Sponsored

Dealer Visit: !) What they said about ordering. 2) Test drove FE Bronco Sport. 3) Area 51 & Cactus Grey.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In reverse order...

3) Cactus Grey is better than Area 51. I preferred A51 to CG before seeing in person. Definitely some green in CG. A51 is blase, imo.

2) Test drove First Edition Bronco Sport - Took on highway and stomped on it, remember FE has the larger 2.0L 4 cyl. Turbo lag was annoying and so was the whir trying to go faster. IMO - The Sport is underpowered and would annoy the hell out of me. The smaller 3cy 1.5L must be abysmal. The Bronco Sports they have are flying off the lot.

3) Dealer knowledge: This was largest dealer in Miami with stated 500-ish reservations. They had NO iDEA when ordering starts. Sales manager with WT order for himself was unaware you can change trim level at order time. Salesperson told me I would get my Bronco sooner, the sooner I gave them additional deposit (My bullsh_t meter was buzzing and flashing red). They are MSRP only. The floor manager thinks 100% of converted orders will take delivery (huh?), doesn't think Ford will penalize dealership for selling reserved Bronco to a different person, was unaware that reservation/order conversions affect allocation. Sales manager admitted that folks on the forums are better informed than him. Also, said he's got many non-reservation holders that really want Broncos and was interested in getting my 3 reservations, but his boss was unwilling to give me a dollar below MSRP on even one. Most dealers are clueless and don't give a crap until they can actually start selling. Recent rumor that ordering may get pushed to summer is 100% speculative b.s.
Maybe its just me and my expectations from the job I do.... But, if you admit people on forums have more knowledge than you (Someone that should be a SME) would you not join a forum to soak in the info and sound informed when asked questions from customers that impact your income?
Sponsored

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agree on A51 on the Sport; I didn't like it, however saw it in person on Bronco (2-door Black Diamond) last weekend and it looked pretty darn good.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2) Test drove First Edition Bronco Sport - Took on highway and stomped on it, remember FE has the larger 2.0L 4 cyl. Turbo lag was annoying and so was the whir trying to go faster. IMO - The Sport is underpowered and would annoy the hell out of me. The smaller 3cy 1.5L must be abysmal. The Bronco Sports they have are flying off the lot.
We picked up a Bronco Sport Badlands this past weekend since our 2nd res build didn't pan out, and my partner loves it. We haven't had any issues of turbo lag (she hasn't even tried the sport mode). We definitely prefer it over the 1.5 (we tested a big bend just to see the vehicle first) and it reconfirmed our decision for the badlands (not just engine but other specs that were were looking for).

Shockingly, I haven't seen many here in SoCal. Possibly in the next few weeks but it's been nice rolling around with a vehicle not many have or even seen. Had 2 people stop us at the gas station asking if this was the full size??? I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my day 1 res (bumping to WT from BL) to complete our stable. We will definitely be taking both off road, doing comparisons and long distance trips????

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We picked up a Bronco Sport Badlands this past weekend since our 2nd res build didn't pan out, and my partner loves it. We haven't had any issues of turbo lag (she hasn't even tried the sport mode). We definitely prefer it over the 1.5 (we tested a big bend just to see the vehicle first) and it reconfirmed our decision for the badlands (not just engine but other specs that were were looking for).

Shockingly, I haven't seen many here in SoCal. Possibly in the next few weeks but it's been nice rolling around with a vehicle not many have or even seen. Had 2 people stop us at the gas station asking if this was the full size??? I'm looking forward to taking delivery of my day 1 res (bumping to WT from BL) to complete our stable. We will definitely be taking both off road, doing comparisons and long distance trips????
Picked up my Big Bend Sport last week. Even here in MI, people are staring at it and asking me if it's the "real" Bronco, lol. Honestly, I don't think the 1.5L is that bad .... although I haven't driven the 2.0L to compare....

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think this is an important point. Other than losing a reservation here and there, I'd assume there's little incentive for the "average" dealership to put their time and effort into Broncos that they can't sell for another 9-12 months when they can be pushing more F-150s and other vehicles off their lot right now. Same goes for the dealership that I'm reserved with that has given me little communication.
That's it right there Alex. New car sales are a month to month thing for the sale people. They don't sell, they don't get paid, or maybe don't even have a job. So wasting time on a vehicle that is just that to them "a vehicle", and won't be available for approx. 18 months isn't paying their bills today. That's just the name of the game, and it wouldn't be a game I would want to play. You have do deal with the public, and at this point in my life I just don't do well with the public. :)

Members here are fortunate to have dealers like @Granger Ford, etc. that are willing to prepare for that long game. And, they could very well cash in at the end . I do believe there will be dealers that look back, and wish they had done the same.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are not gonna like the Bronco then. The Bronco Sport FE is 3707 lbs, with 250HP that is 0.067 HP per pound. The Bronco 4D FE is 5226 lbs and with 310 HP that is 0.059 HP per pound or 13% less power per pound. Comparing the same with Torque gives a negligible 2% advantage for the Bronco.
Most people here do not realize the Bronco is several hundred pounds heavier than a Wrangler and a Ranger, so while a 2.0L 270HP is zippy on a Jeep, it won't be the case on a loaded Bronco.
Watching the Bronco in the Baja1000 with the stock 2.7L and beefed up suspension moved pretty good.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No offense to anyone down there - but another good reason not to live in, or at least have ordered my Bronco, in Miami!

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You beat up on someone's FE Bronco Sport? Or was this one that magically ended up as dealer stock?
Lol, I have to admit "break-in" goes out the window anytime I test drive a new vehicle. I want and need to know if a vehicle has any....... well you know. If a vehicle doesn't at least put a little grin on my face when I test drive it, I can't buy it. Thus, I will be ordering the 2.7L lol.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Picked up my Big Bend Sport last week. Even here in MI, people are staring at it and asking me if it's the "real" Bronco, lol. Honestly, I don't think the 1.5L is that bad .... although I haven't driven the 2.0L to compare....

Congrats! Isn't it funny?? ? how's your experience been?

Oh agreed, I was actually quite surprised how well the ride comfortability has been and I was impressed in the Big Bend too - the torque is the biggest thing you'll feel. We're planning to go on some trails this weekend to test other aspects of the vehicle.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are not gonna like the Bronco then. The Bronco Sport FE is 3707 lbs, with 250HP that is 0.067 HP per pound. The Bronco 4D FE is 5226 lbs and with 310 HP that is 0.059 HP per pound or 13% less power per pound. Comparing the same with Torque gives a negligible 2% advantage for the Bronco.
Most people here do not realize the Bronco is several hundred pounds heavier than a Wrangler and a Ranger, so while a 2.0L 270HP is zippy on a Jeep, it won't be the case on a loaded Bronco.
There's some truth to that but gearing can help out a "ton". Or roughly 2 and a half actually.

Sponsored

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Congrats! Isn't it funny?? ? how's your experience been?

Oh agreed, I was actually quite surprised how well the ride comfortability has been and I was impressed in the Big Bend too - the torque is the biggest thing you'll feel. We're planning to go on some trails this weekend to test other aspects of the vehicle.
Yeah, I am pretty impressed. Ride is good for what it is; handling, steering, and body roll are better than expected. Haven' driven it in any snow yet so can't really assess 4x4. Build quality seems pretty good for the class. Enjoy!

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dealers know nothing. How many times do I have to say this?

You must do your own research. The day the orders open up will be advertised across the web, as it will be a worthy news story.

That's when you start bugging your dealership for an appointment.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Disagree. The 6cyl 2.7L mated with the 10sp auto should perform nicely. One reason I'm going Badlands and not Wildtrak is because I know I'll lose some acceleration going from 33 to 35s.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe its just me and my expectations from the job I do.... But, if you admit people on forums have more knowledge than you (Someone that should be a SME) would you not join a forum to soak in the info and sound informed when asked questions from customers that impact your income?
That would require a greater caring about the job at hand.
Sponsored