First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are we able to change or edit the order? I planned to change from OuterBanks to Wildtrak but it shows my order converted today.
Edit- I looked on the Ford website the way they are handling the mustang order is that you can change your order up until the last day!
also @BroncoKong Jr.

Hey dealer here. Your dealer is a dick for converting your order without talking to you, but you can still change everything about your order for the next 2 months. You'll just have to figure out who at that dealership is in charge of vehicle orders. Hopefully they will contact you directly though.

Also for the person who said they hope their dealer reverses the conversion, I'm sorry to tell you that it is not reversible.
Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If dealers convert res to order w/o customer consent, and no recourse given, edit your order to a base 4 door 2.7A, dual tops, no squatch. Add lightbars, roof rack, mud flaps, running boards, bike rack, kayak carrier. Once order is entered, walk away and never go back. They didn't get a deposit from you. you are out $100, and they get late delivery on a 4 door weirdly configured base no sas. Sure they'll sell it. Probably doesn't really screw them but it kinda does. At least they don't get to use your res to get a tricked out Badlands showroom floor piece of eye candy.

Edit: don't forget the rooftop tent!

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also @BroncoKong Jr.

Hey dealer here. Your dealer is a dick for converting your order without talking to you, but you can still change everything about your order for the next 2 months. You'll just have to figure out who at that dealership is in charge of vehicle orders. Hopefully they will contact you directly though.
I know your reply is mainly for CowboyK, but I have been speaking to my dealer and sent in my selections. So I'm a little confused as to why ford.com shows my reservation trim, but not the trim I theoretically ordered. I have not received an order confirmation email from Ford, so I'm not sure if anything actually went through. Is there an automated process that shows your reservation on the Ford website as an order now?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If dealers convert res to order w/o customer consent, and no recourse given, edit your order to a base 4 door 2.7A, dual tops, no squatch. Add lightbars, roof rack, mud flaps, running boards, bike rack, kayak carrier. Once order is entered, walk away and never go back. They didn't get a deposit from you. you are out $100, and they get late delivery on a 4 door weirdly configured base no sas. Sure they'll sell it. Probably doesn't really screw them but it kinda does. At least they don't get to use your res to get a tricked out Badlands showroom floor piece of eye candy.
IDK....This actually sounds like a pretty cool build to me....

The dealer could just throw on some aftermarket 33"s and wheels and give this thing a totally different look....

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know your reply is mainly for CowboyK, but I have been speaking to my dealer and sent in my selections. So I'm a little confused as to why ford.com shows my reservation trim, but not the trim I theoretically ordered. I have not received an order confirmation email from Ford, so I'm not sure if anything actually went through. Is there an automated process that shows your reservation on the Ford website as an order now?
Youā€™re dealer hasnā€™t completed your order. Theyā€™ve just changed itā€™s status from a reservation to a ā€œpre-order.ā€

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My dealer did this to me too. I asked if there was a deposit, they said there was a $3000 deposit, and I wrote back that before we moved forward with an order I wanted to discuss details like where I am in line, pricing etc. And my dealer never wrote or called me back, just converted it into an order. I'm alarmed and going to be really sad if I need to back out of buying a Bronco after all this anticipation. As long as they don't try to charge me over MSRP it will be a non issue.

Update: no issues from dealer with attempts to upcharge etc, so the conversion, while a surprise, is not an issue for me.

Last edited:

Ah_crap

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to me today. Except this dealership has a $4000 markup. I talked to someone at my selected dealership during the summer to ask about ADMs and he wasn't sure so I figured I'd just cancel and change dealerships if a markup was added to msrp during the pricing. I was contacted today about the build and price and I talked over the phone to a salesperson. First red flag was he guaranteed the base model with sasquatch trim and manual transmission would be delivered in MY21. I should have asked to talk to someone else then and there but I thought perhaps he knew something I didn't so we built it and then he told me the final price would be $40k because of the $4000 ADM and taxes and registration. I told him that was more than I was willing to spend and that I would have to think about it and call him back. I hung up and called a few other dealerships to find one that didn't have markups which I found. I then looked on my Ford profile to see exactly what time I placed my reservation and I found it had been updated to "Order Placed". So I called the original dealer back and he said he did it to save my build so we wouldn't have to do it again. I asked if he could revert it back but he said he can only cancel the entire deal. So basically I don't have my 7/14 reservation anymore because I'm not paying $40k for a base MY22 mansquatch. I could order a badlands for that price and get it this summer. I feel like an idiot for even building the thing when I knew damn well it wasn't an option. I'll call Ford Marketing tomorrow but after reading this thread I'm not confident anything can be changed.

Sponsored

DealerInsider

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
A stolen FE reservation
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ask your dealer for a copy of the DORA...that is the order and confirmation

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
aaahahaha I will literally do this if they try to go head to head.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ā€˜75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what Iā€™ve read, itā€™s a 15-20 wait for the system to change your status from a reservation to a pre-order. I know there are bad dealers out there, but also can see that some of these conversions are well intentioned. No ones reservation should be converted until after the order consultation is completed or without specific permission. Problem is with scheduling all these appointment and having buyers that ā€œneedā€ their order confirmation on the spot. So the dealer is trying to do some early leg work before the appointment, ā€œforgettingā€ they are locking the buyer in if they havenā€™t had any prior pricing conversation.

Gotta think Ford corporate will come up with a solution to allow a fix. No timestsmp information is lost so all the needed info is still there.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wow, this is F-ing horrible. Iā€™d be Calling Ford Customer Service and escalating to speak to the highest level person I could. Iā€™d be tweeting Farley and Levine and calling the owner of the dealer and making the biggest stink i could.
Sponsored