Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Maybe you should check with them first - my understanding from our dealer here in NY was they were doing this to get some of the heavy lifting out of the way and then sit down with the reservation holder to finalize configuration.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you should check with them first - my understanding from our dealer here in NY was they were doing this to get some of the heavy lifting out of the way and then sit down with the reservation holder to finalize configuration.
Yeah, but if he decided he didn't want to order now, he's screwed. Cancelling your order takes you out of the reservation queue.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, but if he decided he didn't want to order now, he's screwed. Cancelling your order takes you out of the reservation queue.
What difference does it make other than the deposit?? It's not being built and can be changed up until it hits the line. They can also "manually" code it for 22 even if he doesn't have a late avail option. If he no longer wants it - doesn't matter if he gets bounced from the queue. The way the post read was that the dealer "stole" his reservation for themselves - but maybe I read into that too much. If the plan was to xfer to another dealer offering a deal - then yeah I'd be pissed - but probably should've pulled the trigger by now as it sounds there was a trust issue with current dealer all along.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you have an idiot dealer that is doing that, look elsewhere.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What difference does it make other than the deposit?? It's not being built and can be changed up until it hits the line. They can also "manually" code it for 22 even if he doesn't have a late avail option.
Because your dealer just locked you out of changing dealers if they don't negotiate to a price your happy with.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How would you know if your dealer used your reservation? Does it show on your Ford account?

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What difference does it make other than the deposit?? It's not being built and can be changed up until it hits the line. They can also "manually" code it for 22 even if he doesn't have a late avail option. If he no longer wants it - doesn't matter if he gets bounced from the queue. The way the post read was that the dealer "stole" his reservation for themselves - but maybe I read into that too much.
The difference is this: It's in the order banks NOW.

If the order is redacted, it's canceled, it takes it out of the banks and out of reservation time stamp.

If he wanted to place his order in March, for any reason, it would still be time stamped. He wouldn't lose his place in line.

The dealership has made it impossible for him to change dealerships, and they have effectively stolen his order out from under him if he decides he doesn't want to do business with them.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Because your dealer just locked you out of changing dealers if they don't negotiate to a price your happy with.
We have a B6G group deal at invoice, capped doc fee and lifetime powertrain warranty and 80 of us xferred to this dealer because of that - not an idiot dealer at all.

Sponsored

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's just what I was thinking, how can it be without his knowledge if he is posting about it? :unsure:
You can look in your Ford account and it will say that it's an in store order.

Greg Helmick

Big Bend
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

same thing at Leonardtown, NayNay did all the heavy lifting for her customers and now is calling each reservation holder to go through the build, pricing and then will submit the order to Ford. If at that time, we decide to cancel (i know who would cancel now) we still have that option. Although NayNay communicated this to all her reservation holders.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

same thing at Leonardtown, NayNay did all the heavy lifting for her customers and now is calling each reservation holder to go through the build, pricing and then will submit the order to Ford. If at that time, we decide to cancel (i know who would cancel now) we still have that option. Although NayNay communicated this to all her reservation holders.
That's a different situation, @NayNay let her customers know beforehand that this was going to be the case, I'm sure.

There's a huge difference between what NayNay is doing at Leornardtown and what this dealer has potentially done. It all remains to be seen, regardless. Just hope OP can get it sorted out.
Sponsored