Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my dealer called yesterday she stated she was just checking to see if I was still interested in ordering the bronco and I said yes then she said they were just contacting everyone who made reservations 190 people to see who wanted to still order one and then next week they would contact me to place the order. I went into my Ford account and it says order placed 1/20. Hmmm so I was considering switching dealerships to whomever gave me a better deal....but does this mean I can't at all now? SNEAKY
Yes that's what it means and yes that's why they did it. I called my dealership here (also VA) and they straight up told me that's why they did it and I can either buy from them at their price or cancel the order.
Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So has anyone thought about this? Since all these dealers are using the same tactic - maybe a little contact and then converting without consent. Do you think that maybe someone at Ford told them this is acceptable? Don't you think there was some communication from Ford to do this and let them know they can do this? Kind of like giving permission and an idea?
This is not 20 plus dealers thinking and doing the same- there is a higher direction to do this.
That's possible. But the other side of the coin is also possible: A lack of communication from Ford left a loophole for dealers to slip through (and they're a notoriously slippery group of slimeballs).

The blame falling on Ford would remain the same.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Add me to the list as well.

**Note, this is NOT the Texas Group Buy dealer**

I had a Day3 reservation at 5-Star NRH that I kept there so I could walk the lot looking at colors and Sports with minimal salesperson harassment. The plan was to transfer this reserv to our TGB dealer and hold on to it for a MY22. The only reason I logged into my account this morning was somebody had started a thread that their reservation got accidentally canceled and lo and behold, that reservation shows as an in-store order. WTF.

I still have my Day1 reservation intact at our TGB dealer but this severely changes my plans and strategy.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's possible. But the other side of the coin is also possible: A lack of communication from Ford left a loophole for dealers to slip through (and they're a notoriously slippery group of slimeballs).

The blame falling on Ford would remain the same.

I doubt all dealers found the same loophole at the same time. Too much of a coincidence.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes that's what it means and yes that's why they did it. I called my dealership here (also VA) and they straight up told me that's why they did it and I can either buy from them at their price or cancel the order.
7B4DE46F-7E16-49DF-8658-5FE5C9D2ED88.png

Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let's not go off the deep end.
The order CAN be changed and I personally experienced it yesterday while at the dealer working out the config. He inadvertantly ordered a Black Diamond config I was considering & which we were discussing. I received a confirmation email from Ford within 2-3 minutes the order was placed.
It is good that everyone understands that submitted orders can still be changed for a while, so mistakes can be corrected.

However, it is also important to realize that the customer cannot change the order themselves - the change has to be made by the dealer. So if someone is being screwed by a shady dealer, the fact that the order can technically be changed doesn't necessarily help.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Add me to the list as well.

**Note, this is NOT the Texas Group Buy dealer**

I had a Day3 reservation at 5-Star NRH that I kept there so I could walk the lot looking at colors and Sports with minimal salesperson harassment. The plan was to transfer this reserv to our TGB dealer and hold on to it for a MY22. The only reason I logged into my account this morning was somebody had started a thread that their reservation got accidentally canceled and lo and behold, that reservation shows as an in-store order. WTF.

I still have my Day1 reservation intact at our TGB dealer but this severely changes my plans and strategy.
6269DE04-B079-42F7-8048-7B97F1DF1D45.png

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So has anyone thought about this? Since all these dealers are using the same tactic - maybe a little contact and then converting without consent. Do you think that maybe someone at Ford told them this is acceptable? Don't you think there was some communication from Ford to do this and let them know they can do this? Kind of like giving permission and an idea?
This is not 20 plus dealers thinking and doing the same- there is a higher direction to do this.
some of it might be monkey see monkey do with some these dealerships word travels fast in that world, I hope it gets resolved before the issue gets soo big, Ford wont be able to do much.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The only thing I could think of to fix this is to make reservation holders login to their Ford account and “approve” the order before it can be accepted by Ford as a completed order.
Please, everyone, when you tweet or contact media, please ask them to implement this idea from @Toccoa, it is outstanding!
Thanks! ? It would definitely take some work on their end to implement, but it would stop problems like this and give people another use for their Ford account.

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

NOLACPA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lurker for a while but first post - This whole scenario could be remedied by big auto companies separating from the Dealer distribution model...

Tesla has found a way to do it and I have a feeling Ford would have a higher satisfaction rating from Bronco buyers if this was just something to take care of with Ford right now instead of some potential bad actors at dealerships around the country. To be honest, I recently moved to New Orleans and was fortunate to find Matt Bowers Ford via this site. Without relationships at a dealer / referrals, it is really tough to pick a dealer and could easily see myself falling into this issue....

caseylross

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm going to list my dealer here and all the rest should do the same.

Cavalier Ford Greenbrier in Chesapeake, VA.

Also I bet numerous people dont know that their order went through because I didn't get a confirmation email. I just logged onto my Ford account and it says order placed with an order number
Sponsored