Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I’m glad that I have access to Z-plan because my reservation was converted to an order as well. I was not aware this was going to happen, but I did text my salesman yesterday that I was ready to place my order and would wait for them to reach out when they were ready. I have no issues staying with this dealer because my family, friends, and myself have a good relationship, but if I had wanted to make a change that is now locked, it would be pretty upsetting.

I recommend everyone take a look at their Ford accounts now. If you needed to make a trim change and now cannot, Ford will be more likely to work with you all if it becomes apparent quickly that it is a widespread problem.

Again, no issues here so far, and I am very happy with my dealership and salesman, but it makes me nervous for a lot of you.

EDIT: I got a hold of my dealer and he said it was converted because I am one of the few that is in their estimated 2021 allocation. I am okay with that! My options and accessories have now been confirmed! Now I play the waiting game.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Heavy lifting. No. Some dealers think they own the reservation.

This is either extreme incompetence or outright crookedness.

Ford needs to fix this crap ASAP. On top of all the screw-ups they have made, this takes the cake to let dealers steal the reservation. Especially since you couldn't even select the dealership you wanted in the beginning, and in many areas dealers have been unwilling to talk price or terms - many still aren't.
In the OP's case I would agree with you 100%. In the case of our group deal here in NY with Brewster, I would have to disagree. Many of us already made the transfer to them after we received our pricing agreement in writing. They also communicated to me and I in turn to the group that they were taking this approach - we have been harassing dealers in our area for months and Brewster was one of the few willing to offer anything below MSRP and they have been helpful with info and communication.

What happened to the OP sucks and the fact that Ford is saying he is SOL and it's an order is kinda BS also. If it happens to anyone else without their knowledge then yeah Ford needs to do something about it. The hope is that we are all able to order what we want and pay a fair price for that - dealers charging ADM and stealing reservations shouldn't be tolerated.

As for "owning the reservation" I think that some dealers do feel entitled if that's where it started, but if anyone is on this forum hopefully they've had a chance see that deals are out there to be had and had enough time to ponder it and make some decisions...in that instance - I don't blame a dealer for trying to lock-in WITH GOOD COMMUNICATION, no one should ever be cornered into a situation where now they are stuck and feel they've lost all leverage.

Good luck to everyone finalizing their orders and hopefully we can all get thru the process without any further delays and start enjoying our new Broncos.

DawgBronc

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, since I also live in the 706 area code, and I wasn't sure if the dealer that screwed yours up was my dealer (Akins in Winder), I decided your experience was enough to prompt me into switching dealers TODAY. I called the dealer first (again) to ask if they will match, and the answer was clear that they didn't need to match.. they had over 400 reservations and an allotment of 125. So I called Matthew at Two Rivers Ford near Nashville, and got a ton of info from him in a 10 minute phone call, and he laid out expectations. I already knew alot of it from my time on B6G, but he was thorough and helpful so I listened for anything new. I also want the MY22 so we talked about what shade of green we're each hoping for, and he explained it will probably be 2-3 weeks before he reaches out to me due to the MY21 needs that are higher priority for the moment. I called Ford Cust Svc at 800-334-4375 and was switched. VERY happy with my choice and highly recommend Two Rivers Ford! Who doesn't enjoy a 4 hour drive to Nashville!!

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, but if he decided he didn't want to order now, he's screwed. Cancelling your order takes you out of the reservation queue.
Or what if he decided to change his reservation to another dealer?

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or what if he decided to change his reservation to another dealer?
Can't do that any longer. Once the order is moved from reservation to order status it's stuck with the dealer that it's placed with. They locked him out of moving to another dealership.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Considering he is in Georgia, I'm just going to say there's been some shady stuff happening down there recently...
Uh oh we have a conspiracy theorist here

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This same thing happened to me...could not get a dealer to confirm pricing in my area so I was waiting to transfer or stay based on pricing or negotiating...got an email this afternoon saying my reservation was converted to an order, without my approval, and that they would contact me about my specific build details after I get my build date from Ford.
How can they give me a build date without knowing what I want to order...
Still wont give me pricing other than "MSRP at this time"...

Can I change my order to another dealer? I feel like I am locked to that dealer now and whatever they want to charge me I have to pay or no Bronco...
Waiting to hear back from another dealer, but might be giving Ford a call soon...this is some BS!

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This same thing happened to me...could not get a dealer to confirm pricing in my area so I was waiting to transfer or stay based on pricing or negotiating...got an email this afternoon saying my reservation was converted to an order, without my approval, and that they would contact me about my specific build details after I get my build date from Ford.
How can they give me a build date without knowing what I want to order...
Still wont give me pricing other than "MSRP at this time"...

Can I change my order to another dealer? I feel like I am locked to that dealer now and whatever they want to charge me I have to pay or no Bronco...
Waiting to hear back from another dealer, but might be giving Ford a call soon...this is some BS!
Yeah, your reservation is now an order and can no longer be moved to another dealership.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did someone yesterday told me dealers has no control and they cannot screw us? wanna apologize now.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i had high hopes for a better sales model when i saw the bronco announcement. it appears that the dealers have subverted that hope.

given that, my choice has been really above board in their communications