Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
From what I’ve read, it’s a 15-20 wait for the system to change your status from a reservation to a pre-order. I know there are bad dealers out there, but also can see that some of these conversions are well intentioned. No ones reservation should be converted until after the order consultation is completed or without specific permission. Problem is with scheduling all these appointment and having buyers that “need” their order confirmation on the spot. So the dealer is trying to do some early leg work before the appointment, “forgetting” they are locking the buyer in if they haven’t had any prior pricing conversation.

Gotta think Ford corporate will come up with a solution to allow a fix. No timestsmp information is lost so all the needed info is still there.
The only thing I could think of to fix this is to make reservation holders login to their Ford account and “approve” the order before it can be accepted by Ford as a completed order.
Sponsored

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 1611204867463

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The problem can't be fixed if it isn't known. Use any available media you know. You won't hurt anyone but yourself if you just do nothing.

Last edited:

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe we can get Ford Corporate to commit to force No ADM for all MY21 Broncos! Good faith deal for all the problems.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm really grateful that I found this site before I placed my reservation and had interactions with Albert at Granger. I have very little faith in car dealerships with many horror stories over the years from myself and family, but this takes the cake. I"m not sure what I'd do, but it'd probably take me awhile to calm the F down.

Really thankful that my gut was telling me not to blindly trust local dealer here in Chicago, because I'll bet we see them doing this garbage too. Shady as shit and sales reps on here wonder why people hate stealerships and lump them all together as one. Here is a perfect example of why people f'n hate you and your tactics.

I'm pissed now and I don't have to deal with this situation. Sorry everyone, I hope it gets worked out, but until then let Twitter/Facebook/Social Media be your friend. Keep stoking the fire and force an answer from Levine/Farley.

Good Luck

Sponsored

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am BEGGING y'all now:

Don't put up with this. Scammy dealers are expecting y'all to lie down and play dead, to be passive and assume you can't fight them, to take it up the chute.

Act now. Find a recent Bronco story from a reputable auto industry writer, like Phoebe Wall Howard at the Detroit Free Press ([email protected]). Email the writer a short summary with your details and a link to this thread. Refer to the dozens, if not hundreds of other reservation holders being manipulated/screwed. Then tweet the Ford CEO and Levine that you are contacting automotive industry journalists about their broken reservation system and the rampant abuse going on that is specific to the Bronco order system rollout.

Trust me, the louder the uprising gets, the more publicly Ford will have to react.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oddball thought. Is your dealer locked in if your vehicle is delayed and you have to re-order for 2022? I imagine that’s likely.

But if not, order a whole bunch of late delivery shit and hope for the best.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 1611204867463

Squeaky wheel gets the grease. The problem can't be fixed if it isn't known. Use any available media you know. You won't hurt anyone but yourself if you just do nothing.
I just retweeted your post and tagged Ford as well.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just retweeted your post and tagged Ford as well.
Jim is a good guy, and a busy one. Hopefully taking this straight to the top will help the process.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Reading this thread makes me want to punch somebody, and I'm not even a violent person. I hope you all raise enough hell to get your orders reversed so you can take them somewhere else. Unbelievable.

Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reservation is now labeled an in store order. I haven’t even talked to my dealer. Klein Ford, Winneconne, WI
Ouch! My plan was to avoid talking to my crappy assigned dealer until this blows over so I didn't accidentally give them an excuse to incinerate my reservation. But I guess even that doesn't work.

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same thing happened to me today. Except this dealership has a $4000 markup. I talked to someone at my selected dealership during the summer to ask about ADMs and he wasn't sure so I figured I'd just cancel and change dealerships if a markup was added to msrp during the pricing. I was contacted today about the build and price and I talked over the phone to a salesperson. First red flag was he guaranteed the base model with sasquatch trim and manual transmission would be delivered in MY21. I should have asked to talk to someone else then and there but I thought perhaps he knew something I didn't so we built it and then he told me the final price would be $40k because of the $4000 ADM and taxes and registration. I told him that was more than I was willing to spend and that I would have to think about it and call him back. I hung up and called a few other dealerships to find one that didn't have markups which I found. I then looked on my Ford profile to see exactly what time I placed my reservation and I found it had been updated to "Order Placed". So I called the original dealer back and he said he did it to save my build so we wouldn't have to do it again. I asked if he could revert it back but he said he can only cancel the entire deal. So basically I don't have my 7/14 reservation anymore because I'm not paying $40k for a base MY22 mansquatch. I could order a badlands for that price and get it this summer. I feel like an idiot for even building the thing when I knew damn well it wasn't an option. I'll call Ford Marketing tomorrow but after reading this thread I'm not confident anything can be changed.
I’m in Oregon as well. What dealership is this?

Gaucholoco

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am also seeing my early September reservation as placed “in person”.

As a leverage point, I recall reading that Ford will transfer vehicles between dealerships for free. But the dealer has to accept the transfer and deliver. Now let me explain....

If the free transfer is true, it could be used as a leverage point. I also have an October reservation in Iowa (was planning to cancel local reservation due to poor reputation - now proven). If the local dealership would agree to accept my transfer from Iowa, then I won’t cancel my reservation that was placed illegitimately. In turn, they could keep the Bronco that they ordered without my knowledge. The vehicle from Iowa would be paid for, in theory eliminating any possible shady shit. There are a lot of moving parts, thoughts?

Otherwise I’ll just cancel my reservation directly through Ford, and hopefully it’ll fuck up the shady dealer’s allocation.

Pepin10

Base
First Name
Pepin10
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Unbelievable, locking u in then marking it up...