Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well this is interesting and certainly plays into these events

Dealers need to convert all reservations to orders.
Although presumably with customers input. See attached thread from @EricAtKearnyMesaFord

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/a-point-of-contact-for-socal-buyers.3115/post-416273
**DEALER HERE**

We do and we don't. We need to convert as many as we can for allocation purposes, but converting every single one is a dumb move by those dealers. If for example you DEFINITELY want a 2022 and not a 2021, it is important that your reservation is not converted. Also, once your order is converted I do not believe you have the ability to move your reservation anymore. For anybody in my house, you can expect communication from me to go out later today with full explanation.
Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hearts in the right place but this would never work. The terms and conditions of the reservation make it clear it guarantees nothing and has no monetary value.
Well, it's transferred to an order and no longer a worthless reservation. If you can prove it was done maliciously then you might have something. The order was entered with potential terms that the customer didn't agree with and those are monetary and real even if the customer can walk away. My opinion only is that unless you could prove loss of something, either money or service that they have you. I'd start negotiating with them for terms now with threat that you'll contact the AG or at the BBB unless they make it right.

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why isn’t anyone posting the dealer information that is doing this?
Other rez holders should know.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Unless 90% of all dealers are doing this, I would say your case sucks, at least based on your anecdotal evidence. Case dismissed!
Well I guess you don't know about all the BS most dealers pull everyday on the public.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My credit card was charged on 7/13/20 for a FE reservation date of 7/14/20. The sales manager called today and left me a message saying he was going to convert my reservation to an order and there was no need to call him back. I was shocked. By the time I got off of another call, listened to that voice mail and called him back, 30 minutes had transpired and he said it was already done. He said they converted all of their FE reservation holders.

I was very upset, as we had never negotiated terms of the sale, I had never given consent to convert my reservation to an order, and had no advance warning they would do such a thing. I called back multiple times trying to get the sales manager to reverse what had been done. He finally called back and said he would call his order contact and have it reversed.

I have no idea if this will be done. If its not reversed, I will probably cancel my order and it will be many years before I buy another Ford. I am incredibly pissed off.

I feel like this is really the golden age if you are a truck guy. There are so many cool substitutes either already available, or near production now. There are plenty of other choices.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No, the $100 is fully refundable and they will gladly do so if you just cancel
You don’t want the $100. If it were that easy every dealer would just start coverting reservations - regardless of what was ordered, and charge any price they want to , and when a customer complains just offer them their 100 back. Then when it comes in they sell it for a inflated price.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I can say is WOW!, So glad I am locked in to D-Plan pricing and still want the BD. This is some scandalous crap for sure.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

should be interesting to see how this plays out if some one was holding out for items which are now delayed to MY22 such as the white MOD roof or ManSquatch

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is really a concern. I’m surprised Ford would let a dealer convert an order without a customer signature or other authorization. That seems like a lack of business controls that could bite a dealer in many ways. On the other hand, the actual transactions are between Ford and the dealer, and the dealer and you. Ford is limited on having input on the latter.

I just made a backup reservation elsewhere. Might be MY23, but at least I have a backup if my dealer starts playing games. Bottom line, until you have a written purchase agreement, you’re exposed to an unscrupulous dealer.

Joe Brony

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape :(
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

should be interesting to see how this plays out if some one was holding out for items which are now delayed to MY22 such as the white MOD roof or ManSquatch
That’s me

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This just made me change my reservation from a non-communicative dealer to one who is.
Sponsored