NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
you can transfer without any penalty...timestamp and reservation # stays the same
After the reservation has been converted to an order? Ford corporate customer support begs to differ...
Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

he can transfer with no penalty...you keep your timestamp and reservation #
Not if the Reservation is already in Order status. Once it's in the order banks it's locked to that dealership.

Unless you have proof contrary to that, all of Ford's information to date has been exactly this. Including the call to marketing that I made when I first saw this post.

Once it hits the order banks, the only thing that can happen is the Order is completed or cancelled. Cancelling the order removes you from the system entirely and negates your reservation number.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can't do that any longer. Once the order is moved from reservation to order status it's stuck with the dealer that it's placed with. They locked him out of moving to another dealership.
that's not true...i had a couple people transfer today that had placed orders...the order stays in WBDO (doesn't go back to the portal)...customer actually gets the $100 back for their reservation bc Ford debits the dealer...

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
that's not true...i had a couple people transfer today that had placed orders...the order stays in WBDO (doesn't go back to the portal)...customer actually gets the $100 back for their reservation bc Ford debits the dealer...
I called customer service and asked if I could change dealerships now and they said no.

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not if the Reservation is already in Order status. Once it's in the order banks it's locked to that dealership.

Unless you have proof contrary to that, all of Ford's information to date has been exactly this. Including the call to marketing that I made when I first saw this post.

Once it hits the order banks, the only thing that can happen is the Order is completed or cancelled. Cancelling the order removes you from the system entirely and negates your reservation number.
@bfabpt was one forum member who did it with me today...Ben, who did you contact to transfer your placed order to my order bank (WBDO)?

Was it the # I gave u?
Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How did we miss this possible trick? Allocation is based on converted reservations, so just go ahead and convert all of your reservations to orders and let Ford/the customer sort it out. This whole process has been a learning experience in just how shitty dealers can be. Hopefully Ford is listening and can correct this.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I called customer service and asked if I could change dealerships now and they said no.
Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Can Customers update their dealer selection for their reservation?

Customers may reach out to Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer's reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.
Tried this number. They said it is no longer a reservation, it is an order, and it cannot be moved dealerships.

57E92864-0E75-4A52-85A9-FD005BCE4336.jpeg

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're confusing Reservation with Order.

Yes: A customer can transfer their reservation to any dealership nationwide.

No: A customer cannot transfer their ORDER to any dealership once it is in the order banks.

Source: Ford Marketing.

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealership did the same thing.

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Tried this number. They said it is no longer a reservation, it is an order, and it cannot be moved dealerships.

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 57E92864-0E75-4A52-85A9-FD005BCE4336
that's crazy they are telling you that...maybe call back and get someone else...like i said, Bens order didnt show up in online order acceptance as a reservation to convert...it showed up in my WBDO as an order already converted...he did it early today, around 9am EST

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
that's crazy they are telling you that...maybe call back and get someone else...like i said, Bens order didnt show up in online order acceptance as a reservation to convert...it showed up in my WBDO as an order already converted...he did it early today, around 9am EST
I’ve called twice today, and escalated to management. Would be interesting to hear how Ben accomplished this!

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You're confusing Reservation with Order.

Yes: A customer can transfer their reservation to any dealership nationwide.

No: A customer cannot transfer their ORDER to any dealership once it is in the order banks.

Source: Ford Marketing.
im not disputing what you are saying they are telling you, but that's not how it worked earlier today... Bens order didnt show up in online order acceptance as a reservation to convert (like a normal transfer)...it showed up in my WBDO as an order already converted...he did it early today, around 9am EST