Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So now the dealer holds your Bronco hostage and you must pay what they ask. Only option for us is to pay or cancel?
Yes, and right now I'm kind of leaning toward cancel. My dealership confirmed on the phone that they've done it and now I can either pay their asking price or cancel, there is no negotiation. They said I'm 14 in line and they have 43 allocations.
Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called and changed dealers after I saw this thread. The dealership I transferred to called me before I could even let them know. Glad I dodged that bullet. Original dealer finally confirmed MSRP + $800 doc fees, new dealer is invoice with $100 doc fees. Sorry to those of you who got screwed after Ford gave us the impression we could switch even with the order banks open. Shady dealers certainly found a way to manipulate that.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yeah it's not that funny. I'm pretty pissed about this actually. They've completely stolen the reservation and ensured that if I want a bronco I can only buy from them now. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth for this whole thing.
sorry to hear that...yes, its messed up...i am only converting to customers i have spoken to...at least Ford has a penalty system for the dealers that just convert and dont deliver, but that doesnt help you...

give me a couple minutes, ill cancel an employee converted reservation from today and see if it goes back in the online order acceptance

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dealer called 15 minutes (10:45am January 20th) ago and TOLD me an I have an appointment at 3:30 this afternoon (January 20th) to come in and order my Bronco. I was told that if I miss this appointment my reservation will be canceled. I'm on the phone with Ford now.
For all the times I've said over 90% of car dealers are dishonest (insert your choice words here), and people pushed back on me...

I rest my case, your honor!

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Time to start flooding their social media sites, Yelp, local media and Ford with the details.
If this truly happened, it needs to go viral.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah it's not that funny. I'm pretty pissed about this actually. They've completely stolen the reservation and ensured that if I want a bronco I can only buy from them now. It leaves a really bad taste in my mouth for this whole thing.
(804)786-2071

That's your Attorney General's number. Tell 'em Squatch sent ya!

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just doublechecked with my dealer and he is very chill with me getting my order in when I know what I want. It doesn't matter to him now or March. Glad I have swapped my reservations to him.

He did confirm that once the order is in for a specific trim level that the trim level cannot be changed without cancelling the order and losing the reservation. So now I really have to decide between BD and BL.

These dealers that are forcing orders in the system without working with the customers are definitely up to a bunch of shenanigans.
Let's hope some of the car website authors pickup on this thread, write a story and the mainstream news.

We need some pressure on Ford and ACTION on Ford's part before, yet again, another Bronco launch item goes off the rails.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can't do that any longer. Once the order is moved from reservation to order status it's stuck with the dealer that it's placed with. They locked him out of moving to another dealership.
If they placed the order, how did you agree on a price?

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

sorry to hear that...yes, its messed up...i am only converting to customers i have spoken to...at least Ford has a penalty system for the dealers that just convert and dont deliver, but that doesnt help you...

give me a couple minutes, ill cancel an employee converted reservation from today and see if it goes back in the online order acceptance
I don't want to be your employee if your willing to risk my reservation to test something... Or are you one of the unscrupulous dealers that had employees make reservations to cheat around no dealer inventory ???

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Post the name of the dealer and salesman, if this actually happened to you.
Post names, email addresses and phone numbers. Don’t allow them to do this quietly and behind the scenes. ✊?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did not agree on price, I was waiting for pricing before I placed my order so I could compare different dealers...they converted my reservation without my knowledge or consent, without any agreement on price or options. They said they will do that after I get my build date from Ford, and that they are looking at MSRP "right now"...but no other details.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
That’s the point. They converted it to an order without agreeing on anything.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called and changed dealers after I saw this thread. The dealership I transferred to called me before I could even let them know. Glad I dodged that bullet. Original dealer finally confirmed MSRP + $800 doc fees, new dealer is invoice with $100 doc fees. Sorry to those of you who got screwed after Ford gave us the impression we could switch even with the order banks open. Shady dealers certainly found a way to manipulate that.
If that was to happen to me, I’d tell the dealer to fix it. If the dealer did not fix it, I’d document everything, take the vehicle when it comes in and the sue for the difference between the shady dealer and the best price you would have gotten had you been allowed to transfer. Then depending on the state you live in you may be able to triple that amount and get attorney fees as well.
in short - they have stolen your reservation and your opportunity to go elsewhere.

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, and right now I'm kind of leaning toward cancel. My dealership confirmed on the phone that they've done it and now I can either pay their asking price or cancel, there is no negotiation. They said I'm 14 in line and they have 43 allocations.
I'm in the same boat, thinking about just canceling my order. What a shit show from the start of this whole saga, spending hours refreshing the page on Day 1 to end up with a reservation that the dealer could just convert to an order without my permission. I wanted to hold onto my reservation and not convert it an order, and I am now a sucker that will be held hostage. I definitely don't want to reward the dealer for such tactics either.
Sponsored