Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I sent a text to my cousin warning him of this situation. I told him he has options if his dealer is playing games like this. He was appreciative of me keeping him in the loop. He doesn't have time to spend on here, so I do my best to communicate the important details to him. Chicago area dealer, so he might run into this because they're shady AF too.
Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We need to boil this down to a flowchart and lock the thread soon.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I talked to my dealer, FOX Ford of Cadillac, to try to get my reservation back, and they said they did this for all their reservation holders and told me I was the only one that had an issue with them doing it.
Maybe everyone else is OK with ordering without knowing what they are going to be paying?
He didn't sound like he had heard from Ford about wrongly converting reservations to orders, and was going to have to email regional sales to see what to do...
Call this number, I did. They will help you.

Ford Bronco Dealer used my reservation and ordered a Bronco without my permission, on hold with Ford customer care now! ? Screenshot_20210121-204148_2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here’s my update:

Huge thanks to Mike Levine who personally called me back and said they will make things right.

I followed his advice and followed up with my dealer first. AJ and Katie at Seymour Ford apologized for what happened and were very professional and helpful in getting everything resolved. Thank you both!

I then called the Ford customer relations line (800-334-4375). The first person will transfer you to the Bronco team. That person will take your information and escalate the case. About two hours later I got a call from Paula in Customer Service who was incredibly nice and helpful and said everything will be fixed; I will retain my original reservation and time stamp. They can additionally help you change to a different dealer if that is what you desire.

Inrustwetrust_

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Super nice lady just called from Ford Marketing asking me about my reservation and to let me know that I can still switch if need be. Just that it would take a few days to reflect. I'm impressed they even reached out.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super nice lady just called from Ford Marketing asking me about my reservation and to let me know that I can still switch if need be. Just that it would take a few days to reflect. I'm impressed they even reached out.

UPDATE #2

Just got off with phone with Paula, a super nice lady at Ford Marketing, who called me to discuss the issue. She wanted to know if I had talked to the dealership and if they had converted my order back to a reservation. She also asked me to name names (dealership and individuals)! She said it still showed as an order on their end and if I needed them to process it for me then she could do so. I suggested leaving it alone to see if the dealership comes through or not. She suggested many times (minimum of 3 and probably more) that she was able to switch my dealership if I wanted too but I declined at this time. Seems like Ford is on top of this issue (thanks again Mike L) and is not to happy about. Now that I think about, I am not even sure how they got my contact info?? I did email Mike L and am guessing he must have passed it on.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is wrapping up nicely.

K2Bronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Explorer, 1995 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this same issue with my reservations being converted to orders.....e-mailed my dealer (who has been sending me nothing about the whole Bronco process) and after reading through this thread called FORD customer care as I was furious. Ford told me that they will not do anything until the dealer responds to me 1st if I do not hear from the dealer call Ford back and they will take fix it.........................

climb2descend

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15'F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had this same issue with my reservations being converted to orders.....e-mailed my dealer (who has been sending me nothing about the whole Bronco process) and after reading through this thread called FORD customer care as I was furious. Ford told me that they will not do anything until the dealer responds to me 1st if I do not hear from the dealer call Ford back and they will take fix it.........................
You are in T.O like me, is DCH Ford T.O your dealer? I got into it with the manager there, I was furious. I asked him to convert it back today with the statement from Ford copy and pasted and he said he would, so I'm waiting to see the results before I call customer service.

K2Bronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Explorer, 1995 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are in T.O like me, is DCH Ford T.O your dealer? I got into it with the manager there, I was furious. I asked him to convert it back today with the statement from Ford copy and pasted and he said he would, so I'm waiting to see the results before I call customer service.
I sent him 3 e-mails this aM and put in writing I want BOTH of mine converted back ASAP. documenting all corresoondence. I also sent him a link to this thread.. :)

Sponsored

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I apologize for not trekking through 38 pages on this but my dealer converted BOTH my reservations to orders 2 days ago without asking or telling me. I AM HOT over this. I was still thinking of changing dealers AND I wanted to save one for MY2022

Can't talk to the dealer until tomorrow so I called Ford Customer service and they confirmed the dealer can easily switch the orders back to reservations AND I keep my 1st day timestamp. I was seeing a lot of people say once converted to an order, you're screwed.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I apologize for not trekking through 38 pages on this but my dealer converted BOTH my reservations to orders 2 days ago without asking or telling me. I AM HOT over this. I was still thinking of changing dealers AND I wanted to save one for MY2022

Can't talk to the dealer until tomorrow so I called Ford Customer service and they confirmed the dealer can easily switch the orders back to reservations AND I keep my 1st day timestamp. I was seeing a lot of people say once converted to an order, you're screwed.
Yeah, prior to us escalating to Ford corporate, you WERE screwed once the dealer did this.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update:

Good news bad news thing. Good news, Im in the system REALLY early. Bad news, they did this without my knowledge. Ford customer confirmed it is an order and now I cant change dealers. When i went in to the ford account it just shows where it used to say reservation date it now says order date(mine said Jan 19) and then the reservation number is now an order number.

I think they were trying to pull a fast one and keep the order. (reservation was for Badlands 20 minutes after reveal). In fact im the badlands thread starter on here. My salesman is off today but hes going in to work now to see whats up, I actually think he had no clue. The dealership is 100 miles from me right now but i didnt change because i knew they would get a big allocation. But my son goes to college there so Im going to get him to go by there and get some paperwork to make sure its MSRP when i get it. (going to get them to notarize it too)

Will update shortly, salesman suppose to call me back.

Another Update:

OK, saleman called me with the inventory manager(guy that does the ordering)..Inventory manage said he went into system last night to get familiar with it, and didnt know it would save it.
He said it was his fault.

We'll never know the truth, but the truth is i do have an order with jan 19 timestamp, at msrp(in writing).....and I ordered it today without any of the deadly seven(really wanted 6 cylinder, oh well) but Im thinking this will be one of the first ones.

Links to others who have experienced the same issue with their dealers:

@bfosmoen
@Jp215
@Philly
@McCracken
@climb2descend
@NotApplicable
@bdub2you
@RobBroncowski
@Palerider
@bronc'o
@GatorDave
@PittsburghEE
@martyb
@gigidaho
@Ah_crap
@Gaucholoco
@Cactus Grey
@caseylross
@Inrustwetrust_
@BlueBronco
@toughtoaster
@manualT
@senatorPOPS
They need your drivers license to place the order something wrong with this post.

Palerider

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealer has not changed the unauthorized order status back to reservation status as of 4pm today. After talking to the dealer's manager yesterday, he gave no indication he would do that.
Spoke to Ford support above at 4pm today, and she gave me the same canned program, about how dealers are independent, you have to talk to them, yada yada, and I told her we have already talked to the dealer and they aren't playing ball. She said my request would be "escalated", but couldn't define what that was. She admitted that only the dealer can change the order status, not Ford.

So, the above statement is just a "guideline" to the dealers, and there is nothing else Ford can do if the dealer decides they are not changing back the orders.
Sponsored