Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except for the fact that since the order is a contract, it is required to be signed on the bottom by the customer. The Ford ordering system spits out a printed document of the order with a spot for the customer to sign that they accept the order.
If the dealers we're discussing were treating the order as a contract that required customer acceptance, this thread would not exist.
In these cases, the customer has not entered into an agreement to purchase anything, because the reservation was converted to an order without their consent.
Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Totally agree people shouldā€™ve vetted their dealers. A lot of people werenā€™t to worried in the beginning cause they thought they were getting x-plan. That got crushed. Then their are other dealers that wouldnā€™t even talk about pricing till they found out allocation numbers. That happened last week.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh I know, but before converting it to an order it specifically states to have an agreement in place with the customer.
That's kind of important, no? I wonder how these dealers are going to demonstrate that?

senatorPOPS

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 - 1990 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yup, just checked and sure enough it says in-store order and that it was ordered 1/20. Interesting stuff, Iā€™ve dealt with this dealership for my last two trucks and Iā€™ve never had an issue, but the lack of communication on this is eye opening.

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster

I just went to the Ford Website and saw that my Reservation has been converted to an order. I have a call into the General Manager of the dealership. Definitely not pleased. I am going to wait until after I talk to the GM before I mention dealership.

Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Except for the fact that since the order is a contract, it is required to be signed on the bottom by the customer. The Ford ordering system spits out a printed document of the order with a spot for the customer to sign that they accept the order.

Look, I am not saying that there are no shady dealers, but everyone needs to put on their big boy pants and at least be cognizant of acceptable business practices before you enter into an agreement to purchase a $40K plus product. The time for vetting the integrity of your dealer was when you selected them for your reservation. If you blindly selected a dealer at the time you made a reservation and haven't validated them since, then you might as well ask Santa Clause to get you a Bronco. Might end with a better result.
I entered into no agreement with a dealer. I have entered an agreement with FORD, paid $100 deposit that says they will hold my spot in line to maybe or maybe not purchase a Bronco from a dealer of my choice.
My dealer, without any pricing or agreement, verbal or written, took my reservation from me, and converted it to an order through their dealership, essentially locking me to their terms.
And you see all of this as being my fault???

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying not to panic. Communication from my dealer is only when I initiate it, he's answered NO questions re: reservations, allocations, pricing....so I called Ford to change my res to a smaller dealer I can trust....but because the Visa card I used is no longer valid, they have to do it MANUALLY....so no email today, called them back, and they said, yeah, it takes some time. Meanwhile, my res is still with the dealer not talking....I asked if this could be expedited under the circumstances and she said yes, someone would call. *waiting waiting waiting* *wondering what the dealer might be up to, if anything*

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... It will be interesting to see if that still holds true after Mike Levine gets done busting skulls.

Yeahhh I think he'll be busy playing with his other toys since the Bronco is old news to him?? I hope 21 resolutions have made him better for us!

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the dealer called. He said ā€œa managerā€ at Ford intervened and my order will not be locked down until I give the word on final configuration and options. i have to assume it was Mike L, so thanks to him.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Devil's Advocate:

The original deadline to switch your reservation was Halloween and then it got extended, but you had months to get an agreement from your dealer.

Maybe if it wasn't important enough for you to do something about it for the past 6 months, then you have no right to bitch about it?

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? XJCL959KwYbE4

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

cant have it both ways. pricing info has been a problem from day one unless you jumped on a well documented accepted price plan group buy. The whole point behind the reservation window was to be able to negotiate terms with any dealer per Fords communication. In hindsight, maybe Ford should of allowed the reservations without a "preferred dealer" selection to avoid this crap or like previously stated, the customer should be initiating the next step, not the overwhelmed dealers who got slammed with reservations and no plans.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So the dealer called. He said ā€œa managerā€ at Ford intervened and my order will not be locked down until I give the word on final configuration and options. i have to assume it was Mike L, so thanks to him.
Not sure how much you can trust that. Sounds more like heā€™s saying you can still change your order details. Unless thatā€™s all your worried about.

Also a good stall tactic to calm you down.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™ve received no such communication :,-(

if itā€™s already been converted to an order, how did they reverse it being locked down?

Bobtailbronco

Badlands
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969, 1973, 1977 and 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I am totally stumped after talking to my local dealer where my reservation is being held. Here is all of the issues I'm seeing from them:

* No email has gone out from them yet to reservation holders (he said, "oh yeah, I am going to have to find some time this weekend to get an email out")

* He said his spreadsheets for reservations was all out of order and he wasn't able to sort and tell me where my reservation fell in his allocations

* Said Ford had not trained them/given enough info on placing orders

* He said 3 others had just popped in to complete their orders but system wasn't allowing him to order Badlands, Wildtrax or First Editions at all

* Didn't know when I would have to put a down payment (WHEN DO I ?????????????)

I set up an appointment for next week but really am concerned about how and if my order is going to be processed.

ANY HELP FROM YOU GUYS IS APPRECIATED!!!!!

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I entered into no agreement with a dealer. I have entered an agreement with FORD, paid $100 deposit that says they will hold my spot in line to maybe or maybe not purchase a Bronco from a dealer of my choice.
My dealer, without any pricing or agreement, verbal or written, took my reservation from me, and converted it to an order through their dealership, essentially locking me to their terms.
And you see all of this as being my fault???
Perhaps, yes, particularly if you made your reservation however long ago and didn't converse with the dealer in the interim to understand their real or perceived process on the who, what, and how of that getting converted to an order. I've had multiple conversations with the Dealer to determine what the scoop was, would there be an uncharge or a discount and how much, who would contact who when orders opened, what their expected allocation might be, and whether I needed to be there to place the order or could do it over the phone. The point here is to become informed and eliminate or minimize any surprises. Had any shady tactics or processes arose in those discussions, I had plenty of time to divert to another Dealer. Food for thought.
Sponsored