Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to list my dealer here and all the rest should do the same.

Cavalier Ford Greenbrier in Chesapeake, VA.

Also I bet numerous people dont know that their order went through because I didn't get a confirmation email. I just logged onto my Ford account and it says order placed with an order number
Agreed. Numerous. Likely hundreds, if not thousands, depending on the sizes and locations of the dealers doing this.

Some are accidental, no doubt. But it doesn't matter. Buyers should have the opportunity to lock in an agreed-upon purchase price before being told, "Oh, hey, we ordered your vehicle, you can't switch if you find a better deal, and by the way we are charging a competitive markup. Have a nice day!" If it was an accident, the customer should not be punished by losing any options they had. The source of the problem should be able to un-f*ck up whatever they f*cked up.
Sponsored

xylophone solo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes that's what it means and yes that's why they did it. I called my dealership here (also VA) and they straight up told me that's why they did it and I can either buy from them at their price or cancel the order.
Now you know why they canceled x-plan so many months ago

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, ok. That's fair. I would have liked a, we have 150 reservations, you are number 81. You probably won't get one this year. lol
But I see what you're saying.
Exactly the email I got. "We have over 170 reservations, based on current numbers/data, we have 45 allocations, you are number 53.

Then they followed up the next day with a phone call asking what I wanted to do. I like the transparency, something in short supply these days. The ball is in my court-keep my reservation, take my time deciding what to do, then make an informed decision.

They also mentioned they'd call my mid-Feb, unless I call them first, to see if I made a decision. Right now, I'm trying to weigh waiting on MY22 to hopefully get a better color option, while keeping my place in line vs pulling the trigger now, enjoy better prices (maybe), and enjoying the new Bronco sooner.

All that to say, yes there are good dealers out there.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just responded to my dealer who told me the orders had to be placed this month. I copied Mike Levine on the email. We’ll see how it goes.

deckape

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mercury cougar/ 2004 ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm going to list my dealer here and all the rest should do the same.

Cavalier Ford Greenbrier in Chesapeake, VA.

Also I bet numerous people dont know that their order went through because I didn't get a confirmation email. I just logged onto my Ford account and it says order placed with an order number
I'm sorry to hear about this.

Cavalier Ford was the dealer assigned to me the night that I ordered. Having previously dealt with this dealer, I can absolutely see them doing this. After zero contact from them (numerous emails and unreturned phone calls) I switched to Stephens.

Good luck

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hot take.

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity...

Hear me out.

From an otherwise ill-informed dealer's perspective these non-consensual conversions could seem like the logical thing to do:

1. The customer holds a reservation with them specifically. Why would they hold that reservation with them if they didn't intend to purchase from them?

2. Orders converted before the March deadline are what is being used to calculate allocation. If a dealer has hundreds (or thousands!) of reservations, it's a huge task to sit down with each customer, go over options, explain why they can't get PPF with the V6, and then physically enter them into the system... so they'd want to get through them as quickly as possible.

3. Orders can be edited/changed for a while. They wont even get to scheduling for a while, and Ford has said they will reach out and let individuals know an estimated build date and any specific item that is causing a delay. Thus, dealers are *expecting* to have to go back and edit orders once the dust settles.

4. Orders can be cancelled (and now per Mike Levine, delayed) without penalty if done before the build is scheduled... so there's no downside for the dealer to converting it now if the customer decides they didn't want it after all, or wants to wait for MY22.

With those things in mind, it would seem reasonable to a dealer that the most logical thing is just batch convert all their reservations into an order as quick as they can. Get them in before the deadline because people are going to want to / be able to edit the orders for months to come.

The rub is that so many people still have not had conversations about price and are planning to still being able to switch up until the March deadline. This is a totally reasonable thing for people to want to do... and dealerships should have anticipated this problem and done a better job communicating.... and they certainly shouldn't have ordered a customer's Bronco without input from the customer.

I would like to think that this will all get sorted out... it's just going to be a super headache, and the question is, who's going to need the Advil.

$0.02

::EDIT::

I just want to be clear that I'm offering this perspective as a possible *explanation* for some of the behavior we've seen... not as an *excuse.*

Additionally, there is clearly a difference between people who woke up to find an order conversion, and dealers who converted orders after being told not to... my comments were speaking to the former.

Last edited:

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was told all their FE orders were processed together and Ford would contact me in a week for specific details. I have a very early time stamp. I am furious. This would have worked on a common Joe buyer but not someone who has followed the Bronco for over a decade and knows the buying process or anything about this new vehicle than the sales manager. I was going to downgrade away from then FE and build up a badlands to FE specs because if the Charlie Foxtrot Ford trying to make the FE "special"'.

