are enough to file the complaints.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right?!

I wouldn’t walk away. It’s yours. Draw this out. They can’t sell it until you walk away.

make them sell at msrp.

take days, weeks, months. Don’t let them get away with it. Eventually they will want to close it out and get it out of inventory.
I doubt that the dealer has to wait indefinitely for a customer whose order had been delivered and does nothing to execute the purchase. There is probably a time limit involved.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Honestly, I can't imagine not flipping an FE. It's an artificial limited edition. There's nothing on an FE you can't get on a Sas Badlands 2.7 lux except one color. It's not like it's a GT350 where it has a special engine. It's all the same bits in a slightly different package. Is that really worth 40k to you? Having a different badge?
That engine is so special you end up needing 2/3 of them because they like to spin the main.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Oh for sure I’ve seen the resell pricing but for me it was the principal that those of us who ordered the vehicles shouldn’t be hit after the fact right before we take delivery with a surprise premium. I’ll fight it until the end lol. I appreciate your feedback!
What dealer? Also, you do have some other leverage. Between this group, and some of the Facebook groups, you have 60,000 connections. Do they really want that much bad publicity?

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s been such a long time since my day 1 first 10 minute reservation was converted to an order. Lots of things have changes with my dealership and sales team since I ordered in January. My salesman and GSM that I have a signed MSRP order sheet with have both moved on to different dealerships. My dealership (Spradley Barr, which owned several Ford , Lincoln dealerships in S. Wyoming, N. Colorado) has sold their ownership recently.

I plan on reordering my 2dr BL around 15 Oct and I’ll request a signed Order sheet, like I have for 2021, but with new ownership, GSM, and sales team I’m not sure what to expect. I’ll raise hell and walk if the deal isn’t right since we were guaranteed MY21 Pricing by Ford….but I’ll see how it goes. Are we expected to renegotiate last years deal and new signed agreements? What if they don’t play ball? How hard would it be to move to a new dealership if they don’t honor last years signed agreements?

I bought an abandoned order 4dr bb, so I’m in a good position with a bird in hand and one in the bush, so to speak, but I don’t want the dealership to try and push me off my order so that they can charge a significant ADM to someone off the street if I tell them to stick it and walk. It seems there’s an incentive to create that situation and very little repercussions for it, since Ford consistently disassociates themselves from the process and says the price is between the dealer and the buyer.

Guess I’ll find out how the cookie crumbles in a couple weeks.
Sponsored

Last edited: