North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I checked the Ford site and they are still listed as orders. We have not had a chance to call Ford back regarding the dealer's intransigence. Does anyone really believe that the dealers do not know that order banks, and the ability to change reservations closes on March 19th? If this had been a "mistake" why didn't the dealer change the order back to a reservation? For those who don't understand what this means (see other posts same thread), we are locked into whatever price this dealer wants to charge, but more than that, they hijacked the process set up by Ford to we, the customers.
Let's put it this way, if you were stranded on a desert island, with some of the scumbag dealers, they will find a way to tell you it was a mistake and it will cost you $10,000 to be rescued.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Sounds like they will figure out a way to unwind the deals, IF the customer complains. If customers just accept a dealers word that maybe claims they were told to convert everyone to what thet reserved and double check with them as a verification, then most everyone of them will go along with that, especially if they get the mistaken idea that cancelling will make them lose their place in mind Might even sidetrack some pricing talks until the trucks arrive. I fear the dealers that pulled this will come out ahead over all
So in other words, 90% of the unaware Bronco buying public will get screwed by 90% of the dealers.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So in other words, 90% of the unaware Bronco buying public will get screwed by 90% of the dealers.
And 100% Ford will be blamed..

I can see why they are anxious to jump on this quick.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford should have either created a separate and distinct, direct sales channel or stuck to BAU and not changed anything.

This hybrid reservation/dealership channel is fundamentally broken and can not be ‘tweaked’ to fix it going forward.

Either adopt a new business model or stick to your legacy system. Don’t try to straddle the line.

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? 1611281414474

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And 100% Ford will be blamed..

I can see why they are anxious to jump on this quick.
Here's a video I just saw with an opinion on reservations. He had a few comments about Granger as well.

Civkik

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '18 Wrangler Rubicon, '18 R1M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was pretty rewarding being able to place my own Bronco order in. WBDO our program through Ford made the process pretty sleek. Dealer flex ?... I did stare at my computer for about an hour before picking a color though.. lol

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is exactly why I placed a second reservation with Granger. I figured that some dealers would try to pull something shady with the pricing and I wanted to have a back up plan. Leave it up to these guys to come up with something even more sinister than just a simple markup. I'm glad to see that Ford seems to be stepping up to fix this.

On a lighter note.... @RobBroncowski I'm gonna have to respectfully ask you to change your handle to Glenn or one of the other less athletically gifted brothers.... (unless you are actually Gronk in which case I'll switch it up) ;)

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here's a video I just saw with an opinion on reservations. He had a few comments about Granger as well.
That guy is an idiot.
Goes to show that anyone.... literally ANYONE can spew filth these days.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Don't waste your time watching, just another click bait video. The guy actually believes his dealer when he was told the sooner you order the sooner you will be assigned to one of the dealers allocated Bronco's, where do these gullible people come from?

Sponsored

Sparky32

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 4 series conv, Ford F150, Maserati GranT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
B6G is a strong and heavy online community. I hope the efforts to call out these shady ass dealers who have tried to skew allocation numbers, or convert reservations to order without permission get to Ford and Ford actually punishes them! something has to be done, the rollout has been bad enough, but now the unethical practices happen from dealers when we finally get to order!!

Assuming Ford wont do anything about this, but every person that this happened to should be on Ford about their A-hole dealer until Ford is forced to do something. My opinion anyway.. Code Red time if you get my drift.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
HAHAHAHA. David Boyd has moved to Bronco Town? This guy is such a hack. He's plagued the Nissan community for years as the guy on Nissan Nation Podcast. He's an idiot.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't waste your time watching, just another click bait video. The guy actually believes his dealer when he was told the sooner you order the sooner you will be assigned to one of the dealers allocated Bronco's, where do these gullible people come from?
He mentioned us, so some of his info must be what someone posted here.

Ah_crap

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same thing happened to me today. Except this dealership has a $4000 markup. I talked to someone at my selected dealership during the summer to ask about ADMs and he wasn't sure so I figured I'd just cancel and change dealerships if a markup was added to msrp during the pricing. I was contacted today about the build and price and I talked over the phone to a salesperson. First red flag was he guaranteed the base model with sasquatch trim and manual transmission would be delivered in MY21. I should have asked to talk to someone else then and there but I thought perhaps he knew something I didn't so we built it and then he told me the final price would be $40k because of the $4000 ADM and taxes and registration. I told him that was more than I was willing to spend and that I would have to think about it and call him back. I hung up and called a few other dealerships to find one that didn't have markups which I found. I then looked on my Ford profile to see exactly what time I placed my reservation and I found it had been updated to "Order Placed". So I called the original dealer back and he said he did it to save my build so we wouldn't have to do it again. I asked if he could revert it back but he said he can only cancel the entire deal. So basically I don't have my 7/14 reservation anymore because I'm not paying $40k for a base MY22 mansquatch. I could order a badlands for that price and get it this summer. I feel like an idiot for even building the thing when I knew damn well it wasn't an option. I'll call Ford Marketing tomorrow but after reading this thread I'm not confident anything can be changed.
Just an update on my situation: I emailed the general manager of my selected dealership this morning explaining my situation and I stated I would cancel my entire order unless the $4k ADM was eliminated. I later got a call by the same salesperson who locked me into the dealership and he explained it was an honest mistake and that he would sell a bronco to me for msrp. So I ordered the 7 speed badlands 2 door in antimatter blue. Throughout the fall and winter I had planned to only spend around $35k but I guess I decided I'll just eat ramen for the next couple years so I can have those hero switches.
Sponsored