toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious if anyone thinks that it's possible the dealers could be converting all their reservations to orders so their share of allotments goes up?
My guess is this is exactly why they are doing it. Also to "make it easier on themselves"
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So isn't there some silver lining? Now that the people have the power to reclaim the stolen reservations , could you not go to your dealer, tell them you want a deal and if not, not only will you pull your reservation back, but will transfer it to another dealer.

At least one person said he got the ADM removed.

MSPbronco

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This happened to me today. There are a few reasons theyā€™re doing this. In some case itā€™s simply confusion and poor communication, or strong arming from Ford to get orders in quickly. In other cases, itā€™s to make sure their customers get delivery as early as possible. In other cases, itā€™s more nefarious - they are aware that we can change our dealer. Locking everyone in takes away any leverage that you, the buyer, has to take your business elsewhere.

I had to get the sales manager to cancel my build so that Ford Customer Care could transfer my reservation to a new dealer.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In other cases, itā€™s to make sure their customers get delivery as early as possible...
It doesn't impact when vehicles are delivered.

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So, in addition to placing my Bronco order without my consent, my dealer is asking me for a $1,000 deposit before they will finalize the spec on my build and submit to Ford. Anyone else being asked for the same?

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜04 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, Iā€™m joining the club. Dealer pushed my order through without the line by line order review and price/ finance discussion. I know only because I received the Ford email congratulations. I tend to be pretty low key and am in no way surprised after reading this thread but man what a disaster in planning. I know Iā€™m in range for my dealer for my21 (#32/50). A little stuck since next closest dealer is same owner group! Left a message for a call back with dealer...

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
@shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
add me to the list also

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fairview Ford in San Bernardino just called me today and wanted to convert my reservation into an order but he didnā€™t want to talk price and did not want to know any options I wanted , he said heā€™ll do that next month I told him no thanks Iā€™ll wait, sounds like a scam to me. When I pressed him on the price he told me Ford sets the price not the dealer I said youā€™re full of crap. With all these bad dealers out here I may be just out Iā€™m not gonna beg for a bronco I would just like to purchase one

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fairview Ford in San Bernardino just called me today and wanted to convert my reservation into an order but he didnā€™t want to talk price and did not want to know any options I wanted , he said heā€™ll do that next month I told him no thanks Iā€™ll wait, sounds like a scam to me. When I pressed him on the price he told me Ford sets the price not the dealer I said youā€™re full of crap. With all these bad dealers out here I may be just out Iā€™m not gonna beg for a bronco I would just like to purchase one
Guessing they got the email and said "that sounds shady as hell, why didn't we think of that?"...

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs