Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like there might be some unscrupulous dealers doing some shady stuff.
I'm fortunate - my cousin is the dealership GM and we're in good hands. I'm blaming Ford's "rockstar" IT wizards for the delay in my account updating. The reservation placed with my confirmation is absolutely mine.

Sounds like the OP is getting snowed by his dealer. I'm curious if there's any enforceable action on his part through Ford...
Sponsored

Ducky

Wildtrak
First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, then maybe you should state the dealer info up front. For everyone person on this forum there are 100 reading the forum for information on their Bronco.

When we don't call out bad dealer habits, no one else will.
State what info??? What are you talking about?? We have a 200 page thread about our deal in the reservations forum...and it's pinned on the first page for a the dealers in our area and their pricing offers to our group.
This just seems to be a malfunction in communication. @North7 was referring to the OP when he said "you should state the dealer", not you @Johnny Mo. The OP did not mention anything about what dealership he was talking about.

Take a step back and enjoy a Hawaiian pizza today ladies and gentlemen.
Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? EmptySoulfulEmperorshrimp-small

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Its an order. Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. I think they was trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.
How did they convert a reservation to an order when the reservation doesn't even say what color the Bronco is or options?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's cool I honestly think that the OP was trying to be nice and not bad mouth the dealer until he had more information so I can appreciate that. it sucks that his dealer converted his order already without him knowing but hopefully they turn around and treat him okay.

Sponsored

bfosmoen

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner, 2015 Silverado 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same situation here and just received this communication from my dealer.

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 1611154763521

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What difference does it make other than the deposit?? It's not being built and can be changed up until it hits the line. They can also "manually" code it for 22 even if he doesn't have a late avail option. If he no longer wants it - doesn't matter if he gets bounced from the queue. The way the post read was that the dealer "stole" his reservation for themselves - but maybe I read into that too much. If the plan was to xfer to another dealer offering a deal - then yeah I'd be pissed - but probably should've pulled the trigger by now as it sounds there was a trust issue with current dealer all along.
It prevents him from switching dealers to one offering a better deal or just ethics.

OP
OP
ugafan706

ugafan706

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 outer banks sas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ok, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Aren't you supposed to "agree on pricing" at the time of order? How is that possible if the order is placed en masse? Even with a heads up email telling the customer that it's happening (rather than asking for an opt-in).

Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I feel like this isn't the last time we'll have to deal with...frustrating... dealerships. I asked today where I stood in the allocation line... Their answer, on asking it a second time in as many emails, "we'll know when the order is finalized. We've had multiple cancellations." So, a non-answer.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you have an idiot dealer that is doing that, look elsewhere.
That’s exactly what my dealer did, even though I can transfer to a different dealer, I really can’t because I work there. The owner said some line that it takes 24 hrs to fully populate in the system and tomorrow we are gonna sit down and reconfigure it the way I want it
Update- the owner came out to me about 20 mins later and was shocked it was already in there and he could set it up the way I wanted it. He couldn’t however order the tube door kit. Said that would have to be ordered through parts when the build is scheduled

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I feel like this isn't the last time we'll have to deal with...frustrating... dealerships. I asked today where I stood in the allocation line... Their answer, on asking it a second time in as many emails, "we'll know when the order is finalized. We've had multiple cancellations." So, a non-answer.
That's not a "non-answers"... Allocations aren't calculated until March when all converted orders are in...

If anything your dealer is giving you a more accurate answer than those that are quoting some loosey-goosey estimate Ford supplied them based on current reservations and estimated conversion rates.

(the estimations were only given so dealers could start to emotionally prepare their customers about when they could expect their Broncos)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

let the shady shit begin, I think another issue is orders placed I dont think you can change the trim levels so if your reservation was not what you want, thats even better.
Sponsored