This is pure unethical and I would never ever expect it from a dealershiop where I purchased multiple vehicles from, personally know the family etc. I should get interesting. How long be or some media outlet picks it up?!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know why dealers are even doing this. I'm not converting any customers over to orders until they have either sat down with me and we have gone over everything or we have spoken over the phone about everything as well. Dealers need to be careful, I can see Ford doing something if enough people complain about dealers doing this.
Because your conversion rate determines final allocation. (AND perhaps to lock the customer to the dealer and their pricing.)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now you know why they canceled x-plan so many months ago
True, if I could still use my X-plan, I would not have as much of an issue right now, but not everyone has X-plan and some people would still be screwed.
I mentioned X-plan in my email to Levine.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hot take.

Hear me out.

From an otherwise ill-informed dealer's perspective these non-consensual conversations make total sense:

1. The customer holds a reservation with them specifically. Why would they hold that reservation with them if they didn't intend to purchase from them?

2. Orders converted before the March deadline are what is being used to calculate allocation. If a dealer has hundreds (or thousands!) of reservations, it's a huge task to physically enter them into the system and they'd want to get started as soon as possible.

3. Orders can be edited/changed for a while. They wont even get to scheduling for a while, and Ford has said they will reach out and let individuals know an estimated build date and any specific item that is causing a delay. Thus, dealers are *expecting* to have to go back and edit orders once the dust settles.

4. Orders can be cancelled (and now per Mike Levine, delayed) without penalty if done before the build is scheduled... so there's no downside for the dealer to converting it now if the customer decides they didn't want it after all, or wants to wait for MY22.

With those things in mind, it would seem reasonable to a dealer that the most logical thing is just batch convert all their reservations into orders as quick as they can. Get them in before the deadline because people are going to want to / be able to edit the orders for months to come.

The rub is that so many people still have not had conversations about price and are planning to still being able to switch up until the March deadline. This is a totally reasonable thing for people to want to do... and dealerships should have anticipated this problem and done a better job communicating.

I would like to think that this will all get sorted out... it's just going to be a super headache, and the question is, who's going to need the Advil.

$0.02
I think that's a great insight. I imagine many of the dealers believe they're doing the right thing....

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hot take.

Hear me out.

From a dealer's perspective these conversations makes total sense:

2. Orders converted before the March deadline are what is being used to calculate allocation. If a dealer has hundreds (or thousands!) of reservations, it's a huge task to physically enter them into the system and they'd want to get started as soon as possible.

With those things in mind, it would seem reasonable to a dealer that the most logical thing is just batch convert all their reservations into orders as quick as they can. Get them in before the deadline because people are going to want to / be able to edit the orders for months to come.

The rub is that so many people still have not had conversations about price and are planning to still being able to switch up until the March deadline. This is a totally reasonable thing for people to want to do... and dealerships should have anticipated this problem and done a better job communicating.

You are wrong on so many levels. Did Ford hit refresh on browser for an hour to place an order for first edition then wait 1-2 additional years because they were not prepared for the demand? What about those who wanted a different version now when I learned of the interior problem. I walked in to the dealer yesterday saying "to manyast minute changes I I will not place my order today but want to see some colors and discuss the vehicle. I told them I have until mid March to decide but not to worry because I'll have my order in far earlier. Have you ever taken an business ethics class? I have and as a business owner clearly see a big problem here. Especially when other dealerships agree!

mylittlepony

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Jeep Wrangler / 09 TC Series 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The '6G Forum Posse' should do what Steve Bannon would. That is to assemble 'The War Room Posse' to inundate the phone/e-mail banks to have their grievance be heard.

A thread should be started> 'Inundate to Remediate' from every member of the '6G Forum Posse' to express this issue/'fraud'.

I've learned a bunch here from members and am thankful for the knowledge I've gained.

This must be an organized objective to stem a possible metastasizing event for Bronco rez. holders by Shady Ds'...

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think that's a great insight. I imagine many of the dealers believe they're doing the right thing....
I can't disagree more. Maybe it is OK come early march with the customer consent but my early FE timestamp should guarantee me the Bronco I want with the year 2021 on it. I made not fuss of big deal and let the dealership with a printout of my already placed order. And a list of other orders. The sales manager clearly was playing dump. My salesman clearly saw red flags and was as confused as I. The man behind the tall desk and see through glass had also heard of brongo6g.com which I highly encouraged him to view. I bet consumer reports would love a story like this.
Sponsored